The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Schneider, not Lu

Super_Canuck

Who would you rather trade?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Schneider played and we won the cup, Roberto Luongo wouldnt have gotten any credit whatsoever, when he would be the one leading the team all the way to that point. To start Schneider in any game in that series would have been just wrong, that was Luongo's moment.

I'm just going to go with it . . .

It was his his moment. You're right. And what did he do with it? Sh!t the bed. That's what.

Next you say "Well if the offense would have scored some goals" (and I don't even bother to point out that the average amount of goals the Canucks would have to score over the four games they lost was 5.25)

Then I say "There was only one game that the Bruins scored less than 4 goals (not including shutouts, and those shutouts are essentially cancelled out by Thomas' oft forgotten two shutouts), and while the Canucks scored more than one goal only twice in that series, they would have had to score 5 goals or more on 3 occasions and 9 goals or more on one occasion to win that series, making necessary a hurculean offensive effort to do so."

And you say "What does that even mean"?

Then I say "Exactly".

We both agree never to have the conversation again and live happily ever after and watch the Canucks win the cup in the next 3 years with the goalie of the future.

Until Schneider wins a gold medal in Canada's single biggest sporting event/game in Canadian history, leads his team to the Stanley Cup finals, posts 3 straight shutouts in consecutive games TWICE in back to back seasons, wins a World Hockey Championship (2004 in Toronto), goes to multiple all-star games, can prove he can play 60+ games a season,and get voted as the toughest goaltender to score on in the NHL as voted by the players.....HE IS JACK S***

Rather trade Lu, we'll get good goaltending for less money. Even just having the cap space makes us a better team, Luongo was absolutely amazing his first couple years with us, since then just average. Schneider is a superstar, everyone knows it that matters.

Only way i'm okay with trading schneids is if it's for one of Kulikov, Huberdeau, or Galchenyuk.

So you discredit Luongos mental toughness (which I agree isn't always a strong point - with fans like you I can see why it is like that) and then point out 3 games that he didn't play in?

Games where schneider played and was 1-2? And in net when the Canucks were eliminated?

AV has always said he wants to put the team on the ice that has the best chance of winning. I guess in game 5 he was wrong. Schneider was the better goalie in that series.

Do I know better? No, otherwise I would have their jobs.

What I do know. MG has said he's in NO hurry to move either of his goalies. Which basically will shut up any arguement you have that can 100% say Luo will be traded. Unless you know better then MG and team management of course.

Wait and see who is traded and I will remind you of your blindness and lack of depth of thought when it happens. It is blatantly clear which goaltender is being traded. You lou lovers are like a girlfriend who's been cheated on ten times, seen it 6 times and still won't admit your bf is a douche. Lol...

Thanks

Archived