The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3

DollarAndADream

Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does everyone know of the new restrictions on the UNRESTRICTED Free Agents

This rule applies to any player only on the first day of UFA signings that is either over 82 overall OR 4 stars yellow and higher.

1.) Players who meet the above criteria that are signed to one-year deals, cannot be traded at any point during their season, they must also be forced to test free agency again the next summer.

2.) Players who are signed for multi-year deals will become the property of the team and full rights to the individual team are given.

This rule will then allow players to get fair market value the next summer if offered a one year deal, and teams cannot acquire a player for the purpose of trading for other valueable assets or to re-sign a player for a significant discount the following year, just because in one season they have the capspace.

We feel this rule will make the UFA signing periods more equal, fair and most importantly realistic.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to voice your concerns in a professional manner.

Sincerely,

The BoG

There is a new announcement. Dallas made a trade sending Juusi Ikonen to the Rangers, the trade never went through as EA booted it.

Dallas then did not sign Ikonen for the Rangers. He didn't even qualify him. With other players like Spezza and other Dallas Stars its seems like Dallas has become dormant.

Whomever signs Juuso Ikonen must trade him back to the New York Rangers with a 7th rounder for a 7th rounder.

Please don't bid on him.

It's kind of a bogus rule, since the advantage of having more cap than another team is to be able to get a player the other can't, but then you have to give him up if it's a one year deal? I'm indifferent towards it, but I see the pros and cons.

Im not sure, did we?

The not being able to offer 4 star and higher players or over 82 overall 1 year deals fixed that Edmonton fiasco too.

What did we decide about 2-way contracts. I'm sure someone already offered a 2-way player a 1-way deal.

I would think if we all offered the 2-way player a 2-way contract, it would be interesting to see how the player picks what team

Well if a player is initially asking for a 2 way deal you can't give him more money than .925M. If you change the deal to a 1 way you can give him as much as you want. I think if every team can only offer say .925M for 3 yrs to a UFA prospect for example then we'll get to see the prospect pick the best fit since everyone's offering the same thing.

The reason this is better than your rule is because someone can offer a 4 star prospect 2 years at say 5M and won't have to give him up.

Yea exactly I just don't know if we made that rule. It does make sense, but with people already bidding I'm sure someone already offered a one way deal. We will consider it for next year, but its probably too late for this season.

We all did discuss it but I don't think it was given enough thought. I don't know if we should make it two way has to be two way, but maybe we could put a cap for two way players of 2 million on a one way, so that some strategy is still involved.

I'm just throwing out an idea.

Archived