The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Yeah, we could probably sweeten it with a draft pick and/or mid level prospect (Rodin). I remember hearing if the hawks got Parise then Kane could go on the block, but since they didn't they may not want to part with him as easily anymore.

Why is the hockey world suddenly focussed on Lu to Chicago? He was asked about the city and gave a pretty standard player answer..."great hockey city, organization, bla bla etc" ...he didn't say 'oh yes, please send me there". God, people are stupid sometimes :/

*Players don't badmouth other organizations at that level of publicity, esp at a critical turning point in their career. It would be career suicide, doesn't matter what city is on the end of the question.

Why is the hockey world suddenly focussed on Lu to Chicago? He was asked about the city and gave a pretty standard player answer..."great hockey city, organization, bla bla etc" ...he didn't say 'oh yes, please send me there". God, people are stupid sometimes :/

*Players don't badmouth other organizations at that level of publicity, esp at a critical turning point in their career. It would be career suicide, doesn't matter what city is on the end of the question.

You're right. Neither did he say anything about "Send me to Florida" or Toronto, but people can speculate possible trades there? I was just curious if anyone thought Kane for Luongo would be fair, since he mentioned hockey market and playoff contender and liking to play in Chicago. Sorry.

Archived