The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PS3] Pure GM Connected (Full SIM) 3 more hardcore's wanted

Pure GM

dang, The Kassassin Train, I love how you announced your trades. Stealing your method!

Mason Raymond to Tampa Bay for Scottie Upshall.

8471664.jpg8470105.jpg

Earlier today, the Washington Capitals and the Tampa Bay Lightning have agreed to a 3 player trade. The Washington Capitals sent young forwards Mason Raymond (27) and Drayson Bowman (21) for Scottie Upshall (28) and two 4th round picks (2013, 2015).

More news of these events will reported later.

Flyers acquire Wisniewski and Leclaire

7c2a3ea649be8201187035c95d5e.jpg

It turns out that Paul Holmgren wasn't done on the fronts of upgrading his team. The Flyers have also been able to acquire defenseman James Wisniewski and Back Up goaltender Pascal Leclaire. Going back to the Tampa Bay Lightening are Craig Smith, Brendan Ranford and Jonas Enroth. "With James coming to us in this deal we feel like we have an extremely strong top 4 with Bogosian, Blum, Sekera and now adding James makes me extremely pleased." Certainly with Ryan Miller getting majority of the starts in Philadelphia, Jonas Enroth was a piece that the Lightening wanted in this deal. "We're sad to see such a talented goalie such as Jonas go to another organization, but we got another very capable one in Pascal. We believe that Ryan can help him get his game back on track.

Today Philadelphia sent shockwaves through the entire league by obtaining Milan Lucic, and now with the addition of Wisniewski and Leclaire, the Flyers certainly look a lot more like contenders than they did a few weeks ago. How the team puts it together will be interesting to see. They certainly have gained sized with Lucic and solidified their top 6 with the addition in Wisniewski. Also coming with Wisniewski and Leclaire is a 3rd 2014 pick and a conditional 7th round 2014 pick.

Paul Holmgren was busy on the phone still and declined to do any interviews. Will this be it?

Currently this what the Flyers have for their opening night of hockey in the 2012 - 2013 Season

Philadelphia Flyers 2012 - 2013

Milan Lucic - Travis Zajac - Matt Read

David Perron - Adam Henrique - David Jones

Cal Clutterbuck - Dana Tyrell - Jack Skille

Mathieu Perreault - Scott Glennie - Brett Connolly

Andrej Sekera - Zach Bogosian

James Wisniewski - Jonathon Blum

Marc-Andrew Bergeron - John Moore

Ryan Miller

Pascal Leclaire

Also to announce, The Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club have also made a blockbuster move. After stern negotiations, Winnipeg has acquired D Victor Hedman, a 2013 1st Round Pick, a 2013 2nd Round Pick and a 2014 2nd Round Pick in exchange for F Phil Kessel. Additionally, Cal O'Reilly will be joining the Jets and Zac Rinaldo will be moving to the Rangers.

In a smaller move, Winnipeg has traded C Zack Smith and RW Kyle Palmeiri to Tampa Bay for C Roman Horak, RW Chuck Kobasew and a 2013 6th Round Pick.

Due to the holes created with the departure of Kessel, I am heavily shopping Dion Phaneuf. I need a winger from someone who is strong on the sides and weak on defense.

And on that note, the general consensus seems to be that everyone wants CPU trading, are we going to move forward with that? A lot of teams have dimensional needs - Philly only had one LW of note until he acquired Looch. I only have Bergenheim and Grabner, neither of which is worth writing home about. There's a lot of CPU teams that not only meet our needs, but have holes in their lineups where our players would benefit. To be perfectly honest, it's probably easier to fleece a human GM in this game than the CPU. It's a huge improvement over NHL12 and previous. Anyways, my 2 cents, but I'm also stuck with players I'd like more freedom in being able to move.

There is a poll up on our league site for trades with the CPU. In the GM meetings section you will find a discussion on the subject started by Tambellini. Also, to SIM/Watch is covered in the FAQ section of the site.

www.gmconnected.webnode.com

Love the articles (w/ pics: ) boys! You should put them on the league site as well. The non Canuck forum guys will love it!!!

Washington pulls off a big and surprising 5 player trade

9/28/12

8474566.jpg8475816.jpg8471669.jpg8473507.jpg

The Washington formally announced on their twitter site that they had acquired forward Paul Stastny and defenceman Jeff Petry for Stanislav Galiev, Nikita Filatov, a First Round Pick in 2013, and a Second Round Pick in 2013. Other pieces involved in this trade include Ben Maxwell moving to Winnipeg, and a 4th Round Pick in 2013 moving back.

The Washington Capital GM believes that Paul Stastny is that the final piece that will put them into the playoffs.

Paul Stastny has 5 goals and 12 assist for 17 points this season in 29 games for the Winnipeg Jets, however in a span of 17 games in a Capitals jersey, he has racked up 5 goals and 14 assists for 19 points.

Archived