The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

27 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Jägermeister

Then perhaps gun control debate should have it's own ongoing thread. It shouldn't be tainting threads like this one.

And after all the gun control debates there have been on this board, it's still the same people having the same debate. You're preaching to the same choir, Rupert. Should there be debate? Debate away.....but perhaps it should be in it's own thread. Count back and see just how many of the last posts have even mentioned the thread topic. Not many, right?

My New York nieces and nephews got calls today and my nieces here in town got a surprise visit with lots of extra I love you's and special hugs flying everywhere. My eldest niece is in kindergarten and I cannot even fathom sending her off to school this morning and getting a phone call half an hour later that there'd been something like this happen at her school. The terror of not knowing, the possibility that she might not ever come home.....the feeling is indescribable and makes me feel sick to my stomach. I can't even grasp what those families in Newtown must be feeling tonight.

I think what I find most alarming about this is for me is that I feel absolutely no sadness or sympathy for the families or kids. It`s terrible it happened to them, I wish it never would have happened, but I literally feel​ nothing. I never do anymore. I am completely devoid of empathy. I read people posts about being in tears and could never imagine actually being sad enough about anything like this to actually personally care.

I have no idea what`s wrong with me. I am disgust with my self.

I think what I find most alarming about this is for me is that I feel absolutely no sadness or sympathy for the families or kids. It`s terrible it happened to them, I wish it never would have happened, but I literally feel​ nothing. I never do anymore. I am completely devoid of empathy. I read people posts about being in tears and could never imagine actually being sad enough about anything like this to actually personally care.

We are all susceptible to violence, no matter our profession .. but as children, we need to feel secure in order to thrive .. right now our Society seems much more focused on "what is good for ME" versus "what is good for us" .. we are nearing the bottom of a 30 year spiral of 'greed over need' .. there are so many variables at play but this single event may trigger an upsurge of "caring" ..

Words like this are often treated with contempt by those who lack empathy or an open mind .. sadly, they may never know what it feels like to truly 'love' someone else more than they 'love' themselves ..

Archived