609 replies to this topic

#571 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

That wasn't the case during Dan's 1st season on Big Brother, when he screwed over most of the jury members then and still swept the votes.

Evel Dick, did the same thing during his season and Will in his.

The only people Dan really screwed over in Season 10 was Jessie and Ollie. He made amends and didn't make it as obvious he was the reason for most of the evictions. After the jury discussion, most of them realized Dan was Batman in the house, while Memphis was Robin.

Dan failed to consider jury votes this season. I remember his DR's in S10 where he talked about doing certain things to hopefully soften the eviction blows as the person went into jury. Dan did none of that this season and stabbed people in the front.

But of course, you can't blame him. He did what he had to do to stay in the house, he was on survival mode for the entire game. Being a past winner of Big Brother in a house full of newbies puts an automatic huge target on your back.
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#572 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

The only people Dan really screwed over in Season 10 was Jessie and Ollie. He made amends and didn't make it as obvious he was the reason for most of the evictions. After the jury discussion, most of them realized Dan was Batman in the house, while Memphis was Robin.

Dan failed to consider jury votes this season. I remember his DR's in S10 where he talked about doing certain things to hopefully soften the eviction blows as the person went into jury. Dan did none of that this season and stabbed people in the front.

But of course, you can't blame him. He did what he had to do to stay in the house, he was on survival mode for the entire game. Being a past winner of Big Brother in a house full of newbies puts an automatic huge target on your back.

He screwed over Michelle (put her as replacement nominee and got evicted), Jerry (evicted Jessie, when he promised not to), and Keesha (His plan to take Jerry instead of her to the final 3).

Of course Dan considered jury votes, he been mentioning jury votes on the live feeds. Either way, I don't think Dan had a chance of winning even if he was up against Danielle in the final two. The jury were too bitter at him for pulling the stuff he did.

Did anyone come to think that the stuff he sworn on (the his grandfather's cross, bible, wedding ring) were actually fake and had no real meaning to him? He could have just bought those stuff prior to the show and make the houseguests think that those were real cherish items of his.

Edited by shiznak, 20 September 2012 - 12:50 AM.

30m4j6v.png

#573 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

Dan gave the jury too much credit. He thought they would vote for the best player and not just for who played the "nicest" game. He would have voted for whoever played the game the best and he thought the jury would be mature enough to do the same.

Funniest thing is after the show when the jury members were interviewed, Britney said repeatedly that she was blown away by Dan and he controlled the whole house and she couldn't believe the moves he made and yet after saying that Dan pretty much played the best game she still voted for Ian. Just makes her look like a hypocrite for telling people to not vote personal earlier. Then Jen was interviewed and she said she didn't vote for Dan because he had already won before :picard: And Shane was of course acting like a 2 year old the whole time at the finale. He acted like he had won when Ian walked out. The jury just pissed me off this season.

Edited by WestCoastCanucks, 20 September 2012 - 01:09 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#574 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,294 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

Perfect way to end the season. The best man won and Frank got the 25g's. So the best overall player and the best competition player both got rewarded. Good job Ian, loved all of his answers to the questions as well.

Subbancopy.jpg

#575 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

POPULAR

Perfect way to end the season. The best man won and Frank got the 25g's. So the best overall player and the best competition player both got rewarded. Good job Ian, loved all of his answers to the questions as well.

You should be drinking alcohol and typing at the same time, or else you type stupid stuff like this.

30m4j6v.png

#576 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:26 AM

Ian played well and out-played Dan. Part of the game is considering the jury vote. Dan didn't do this and it bit him in the ass.

Also... Is Danielle mentally retarded or something? Dan could say absolutely anything and she would believe him.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#577 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Also thought Dan should of won but that's how it goes. Pretty good season this year....just the fact that there was no Rachael made this season exponentially better than the last two.
Posted Image

#578 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

Do people really think Ian should have won? Dan kept that dude safe and took crap from Boogie and Frank for him for ages. He also pretty much single handedly put most of those people in the jury house. The guy ran that game. Dominated it. It's just a shame that people in the jury were too bitter to vote for him to win.

But I don't really mind Ian winning. He could use the money.
Posted Image

#579 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Dan is an exceptional manipulator, Ian is an exceptional big brother player. People can call Dan an amazing player with great strategy, but how can your strategy be considered strong if you're betraying and lieing to all the people who have to vote for you to win.

The better player won, period.

Have you never seen the show before? You're not gonna get anywhere if you don't lie.
Posted Image

#580 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,294 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

You should be drinking alcohol and typing at the same time, or else you type stupid stuff like this.

The only thing stupid was your post. Ian hands down was the best overall player.

Subbancopy.jpg

#581 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Do people really think Ian should have won? Dan kept that dude safe and took crap from Boogie and Frank for him for ages. He also pretty much single handedly put most of those people in the jury house. The guy ran that game. Dominated it. It's just a shame that people in the jury were too bitter to vote for him to win.

But I don't really mind Ian winning. He could use the money.

the beauty of dan's game was that he was able to run the house like a boss without anyone realizing he was about to screw them over at a moments notice. he made everyone think they were safe, when in actuality no one was safe.
the problem with dans game is that everyone left the house hating him, because they thought they were safe and they got screwed over by him (the screwing being their last memory of the house). dan was never going to win the game, regardless of who would have made it to the end with him because of how he screwed everyone.

#582 Owen Nolan

Owen Nolan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Posted Image

#583 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

I don't even like Dan, but he should have won in my opinion.

