Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Armada of naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#31 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

They have the technology to make nukes (which btw is now over 60 years old), because other countries gave it them as a part of the NPT.

Noone is giving them up to date fighters anymore. The ones they have are old and poorly maintained. Iran has gone about reverse engineering technology as a part of making it's own homemade weapons, but they are a joke:

http://defensetech.o...-wait-a-second/

http://defensetech.o...adron-strength/

This is 50 year old techonlogy. And the Iranian knockoffs are cheaply made versions of it. Modern air forces would absolutely dominate Iran.

I doubt all of their arsenals are from 50 years back. Don't they have a modern SAM system which they recently acquired from Russia? They do have some recent tech and they probably got some help from Russia or China in making some of their weapons.

Posted Image

#32 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,039 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the comedy. lol.

Pakistan.India,France and Israel allies of Amerca that's why...No one is invading Iran. no one wants too. Iran's military does'nt stand a chance in a war.

Pakistan is no longer an ally of the United States after the Americans "Mistakenly attacked one of their milatery bases by air strikes."

..No one is invading Iran

I don't know about you, it seems like you've been living under a rock for a while now, Israel wanted to attack Iran for a while now.

Iran unlike those other countries you've listed is in violoation of the NPT. Under the terms of the NPT countries without nuclear weapons who sign the treaty agree not to make nuclear weapons in exchange for nuclear technology. Iran was given nuclear technology, and are now using that to develop weapons.

Also, nooone wants war with Iran. Especially Israel. War with Iran would result in Israel getting pummelled by missles. Why would Israel want that?

Also, Iran the first for military? You must be Iranian to have a bias like that. Iran is armed largely with totally out of date cold war era weaponry that is falling apart. Any modern military would wipe the floor with Iran.

Also, nooone wants war with Iran. Especially Israel

Israel has been wanting to attack Iran for a while now....... Of course Israel wants more support......

Iran is armed largely with totally out of date cold war era weaponry that is falling apart. Any modern military would wipe the floor with Iran.

You sound American, that being said, I don't think much American's post on our forums. Love how your thinking is so underrating an nations army. Iran, is not power house, that being said, it's not like they can't protect themselves. They are one of only few muslim countries, that can literally equip their own army with weapons made in their own country. They can make their own tanks, and own rifles, and no, please dont think their army is equipped with ak47's. Their army is equped with kh2002's. Iran will not be wiped off the floor. Lets put it this way, they are like the modern day Vietnam. Suicidal, if you decide to invade by land forces. It will be a slaugher house for any countries deciding to invade by land. 1/10th of the population in Iran is a Miltia. So it will be a mess, mark my words, and they won't defeat Iran. Trust me. It won't happen. They can bomb their way into Iran, but really, it wont do much. That country is too united, Iran also has the support of Russia. Yes, one of their commanders already said they will support Iran.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#33 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,039 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

I doubt all of their arsenals are from 50 years back. Don't they have a modern SAM system which they recently acquired from Russia? They do have some recent tech and they probably got some help from Russia or China in making some of their weapons.

A lot of idiots are also responding to this thread. They really have no idea how Iran is equipped. The scary about Iran is not the army, it's the Miltia!

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#34 Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

Iran unlike those other countries you've listed is in violoation of the NPT. Under the terms of the NPT countries without nuclear weapons who sign the treaty agree not to make nuclear weapons in exchange for nuclear technology. Iran was given nuclear technology, and are now using that to develop weapons.

Also, nooone wants war with Iran. Especially Israel. War with Iran would result in Israel getting pummelled by missles. Why would Israel want that?

Also, Iran the first for military? You must be Iranian to have a bias like that. Iran is armed largely with totally out of date cold war era weaponry that is falling apart. Any modern military would wipe the floor with Iran.

I take it you have some concrete proof that no one else has? Please, do share.
Posted Image

#35 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,214 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Russia did'nt give/sell Iran the good SAM Missile system.. does'nt matter what Iran has,and their best stuff is their Missiles. they have some SUbs and outdated tanks.. they are building their own subs and tanks apparently. Their airforce is just some US F-4's and F-14 Tomcats which are outdated. just one of the 5 Aircraft carriers the USA has in the reigion has enough air power to wipe out Irans Airforce... which most of would either flee or not even take off.

