The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Eager facing assault charges after Toronto bar fight

vancanfan

What specifically was wrong with what I said? Don't act like Romney and just dance around not getting into specifics. Here's why you're wrong on calling me out: I had not paid any attention to the Kassian BS before hand. However, as I had mentioned there were three articles I read after you responded, including the Sun, that mentioned absolutely nothing like how he described the Kassian situation. Now, either, these three articles are wrong and CDC is getting their information from some other legitimate source or you're all speaking out of your ass. Word of mouth. Some keyboard warrior described it this way therefore that's how it must have happened! Get real, lol. And here comes the bias part: Why is it okay for Kassian to get involved in this but then Eager does it and he's made out to be a bigger prick than he already is? Is it because Kassian is just a 'kid' who was 'provoked' despite absolutely no evidence suggesting that? Is it because Kassian is also a Canuck? Is it because everyone hates Eager from his Chicago days and for what he did to Daniel in the playoffs? I'm willing to bet it's to do with all three.

Sure; we should invite Kane to town for a drink with S.O.B. at the Roxy...

so true. Just like the story about Kane having a few drinks and enjoying life, if Canuck did that it would be fine but because it wasn't everyone here thought he had to grow up and be more mature.... :/

I'm a member of CDC, and I would easily assume bias. Sorry, but the bulk of the userbase here is all too emblematic of the type who rioted in 2011. There are some very intelligent. reasonable, and well-spoken folks here, and that's why I keep coming back. But they are in the minority. Pile-ons happen everywhere on the Internet - they just seem to happen a little quicker around here.

That being said, I am absolutely loathe to be defending a hockey player like Ben Eager. But the original article and video reeked of spin, so I'd rather reserve my judgement of the situation until more facts emerge. For perspective - imagine yourself as a Minnesota Wild fan, making assertions about the character of Rick Rypien after the fan incident. Now imagine how you feel the following summer.

• 2 months later...

Archived