Souray - Allen

Lydman - Lindholm

--------------------------------------------

Hiller

Fasth

In: Fisher, Souray, Lindholm, Allen, Dumba, Staubitz

Out: Hagman, Blake, Fowler, Visnovsky, Winnik

Key Prospects: Etem, Palmieri, Holland, Dumba, Lindholm

2011-2012 Season: There were a lot of high hopes going into the 11-12 season for The Ducks, with a strong second half of the last season, that saw them squeak into 4th place in the Western Conference. They finally got their #1 goalie back, Jonas Hiller who missed most of the second half, including the playoffs with vertigo, a healthy Captain Getzlaf, and the reigning Hart and Rocket winner in their lineup. However that was not the case, the season was a complete disaster for the Ducks, finishing last in their division and 13th in the Confernce. After the slow start, The Ducks fired their coach Randy Carlyle, replacing him with former bench boss Bruce Boudreau days later. Ryan Getzlaf had one of his worst seasons as a Duck, managing only 11 goals and 57 points in 82 games, well under his point per game average. There were numerous reports of one of their top stars, Bobby Ryan being on the trading block.

Off-season: Going into the draft, The Ducks had the 6th overall pick. Ongoing trade rumour continue with Bobby Ryan with possible destination: Philly, Buffalo, Ottawa, and New York, but Ryan remain as a Duck. The Ducks however, sent top defensemen, Lubomir Visnovsky to the Islanders for a draft pick and drafted Swedish defensemen Hampus Lindholm with the 6th pick. No big splashs were made by The Ducks at free agency. The biggest fish they reeled in was veteran defensemen Bryan Allen, and later Sheldon Souray. Long time, Ducks Selanne agree to play at least one more season and signed a one year deal worth 4.5M. Things sowly died down on the trade front, until out of nowhere, The Ducks made a huge trade with the Predators. However it wasn't the big name were we expecting. The Ducks traded young defensemen Cameron Fowler and Daniel Winnik to Nashville. Coming to The Ducks way were Mike Fisher and the 7th overall pick in the 2012 draft Matthew Dumba.

Break-down: On Forward, The Ducks added gritty goal scorer Mike Fisher to center the second line. They kept one of the best trio (for the time being), in the league together hopeing to rekindle their magic two years ago. The Ducks are also hoping Ryan Getzlaf will have a bounce back year from last year. Look for some of the young talents to step up this year and battle for various spots in the Ducks' top 9. On defense, they added two veteran defensemen to help out their young core of blueliners. Losing Fowler might sting, but they are confident that 2012 6th overall pick, Lindholm could play for them this year. In goal, there is no doubt who the #1 goalie is. When Hiller is healthy and on his game, he's a top 10 goalie, and has the ability to steal games for the Ducks.

Summary: While, they are not consider one of the top teams in the West, you can never count out the Ducks, because Ducks fly together. They have the talent to win against anyone in the West. Look for them to fight for a playoffs spot throughout the year. If not, then it's going to be another long season for them.

The Colorado Avalanche are happy to announce a trade with the Minnesota Wild. The deal is as follows:

TO COL: Clutterbuck+Minnesota 2nd 2013

TO MIN: Paajarvi+Minnesota 1st 2013(previously acquired by Colorado)

GM H2 had this to say. “The Colorado Avalanche are extremely happy to welcome Cal Clutterbuck to the team. We would also like to thank Magnus Paajarvi for his time with our team, however short. We feel that Clutterbuck replaces the grit and physicality that we lost when we dealt Simmonds and Clarkson, and with his presence on our 3rd line, we believe that it is the best 3rd line in the league.”

The Colorado Avalanche are thought to have been done trading for the off season, though they will listen to offers if they are approached.

COLORADO UPDATED LINEUP:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTERMy Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.667m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.625m)

Taylor Hall ($3.750m) / Ryan O’Reilly ($4.500m) /
Teddy Purcell ($2.362m) 

Lauri Korpikovski($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Cal Clutterbuck($1.400m)

Cody McLeod ($1.150m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.925m)/ Matt Kassian ($0.575

David Van Der Gulik ($0.575m) / Mark Olver ($0.600m) / Bill Thomas ($0.550m) 

DEFENSEMEN

Zbynek Michalek ($4.000m) / Keith Yandle ($5.250m)

Nick Schultz (3.500m) / Alex Goligoski ($4.600m)