No one is talking invasion either you guys are bringing it up.... lol... but blowing up their military like I said before would take a few months at most for it to surrneder....

Edited by Dittohead, 16 September 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#36 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

Iran also has the support of Russia.

And China.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#37 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

Russia did'nt give/sell Iran the good SAM Missile system.. does'nt matter what Iran has,and their best stuff is their Missiles. they have some SUbs and outdated tanks.. they are building their own subs and tanks apparently. Their airforce is just some US F-4's and F-14 Tomcats which are outdated. just one of the 5 Aircraft carriers the USA has in the reigion has enough air power to wipe out Irans Airforce... which most of would either flee or not even take off.

No one is talking invasion either you guys are bringing it up.... lol... but blowing up their military like I said before would take a few months at most for it to surrneder....

Nah, if an attack happens, the military won't surrender because the military becomes all the men, women and children of Iran. And I know that Iranian citizens would defend their country with their own blood. The fact is that I've seen their military and I've been there and know for a fact that their military aren't weak minded. Its only up to the Iranian government whether they would surrender or not. Also, where do you come up with your info? Do you also have the lot# of the SAM missiles that Russia sold Iran too? You also say that one of the US aircraft carrier has the power to wipe out all of Iran's Airforce? Are we talking about the transformers movie?

Edited by Pouria, 16 September 2012 - 10:43 PM.

Posted Image

#38 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,039 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

And China.

China has not verbally said they will protect Iran. But I see were your coming from. Because Russia and China is so close with tides, one will believe, that China will eventually protect Iran if they have too. The only countries they say they will protect is Pakistan and unfortuntley North Korea, but that was 50 years ago. But my point is China did not verbally mention like what Russia did, that they will defend or help Iran. They don't even do much importanting.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#39 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,214 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

A quick search brings up this... http://www.ausairpow...Deployment.html

#40 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

Nah, if an attack happens, the military won't surrender because the military becomes all the men, women and children of Iran. And I know that Iranian citizens would defend their country with their own blood. The fact is that I've seen their military and I've been there and know for a fact that their military aren't weak minded. Its only up to the Iranian government whether they would surrender or not. Also, where do you come up with your info? Do you also have the lot# of the SAM missiles that Russia sold Iran too? You also say that one of the US aircraft carrier has the power to wipe out all of Iran's Airforce? Are we talking about the transformers movie?

Welll except for those millions upon millions of people who no longer support the government of Iran. Iranian society is very divided right now. There are plenty of people who would support a Western invasion.

#41 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Israel has been wanting to attack Iran for a while now....... Of course Israel wants more support......

You sound American, that being said, I don't think much American's post on our forums. Love how your thinking is so underrating an nations army. Iran, is not power house, that being said, it's not like they can't protect themselves. They are one of only few muslim countries, that can literally equip their own army with weapons made in their own country. They can make their own tanks, and own rifles, and no, please dont think their army is equipped with ak47's. Their army is equped with kh2002's. Iran will not be wiped off the floor. Lets put it this way, they are like the modern day Vietnam. Suicidal, if you decide to invade by land forces. It will be a slaugher house for any countries deciding to invade by land. 1/10th of the population in Iran is a Miltia. So it will be a mess, mark my words, and they won't defeat Iran. Trust me. It won't happen. They can bomb their way into Iran, but really, it wont do much. That country is too united, Iran also has the support of Russia. Yes, one of their commanders already said they will support Iran.

Not American at all. Just pointing out the obvious. The Iranian army is horribly underequipped to fight a modern war. It would be difficult to hold Iran, as there are just so many people there. However, taking out their military would be a joke. Any local power including Turkey, Israel, or Saudi Arabia would be able to establish total air superiority. Once you have that you can take out the armour and ground equipment, which is also outdated.

It doesn't matter how many soldiers they have, if you can't establish air superiority you are sunk. I'm sure they could set up solid resistance with paramilitaries in the moutainous regions of Iran, but that's not really the issue at hand.

And no Israel doesn't want this to happen. Regardless of how much support they have, Iran will use the opportunity to pummel Israel with missiles. It would cause ridiculous amounts of damage to Israel.

