The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

Certainly. I will ask everyone to nominate 3 people to whom they think deserves this award. I will leave it open for 48 hrs. Whatever three have the highest nominations, will go into the final poll, where one will win. You cannot nominate yourself. Some of the criteria should be the trades they made, how their team did and finally the situation which they were put in and how they did in the position. This is NOT who is the best player, however, the best GM. So the best signings, trades, drafting, per say....

I will start

I nominate:

Anaheim Ducks GM. I think he has done a great job rebuilding his team. He completely took the team into a new direction, did some great signing and great drafting as a result. He might have missed the playoffs, but I think he did well.

The L.A Kings GM. I think again, he was able to make his team strong into the playoffs, he did some great trades to better position his team forward and I really think him getting Stamkos speaks volumes of his ability to negotiate.

Finally, I would like to nominate

The Phenox Coyotes GM. I think he has done the best job at making a cup push and obviously succeeded. I think he has a great defensive core and still has pieces to be a threat this season. Of course this all comes at the cost of losing depth and picks but he won a cup; I respect his choice.

These are my three choices.

Washington and Boston both let some big players go. Obviously, if they do not show up soon. I will remove both of them.

Also, huge announcement: Malkin has just been traded to the Ducks!! Mackinnon is in the mix, more info to come!

Chicago, you made two deals with Garrison involved, I accepted both. So I assume whichever one was first will go through.

And NASHVILLE OMG! I'll need sometime to think about this deal.

As per TSN: Canucks and Preds have blockbuster deal in the mix....

Also, Chicago, forgot, I could not accept that offer for Hansen.

Hey it's Zach! Hahaha you're the kid who voted against me; yet, you're not in this league....why? You're welcome to join! There are openings. Well I can speak for Kassian, he's a 78 right now, year 2. He had 7 goals, 7 assists last season with me. So not a great year, but he was one line 3/4. So he improved for sure. He'll be 80 next season.

Alright Nashville, I'll take your deal. It's too good to pass up right now and because I have depth down the middle, I will gladly accept the position as best defense in the league!!

Blockbuster trade first week of the season!

To Nashville:

Ryan Kesler

Yann Sauve

Vancouver's 1st Round 2014

Vancouver's 2nd Round 2015

Vancouver's 3rd Round 2016

To Vancouver:

Shea Weber (New Captain)

Mike Fisher

Nashville's 2nd Round 2014

Chicago's GM of the Year nominations:

Phoenix Coyotes: Obviously they won the Cup, and they made many strong acquisitions in order to do so. They have one of, if not the most mobile defence core, and have a very balanced lineup.

Anaheim Ducks: Full rebuild, they have acquired many young players and budding stars. They had almost 1/3 of the first round picks in this most recent draft. Nuff said.

Carolina Hurricanes: Made many moves this year to improve the team. Alzner was a great player to get on the backend. Neuvirth was also a good pickup, seeing as he is almost as good as Ward already (who he gave up).

Alright Nashville, I'll take your deal. It's too good to pass up right now and because I have depth down the middle, I will gladly accept the position as best defense in the league!!

Blockbuster trade first week of the season!

To Nashville:

Ryan Kesler

Yann Sauve

Vancouver's 1st Round 2014

Vancouver's 2nd Round 2015

Vancouver's 3rd Round 2016

To Vancouver:

Shea Weber (New Captain)

Mike Fisher

Nashville's 2nd Round 2014

Defensive Juggernaut. My defense is so stacked right now. Moreover, I have Ryan Murray and Ryan Pulock in the minors right now...So I will have to move to of them current defensemen in a year or so to make room for them. I hated parting with Kesler but since I have Klemchuk, Brassard, Guence, Lappy, and Schroeder AND I still have Sedin....My centers are stacked. Fisher adds some depth for now.

Removed Boston. And We have a new NYR GM.

Hey it's Zach! Hahaha you're the kid who voted against me; yet, you're not in this league....why? You're welcome to join! There are openings. Well I can speak for Kassian, he's a 78 right now, year 2. He had 7 goals, 7 assists last season with me. So not a great year, but he was one line 3/4. So he improved for sure. He'll be 80 next season.

Defensive Juggernaut. My defense is so stacked right now. Moreover, I have Ryan Murray and Ryan Pulock in the minors right now...So I will have to move to of them current defensemen in a year or so to make room for them. I hated parting with Kesler but since I have Klemchuk, Brassard, Guence, Lappy, and Schroeder AND I still have Sedin....My centers are stacked. Fisher adds some depth for now.

Archived