Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else think the prospects ranking system sucks?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Yakupov only gets 2 overall better for me each year.. even when I put the stars to green and even if I edit him to like 72 he's only 78 after 3 years...

Cory Schneider stops growing at 27... so I gave him 5 star potential and edited him a bit and he went down 2 overall after one season then got white stars :/

Some prospects like Morgan Rielly and Gaunce get super good and the rest suck. Kesler went down 2 overall after one season too wtf he's 28 not 34.

I don't understand?

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#2 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

I had Sven Baertschi end up at 84 overall after 1 season.
It's very unpredictable.

Jagermeister.jpg

#3 Versace

Versace

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

Yea it is pretty messed up. It depends on how you develop them but theyre prime should be like 24-28 and they should start to decline at age 34. They shouldn't just shoot up they should go up gradually like 5 overall a year for guys like Yakupov and they should have real life prospect ratings like Gaunce being that good? Hell nah. Make him 4 stars and max out at 86.

#4 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Gaunce got to 85 for me in 3 years, he went from 56 to 73 to 85 from playing in the juniors to my third line. Now he resides on my second line but he's listed as a first liner. it's so unpredictable. Cory Schneider just stops growing at 84 for me.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#5 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Hodgson and Ennis went up 3 overall over 3 years or something for me. And Martin went up 7 in that time. So you never know.

#6 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I believe it is how you play them. If you play a player on the first line, and the produce a lot of points, they will increase, depending on their potential. However, if they have a poor season, they can drop. Or, if you were to put Kesler on the 4th line, of course he would drop because he would not be getting the ice time nor points which he should be getting to max his potential. I think that is how the system works.
Posted Image
Credit: -Vintage Canuck-

#7 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

I believe it is how you play them. If you play a player on the first line, and the produce a lot of points, they will increase, depending on their potential. However, if they have a poor season, they can drop. Or, if you were to put Kesler on the 4th line, of course he would drop because he would not be getting the ice time nor points which he should be getting to max his potential. I think that is how the system works.

This
Throw your stars onto the power play, penalty kill, or whatever else would be a spot for them. Give them second/third line minutes and they will put up points and thus the overalls will go up.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#8 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

The new system is far superior to the old system, IMO. The days where high potential players are guaranteed superstars are finally over.

#9 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

It's annoying though, played Yak on first line everything, only grew to 68 and other guys who played on the freakin second line did better
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#10 MashedBananas

MashedBananas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Gustav Nyquist shot up to an 89 on mine, and I got him for a bag of pucks, and Hamhuis shot up to a 90, and won the Norris twice. But Bieksa and Burrows both significantly dropped.

Edited by The Nuckian One., 20 November 2012 - 10:54 AM.

Posted Image

Sig Credit goes to Henrik Sedin

#11 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

After 4 seasons in my Be a Pro file, former 1st Overall pick Nathan Mackinnon (who I edited to 70 OVR and 4.5 star potential) was only 72 overall. I really don't get it.

Jagermeister.jpg

#12 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

After 4 seasons in my Be a Pro file, former 1st Overall pick Nathan Mackinnon (who I edited to 70 OVR and 4.5 star potential) was only 72 overall. I really don't get it.

Potential range for a 4.5-star player is 75-99 overall at ages 25-35 depending on relative performance and "die rolls."

#13 Franksedin

Franksedin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

I like the system. Not everyone reaches their potential. I was watching the 07 world junior replay yesterday and not all those guys, who are usually considered top prospects, have made it to the NHL or have been top players. You win some and you lose some...drafting and young players are always a gamble.

#14 chayne

chayne

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

I think the system is far better. I think what needs to be remembered is the rating system is different. For example Schroeder is not going to be a 2nd or 1st line guy in real life. He is 3rd line at best and in this system that can be anywhere from 76 to 80. He is a great fit.
I agree that some of the prospects need adjustments but overall the fact that some don't live up to expectation is great. Look at some of this 1st rnd draft picks that Vancouver has traded. Patrick White, Steve Bernier, Howden never mind the countless other drafts pick who haven't panned out. Where's Andrew Sarauer, Alexandre Vincent, Sergei Shirokov, Patrick McNally and the countless other fails or no names?
To get a superstar is hard,takes some great development and a lot of luck. I personally like the idea that a prospect is a huge chance in the game but a lot of 3rd and 4th liners may appear for a year or two then bow out.

So I guess it's not perfect but getting better!

#15 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

For example Schroeder is not going to be a 2nd or 1st line guy in real life. He is 3rd line at best and in this system that can be anywhere from 76 to 80. He is a great fit.

I got him to 84 :bigblush:

Anyways, they're all different. Like I said before, Ennis and Hodgson went from 77 and 78 respectively to 80 in three years. Then they started to go up a bit more, and in the end Ennis stopped at 86 and Hodgson at 83. Matt Martin went from 71 to 78 in my first year. Mark Pysyk went up steadily in the minors, then when he was 80 overall, I used him in my lineup, and he shot up to 87. So some players pan out better than others. I've noticed in multiple leagues that Bartschi and Nyquist seem to grow the best.

#16 chayne

chayne

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

I got him to 84 :bigblush:

Anything special you did? Also what did you get Jensen to?

#17 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

He's Buffalo

#18 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Like noob said, I'm buffalo in the sim league, but when I acquired Schroeder, I put him on the third line, then the second the next year. Now he's 84 overall and apperently better than Cody Hodgson

Edited by mrsasaki, 16 December 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#19 MarchandSucks

MarchandSucks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Granlund went from 67 to 90 for me in 2 years. Seth Jones went 67 to 88. Its all about where you play them. Play the prospects on the top lines and they'll significantly grow. Some guys just turn out to be busts. I had Grigorenko and he only ended up as a 80 after 5 years.
Tampa Bay Lightning GM Mode 2015-2016
Toews 90 Stamkos 92 Kucherov 88
Mantha 83 Henrik 90 Lecavalier 85
Glencross 80 Thompson 74 Ranford 76
Richard 64 Lindholm 61 Connolly 74
Barberio 85 Jones 84
Morrow 75 Spurgeon 85
Methot 78 Streit 84
MIller 86
Hellberg 70

#20 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Granlund went from 67 to 90 for me in 2 years. Seth Jones went 67 to 88. Its all about where you play them. Play the prospects on the top lines and they'll significantly grow. Some guys just turn out to be busts. I had Grigorenko and he only ended up as a 80 after 5 years.

Eh, not really. Just for the sake of science, I did three BAGMs w/ Columbus. One with Ryan Murray on the top pair, one with Ryan Murray as a healthy scratch, and one with Ryan Murray in the CHL. They all turned out within 2 OVR of each other and the one where he was a healthy scratch and only played 20-odd games on the 3rd pairing was the one where he progressed the most.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.