He was a big threat from the moment the coaches became players. Everyone knew how dangerous he was and he was basically a target for most of the house from that point on. Ian remaining in the house was indirectly caused by Dan also being there. He was always a bigger target, and had to play so aggressively because of it. If Dan tried to play any other type of game, he would have been evicted weeks ago.

I'll give Ian some credit, because he won some important pov's and hoh's, but I have a feeling he likely would have been evicted shortly after Dan if things played out that way.

Entertaining season though. Nice to see big frank get the 25k.

#584 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Oh and I also think Dan did a horrible job communicating his efforts to the jury on finale night. He made himself sound terrible. He really didn't try to put a positive spin on anything. I found it odd because he seemed so well spoken in the diary room. He really seemed out of character. I think that may have lost him a few votes right there.

#585 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Oh and I also think Dan did a horrible job communicating his efforts to the jury on finale night. He made himself sound terrible. He really didn't try to put a positive spin on anything. I found it odd because he seemed so well spoken in the diary room. He really seemed out of character. I think that may have lost him a few votes right there.

I think most of them had made up their minds already.

Best player won... Otherwise they wouldn't have. :)
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#586 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

the beauty of dan's game was that he was able to run the house like a boss without anyone realizing he was about to screw them over at a moments notice. he made everyone think they were safe, when in actuality no one was safe.
the problem with dans game is that everyone left the house hating him, because they thought they were safe and they got screwed over by him (the screwing being their last memory of the house). dan was never going to win the game, regardless of who would have made it to the end with him because of how he screwed everyone.

Dan would have won the game if the jury wasn't full of bitter wankers. Dan is the greatest player to ever play this game. It's just a shame the jury couldn't get over the fact that he burnt them so hard.
Posted Image

#587 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I think most of them had made up their minds already.

Best player won... Otherwise they wouldn't have. :)

That could be true. But I think he may have been able to possibly swing someone like Jen, Ashley or possibly even frank if he was smooth enough. Who knows though. I think Ian had a number of votes given to him specifically because they liked him as a person, not neccesarily based on his gameplay.

#588 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

The only thing stupid was your post. Ian hands down was the best overall player.

Oh please, Ian hid behind Dan throughout most of the game.

Ian didn't even get nomineed when Frank won HoH after Boogie got evicted. That's how easy of a road Ian got to the final two, all because of Dan.

30m4j6v.png

#589 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,294 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Oh please, Ian hid behind Dan throughout most of the game.

Ian didn't even get nomineed when Frank won HoH after Boogie got evicted. That's how easy of a road Ian got to the final two, all because of Dan.

He got nominated on double eviction night by DAN! Dan wanted to send him home that night, he said so himself. Ian won the Veto and pulled himself off. Get over your Dan boner he has a wife already.
Posted Image

Subbancopy.jpg

#590 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

He got nominated on double eviction night by DAN! Dan wanted to send him home that night, he said so himself. Ian won the Veto and pulled himself off. Get over your Dan boner he has a wife already.

What's your point? Ian wouldn't have made that move, if he was in Dan's position.

Everything Ian has done this year, was because Dan told him to. He was his puppet, Ian won competitions, but Dan called the shots.

30m4j6v.png

#591 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Quack Pack may be the lamest name for a group of people I've ever heard. And the fact they say "quack" and do that hand thing is extra lame.
Posted Image

#592 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,722 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Quack Pack may be the lamest name for a group of people I've ever heard. And the fact they say "quack" and do that hand thing is extra lame.

Ian went little over the top with the whole quack pack thing.
Posted Image

#593 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,896 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Dan is the greatest Big Brother player in history.

Nuff said.

apple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

#594 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,294 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

What's your point? Ian wouldn't have made that move, if he was in Dan's position.

Everything Ian has done this year, was because Dan told him to. He was his puppet, Ian won competitions, but Dan called the shots.

I get it, you think Dan should have won. No point arguing with a tree.
Dan owed you child support or something and you're pissed he didn't win.
You'll both survive.

Subbancopy.jpg

#595 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Dan would have won the game if the jury wasn't full of bitter wankers. Dan is the greatest player to ever play this game. It's just a shame the jury couldn't get over the fact that he burnt them so hard.

In a nutshell this is exactly how it is.

A bitter jury gives the money to the hammock rocking annoying kid, who did win some HOH and POV competitions, but Dan made this season interesting, whereas Ian was just this skinny kid.

This show is getting softer each season, I mean the jury members should be congratulating Dan and telling him he blew them away, even Jannelle said something is wrong if Dan didn't win.

And what did they do? Remain bitter towards him. Sore frickin losers. :picard:

LOL @ someone saying Dan sent them all out in body bags one by one, I think it was Jenn, that was classic! :towel:

#596 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#597 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Jury was butt-hurt. Dan should have won. Ian did "ok", he certainly deserved second place over Danielle as he DID play but Dan was a freaking brilliant manipulator/game player. Ian was merely good.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#598 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

did anyone watch their interview on "the talk", he had written down his "strategy" ahead of time on a piece of paper and brought it to the house with him, and the producers got a hold of it. it was nearly 100% accurate as to how he played the game, including the formation of the quack pack and their member types, and his placement on the totem. the kid is clearly brilliant.

#599 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

did anyone watch their interview on "the talk", he had written down his "strategy" ahead of time on a piece of paper and brought it to the house with him, and the producers got a hold of it. it was nearly 100% accurate as to how he played the game, including the formation of the quack pack and their member types, and his placement on the totem. the kid is clearly brilliant.

Is the Talk available online? Must watch...

Will post link if I find it.

Posted Image

#600 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Dans misting was amazing

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.