The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Putting a price tag on war with Iran

key2thecup

It will cost many American lives.  It will be the new Vietnam.  USA will not win.  USA can cripple their air force and thats about it.  Vietnam had no air force and even USA coudln't defeat them.  I don't think Iran will be defeated.  Their army is around half a million, but their reserves is at 2 million.  On top of that, one of every 6 people in Iran is a Paramilatery.  So lets say they are like the "rebels" in Syria.  So there is 10 million rebel fights in Syria defending their country, along side 2.5 million trained soldiers.  U.S army with it's reserves is only a little over 3 million.  Also we don't know if Russia will help.  I the U.S decieds to invade Iran, it would be the biggest milatery mistake in American history.

America would need to sustain another 9/11 in order to justify a full-out invasion. Not sure what would be targeted though. The WTC was perfect last time. Maybe the white house and the pentagon again? Or maybe a suitcase dirty nuke in a major US city? That would give the US a go-ahead for anything they'd want to do in the mid-east.

I'd prefer a diplomatic resolution myself. The 'swatting the hornets nest' approach hasn't led to much success so far.

All might be moot for now as the Republicans failed to secure the election.

America would need to sustain another 9/11 in order to justify a full-out invasion. Not sure what would be targeted though. The WTC was perfect last time. Maybe the white house and the pentagon again? Or maybe a suitcase dirty nuke in a major US city? That would give the US a go-ahead for anything they'd want to do in the mid-east.

I'd prefer a diplomatic resolution myself. The 'swatting the hornets nest' approach hasn't led to much success so far.

All might be moot for now as the Republicans failed to secure the election.

Archived