The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to shed unwanted body fat

Stefan

My daily meal ritual.

3 eggs, 20 grain toast, rolled oats, orange for breakfast.

Protein shake and almonds an hour or two later.

Fruit and granola hour later

Sandwich and fruit with plenty of vegetables, with 50 grams natural turkey breast for first lunch.

Vegetables with almonds post lunch.

Another sandwich with fruit 2nd lunch.

Fruit post 2nd lunch.

0% fat Greek yogurt with granola before gym.

Protein shake during gym with almond milk

Chicken breast brown rice salad or something similar for dinner

Protein shake for bed time.

Suggestions? All meals are in relative moderation.

I ate a large lunch and a large dinner. No breakfast, no 5 small meals a day, no powders or shakes or pills and lost 55 lbs in 6 months. By eating the right foods and exercising. Lots of rice, TONS of vegetable and fruits, unsalted almonds and other nuts, and for protein either skinless chicken or fish (salmon is expensive but prefrozen Talapia or Basa is cheap enough).

Rice is cheap. Most vegetables and fruit are cheap. by being careful where and when you buy chicken and fish can be affordable. You wont save any money over eating at McDonalds but you will save your health and it should cost about the same on a daily basis.

I exercise by mountain biking hard 3 times a week. not downhill riding letting gravity do the work. Cross country and climbing. In the winter it is a stationary bike at the gym with alternating sprints and climbs (simulated) If you have decent muscle mass and want to keep it you need to also move some weights or your going to lose muscle as you burn the fat. At the gym you can get away with 3 times a week under 45 minutes each time if iits just to maintain what you have.

EDIT: important, no deserts other than fresh fruit. no junk food ever (including Subway). No snack food other than fruit and veggies ever. No going off the diet for a day or 2 ever. Christmas dinner and Thanksgiving dinner I go off my diet for those 2 meals and thats only to make my Mom happy. I dont even like the word "diet" it implies something temporary. My diet is for life.

My daily meal ritual.

3 eggs, 20 grain toast, rolled oats, orange for breakfast.

Protein shake and almonds an hour or two later.

Fruit and granola hour later

Sandwich and fruit with plenty of vegetables, with 50 grams natural turkey breast for first lunch.

Vegetables with almonds post lunch.

Another sandwich with fruit 2nd lunch.

Fruit post 2nd lunch.

0% fat Greek yogurt with granola before gym.

Protein shake during gym with almond milk

Chicken breast brown rice salad or something similar for dinner

Protein shake for bed time.

Suggestions? All meals are in relative moderation.

Hey. So I've been going pretty steady (again) to the gym since Januaryish. Prior to this, I was off and on for 2 years.. But had interruptions from injuries and bronchitis which ultimately lead to me being lazy.

Anyways. This time I've been serious... I did a lot of research on nutrition, re-structured my gym routine, added more cardio... But I seem to be carrying a layer of body fat that I'd really like to cut.

So, I admittedly get too much carbs. The problem is due to time restraints, and a lack of income because of car payments, these are the most viable way of eating.

I'm not talking crazy amounts. Just more than I'd like. So I know I could cut back... But that's sort of a 'last resort'.

I have patellofemoral pain syndrome, so hardcore running is sort of out of the question for cardio. Biking is a good alternative, and I know I could increase that. Will that alone do the trick though?

More intense ab workouts? I do abs once every 3 days roughly. Give or take a day...

I could post my current steady diet if that helps.

But if anyone has any pointers to shed that extra fat without losing any mass, I'd really appreciate it.

Currently weigh 218, 6'3". Can post a body shot. Wanted to spare being called a douche bag... Or whatever.

And I post here because I saw the one fitness thread above, so I assume there's at least a handful of health junkies. :) (As opposed to posting on bodybuilding.com or something)

Oh.

Wow.

I guess I forgot to mention I'm not fat.

I weight train, regularly. I'm pretty beefy, I just wanted to cut excess body fat.

Buahahaha. That's why I wanted to post a picture... So people could see what I'm talking about.

It's just about half an inch of body fat if I pull from my abs. Nothing crazy. Wondering how to shed it.

Archived