The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

After some tough talks, the Vancouver Canucks are proud to announce the resigning of Alexandre Edler! At the strike of midnight, both parties were able to come to an agreement. Edler's contract is a massive 6 year contract worth 39 million dollars (6.5 mill a season). Edler is now the highest player on the Canucks roster. Burke did not want to go over the 6 million mark, however, Burke wants to maintain his roster and make a push for the cup. Because of this signing look for Burke to make a big move this season to free up cap space for the upcoming offseason; whereas Burke has some mighty big contracts to deal with, Sedins and Kessel, just for starters.

Canucks also sign Tanev, Torres and Yan Sauve to new contracts.

I am simming this morning, yes. I may sim again tonight, depending on how everyone feels. I am certainly aiming to get this league started ASAP.

Have some trades to announce, something I lacked to do last year.

NYR and STL ( I could not accept this trade because of NYR salary issues)

STL and MLT (Trade Stternkirk and Kujawinski for Subban)!! Good deal!

STL and SJ ( D'Agostini and Sobotka for Wingels and Galiardi)

The Vancouver Canucks are proud to announce a shake up in their line up:

Hamhuis, Mccormick and Garrison for Seabrook and Hjalmarsson

Another trade, I feel dirty accepting but it is still reasonable:

Chi and Fld (Bolland, Pirri 2018 1st and 2019 1st for Huberdeau)

STL, I reject your offer for Hansen.

Sorry, I could not allow the deal between Chi-Car to go through, with Versteeg, cap issue with Car. If I am not accepting the rangers deal I cannot accept this one. Try'er again.

Sorry Edm, same thing, I cannot accept your Hocoff deal with SJ for a salary dump, it puts SJ over the cap.

And again, Edm and NYR cannot do that deal with NYR over the cap hit.

Wow! Calgary...you signed Lucic to 5 year deal worth 9 mill a season and Seguin to a 5 year deal worth 7 mil....good luck with that one :P

And Edm signed Rask to a 7.7 mill contract for 1 year hahaha

Edm you have like 10 mill in goalies hahaha

I hope you guys know what you're doing...

Oh the next advancement goes from July 2 to July 15 so they are jumping now. When do you want to advance it?

As per Eklund: Schneider being tossed around as a possible moving piece for the Vancouver Canucks...possible trading being announced soon. Could Burke upgrade his goaltending? Burke trying to relieve cap space for the next off-season. Big Contracts coming through the pipe.

Yeah I saw all them signings Isle. You guys be going HAM. I just traded Scheinder to Colorado, so that's a thing.

If it's cool with you guys, I can just advance it right to the next season. I am free now. People can still make trades and honestly most of the FA's are gone, I have no interest in signing Alfie at 8 mill lol so he'll sit there. So, I can advance it now. Then when people get home, the season will be ready...

Season 2 is ready to go!!

Good luck to everyone this new season! You can start playing your games at your own convenience. The first advancement will be Wednesday. I think that will give people lots of time to play their season opener.

Now, there is a fundamental question that we need to ask ourselves: the commish position for this season. Currently I am winning by one vote, however, there is one person who voted against me who is named: Zachfetch, and is he even in this league? I don't know him...so if he's not then his vote cannot count. Which puts me by 2. Now I did say 20 votes were the minimum and we're just short of that. It is up to you guys. Nonetheless, I would like to move past this for I can put the other poll up: one being GM of the year.

Now, as I am aware everyone is pretty active, however, Boston, where have you been? You haven't voted, you haven't even showed up for the off-season. You have a good pick from the draft, but you lost all your key players to free agency.

Currently, I will keep the same schedule as to when to advance it Weds and Sats. I think this is a good pace and I am sure people will have more time as their exams finish up.

If I am to remain as Commish, I would like for this season to name an assistant Commish, someone to help with rules, and to be a second helper through the season. I have been considering some people, and once there is an official decision on the poll, I will announce that person.

Thank you,

Burke

Archived