The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

27 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Jägermeister

Then perhaps gun control debate should have it's own ongoing thread. It shouldn't be tainting threads like this one.

And after all the gun control debates there have been on this board, it's still the same people having the same debate. You're preaching to the same choir, Rupert. Should there be debate? Debate away.....but perhaps it should be in it's own thread. Count back and see just how many of the last posts have even mentioned the thread topic. Not many, right?

I don't what it is in the U.S but lack of gun control isn't the problem, in Israel and Switzerland for example a license to get a gun is available to every single law abiding citizen and are easy to get in both countries, and they both allow concealed weapon carry. Yet their murder rates are much lower than the US despite home gun owner rates being just as high as in the U.S.

My god. Just hearing about this.

My heart bleeds for these children and their families.

America needs to look within and see the trouble of it's people. Corporate agendas should be on the backburner and health, safety and welfare of Her people should come first.

I'm not a religious man in the least but my prayers will be with the victims of this terrible tragedy.

I know that one cannot get into the mind of someone like this, but why the H-E-double hockey stick does someone feel the need to take other's lives before taking their own? I'm sure the self-inflicted wound is pre-meditated, too, so why do you need to destroy so many lives prior? So horrible.

The article I've linked to says that his mom had retired from teaching in order to care for him. Just a horrible situation.

One of the quotes from the article

Heartbreaking....everyone hug your children extra tight tonight and tell them you love them.

I actually cried a bit in the shower this morning just wondering what it must've been like to be one of those parents who received no news about their kid even after all of the unharmed ones were allowed to be found by their parents in the firehall...

So sad.

Archived