Rostislav Klesla ($2.975m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m) 

GOALTENDERS

Mike Smith ($2.000m) 

Jason Labarbera ($1.250m)

------CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,600,000; BONUSES: $3,410,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $7,221,000

I think I'm done trading for the offseason. I'm extremely happy with my team, definitely an upgrade on the Av's team from last season. What do you guys think? On paper, will the Av's miss the playoffs, be a playoff team, or contend for the Cup. I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,

H2

PHOENIX COYOTES

Last season Record-42-27-13

Points-97

Finished: 1st in Division,3rd in the West,11th in the whole league

Current Lineup

FORWARDS

David Booth ($4.250m) / Shawn Horcoff ($5.500m) / Zach Parise ($7.538m)

Brenden Morrow ($4.100m) / Frans Nielsen ($2.750m) / Pierre-Marc Bouchard ($4.080m)

Ray Whitney ($4.500m) / Vernon Fiddler ($1.800m) / Milan Hejduk ($2.000m)

Kyle Chipchura ($0.675m) / Alexandre Bolduc ($0.650m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.325m)

Cody Eakin ($0.638m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Derek Morris ($2.750m)

Jan Hejda ($3.250m) / David Schlemko ($0.550m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Matt Carkner ($1.500m)

Stefan Elliott ($0.900m) /

GOALTENDERS

Niklas Backstrom ($6.000m)

Jean-Sebastien Giguere ($1.250m)

Did the Coyotes do enough??

Coyotes GM CheckYourUnderstanding has pretty much trade 90% of the team from last year.But got some star players and

alot of depth. After trading for Parise the Coyotes made Parise Captain. But Can he produce as much points like from last

year. There were questionable moves made by CheckYourUnderstanding. Like the Horcoff trade when he traded Martin Hanzel and

a top prospect. Now Horcoff is the number 1 center. David Booth who was traded from Vancouver has a chance to shine with fellow

american Zach Parise. Also the coyotes acquired All star defenceman Alex Edler. Now paired up with Derek Morris its going to be

hard to pass the Coyotes amazing Defence. Mike Smith being traded to the AVS for Nick Backstrom. Can he be like the Mike Smith

from last season or better.

Cup Contender?

Last season the Coyotes went all the way to the Western Conference finals. After being eliminated by the Cup champions LA Kings

the coyotes are looking to go farther than the Wester Conference Finals. They may be a Stanley Cup Contender. But looking at other teams

like Colorado it wont be a easy task.

Young Guns

The Coyotes have gave up some notable Young players during this long offseason. RunBland and OEL have been traded for older players that are

very good. The Coyotes still have Gormley, Schlemko and recently acquired Stefan Elliot.A Vancouver Native who can be in the lineup

throughout the season.

What if everything goes wrong?

If the Coyotes dont make the playoffs or fail early in the playoffs. GM CheckYourUnderstanding job could be seriously at risk. He pretty much

killed the team from last year.

Doan.

If Doan resigns with the Coyotes the team would have an extra boost. But dont expect to see a Major Difference

Summary

The Coyotes are a very good team and we could see them in the playoffs. But trading some key players like vrabata and yandle can bite them

some point in the season or playoffs. Parise who is the new leader of the Coyotes will probably have his career high points this season with

speedy David booth beside him. Brendan Morrow former Captain of the Dallas stars might not be as good as he was in Dallas but he will have a

Decent season. In conclusion the Coyotes are a dangererous team and they can surprise you.

PS: excuse me for my grammar

Dam Edmonton has a goalie who might actually be good for years to come now, two solid veterans, anddddd a solid young defence man with potential.

Northwest division could be the toughest one in the west this year.

Vancouver looks solid, Colorado looks solid, Minnesota looks solid, Edmonton looks young, but could have a nice year, and Calgary...they're Calgary.

I agree I think Edmonton won that deal. I was considering throwing an offer for the young Russian; however, I knew it would take a lot to get him and I like my team right now.

Also, the North West Division is going to be crazy!

I'd like to see someone from the outside weight in on who they think will be cup contenders and what not. Possible rankings in each conference. That would be fun.

You're a real salesman you are, "young superstar CoHo!" Very nice loaded phrase. Check your inbox, I think Hodgson's is a great player with great potential; however, he'll only be a second line center at best. Not sure if he'll reach 'superstar status.' Who is he: Kassian?

Archived