#42 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,855 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Just propping up sagging crude prices. "Tension" in Gulf = speculative supply issues = price increase.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

Do we really need this exact same thread every two days? You guys have been saying an attack on Iran is imminent for years now.

you do not need conventional weapons to launch an attack in the 21st century

Flame cyber virus linked to more malware

Save this story to read later
  • September 18 2012

THE Flame virus believed to be part of a cyberwarfare effort against Iran was developed as early as 2006 and is linked to at least three other malware programs, a new analysis says.
The report suggests the effort to develop Flame, widely reported to be part of a US-Israeli effort to slow Iran's suspected nuclear weapons drive, has been going on longer than initially believed and has more components, including some not yet fully understood.
The report on Monday by the Russian security firm, Kaspersky Lab, with US-based Symantec, Germany's computer emergency response team and the International Telecommunication Union's cybersecurity arm showed that development of the Flame platform dates back to 2006.
An earlier analysis by Kaspersky had reported the code for Flame, which is likely related to Stuxnet and other viruses, was written in 2009.
Kaspersky said the latest analysis shows "at least three other Flame-related malicious programs were created" but added that "their nature is currently unknown".
It added: "One of these Flame-related unknown malicious objects is currently operating in the wild."
A Kaspersky statement said development of Flame's Command and Control platform started "as early as December 2006" and was "disguised" to hide its true purpose.
A security blog post by Symantec said Flame was designed in a way to delete any effort to find its source.
"The systems were configured to disable any unnecessary logging events, and entries in the database were deleted at regular intervals," the posting said.
"Existing log files were securely deleted from the server on a regular basis. These steps were taken in order to hamper any investigation should the server be acquired by third parties."
Flame previously has been linked to Stuxnet, which was designed to attack computer control systems made by German industrial giant Siemens and commonly used to manage water supplies, oil rigs, power plants and other critical infrastructure.
Most Stuxnet infections have been discovered in Iran, giving rise to speculation it was intended to sabotage nuclear facilities there. The worm was crafted to recognise the system it was to attack.
Some reports say US and Israeli intelligence services collaborated to develop the computer worm to sabotage Iran's efforts to make a nuclear bomb

I think it's rad when balls beats natural talent

Shaun Palmer

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#44 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Welll except for those millions upon millions of people who no longer support the government of Iran. Iranian society is very divided right now. There are plenty of people who would support a Western invasion.

The people will defend their country, divided or not. How do you think Iran survived the Iraq war with their military in chaos, right after the revolution? People in Iran don't support a "Western invasion" but most would rather see a change in regime or a revolution. Only Iranians who might support a Western invasion are the ones outside of Iran.

Posted Image

#45 Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

What classifies as an armada? Like 100 carriers?

Posted Image

Like that?

Edited by Peevish, 17 September 2012 - 07:55 PM.

Posted Image

#46 Totes McGoats

Totes McGoats

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

I love reading threads like this, where a bunch of know-it-all high school students who weren't even around during the first Gulf war make comments about a bunch of things they don't know a damn thing about.

#47 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,039 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

The people will defend their country, divided or not. How do you think Iran survived the Iraq war with their military in chaos, right after the revolution? People in Iran don't support a "Western invasion" but most would rather see a change in regime or a revolution. Only Iranians who might support a Western invasion are the ones outside of Iran.

He thinks the basic Iranan infantry is eqiupped with AK 47's , wearing sandals, wears turbins, and eqiupped with a few rounds of ammunition. The odd one with rpg's, and have motars. He thinks their air force is non existent, and he thinks they have no armored vehicals. Iran is a country at the moment that produces their own weapons. And no, they are not ak47's.

The standard Iranian infantry use to have g3a3's. I do believe they still have them, however Iran produces their own rifle now, which is the

http://www.militaryp...al-thread/page2

I'm not sure were he gets the idea, Iran will be a walk in the park. United States of America with all their air power, coudln't defeat North Korea, couldn't Defeat Vietnam, couldn't defeat Afghanistan, will not defeat Iran.

Active personnel 545,000 (ranked 8th) Reserve personnel
1,800,000 (ranked 6th)

Personally I consider the reserve part of the army, as everyone of them will be recalled if indeed the United States is stupid enough to attack Iran. Iranians reserve army is also has "professional training" kinda like the Canadian army.

They also have the

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basij

Basij, which is their miltia force. I'm not sure why you guys are underestimating Iran. Iran will be Vietnam 2.0. So in total you fight Iran? They will be fighting againt 9 million fully armed people with around 2 million fully armed for war.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.