The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 reported dead in California high school shooting

-Vintage Canuck-

Ok, I'm convinced. Ban guns. I don't own one. only criminals and police should have them. seems to be only people who have them here in Canada. Crazy people here just saw your head off on a bus or slice you up with a knife stuff you in a bag. Keeps the death count down with only knives and machetes.

Yes. Would you like to dispute the fact that guns provide opportunity for more casualties?

No, criminals and police are not the only people. I have a number of friends who have their firearm licenses, and I'm considering getting it myself. In Canada, unlike the US, even handguns are kept under lock, separate from ammo, and can only be transported in the trunk and only to a gun range. That's a far cry from America where all sorts of guns can be kept loaded in every room of the house, with a number of states where people go to the grocery store with guns.

There are some 200,000 guns that are stolen in the US every year, by the way. Do you think criminals go to Criminals 'R Us to get their illegal guns?

And finally, you miss the whole bloody point. "Guns" are not bad. They are a tool meant for a specific purpose. However, it is a tool with a single purpose (unlike hammers and knives, a popular diversion) which when used properly kills people. Such a tool should be available only to those qualified to use it, with all the training and psychological screening as necessary. Failing that, you are leavings guns to the discretion of incompetent owners (like the mother), who even when in the know of mental conditions, fail to take necessary steps to prevent their guns from falling into wrong hands.

I know you're just going to patronize me with more "guns are bad, I'm convinced" posts, so long as you don't have to do any actual thinking to reflect the actual facts you picked up today. At least you can say, "Today I learned!"

Ok, I'm convinced. Ban guns. I don't own one. only criminals and police should have them. seems to be only people who have them here in Canada. Crazy people here just saw your head off on a bus or slice you up with a knife stuff you in a bag. Keeps the death count down with only knives and machetes.

Yes. Would you like to dispute the fact that guns provide opportunity for more casualties?

No, criminals and police are not the only people. I have a number of friends who have their firearm licenses, and I'm considering getting it myself. In Canada, unlike the US, even handguns are kept under lock, separate from ammo, and can only be transported in the trunk and only to a gun range. That's a far cry from America where all sorts of guns can be kept loaded in every room of the house, with a number of states where people go to the grocery store with guns.

There are some 200,000 guns that are stolen in the US every year, by the way. Do you think criminals go to Criminals 'R Us to get their illegal guns?

And finally, you miss the whole bloody point. "Guns" are not bad. They are a tool meant for a specific purpose. However, it is a tool with a single purpose (unlike hammers and knives, a popular diversion) which when used properly kills people. Such a tool should be available only to those qualified to use it, with all the training and psychological screening as necessary. Failing that, you are leavings guns to the discretion of incompetent owners (like the mother), who even when in the know of mental conditions, fail to take necessary steps to prevent their guns from falling into wrong hands.

I know you're just going to patronize me with more "guns are bad, I'm convinced" posts, so long as you don't have to do any actual thinking to reflect the actual facts you picked up today. At least you can say, "Today I learned!"

The point of your post was that because Wetcoaster posts what he posts, that excuses Dittohead's patronizing. My post was to point out that I am not Wetcoaster. My post has everything to do with your point.

As for condescension, two points: 1. It's rich coming from you. 2. Neither of you actually tried to address my argument. If it's not helped by condescension, it should be all the easier.

The point of your post was that because Wetcoaster posts what he posts, that excuses Dittohead's patronizing. My post was to point out that I am not Wetcoaster. My post has everything to do with your point.

As for condescension, two points: 1. It's rich coming from you. 2. Neither of you actually tried to address my argument. If it's not helped by condescension, it should be all the easier.

Archived