Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#91 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

unreal, vancouver fans will complain about anything.

He is not a fan.. He is a troll....
Posted Image

#92 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

It would only be uncalled for if he beat up a classy player imo.

You just changed my mind on the entire subject. Eager actually deserved it, and had Eager won and the game was in EDM, he probably would've gone wild

Edited by Seth Jones, 20 January 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#93 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

I cringed a tiny bit before smiling. Starting to see why MG traded for him though...speed, size, skill, fight celebrations..

Eager was pissing me off all game.

Kassian seems to have a screw loose on the ice which is great...the fact that he can turn it off as well is even better (the interview).

It's gonna take more than that to win me over fully from the Cody camp, even with Cody's terrible defensive play that doesn't seem to change, but I'm on my way.

Edited by Navyblue, 20 January 2013 - 11:39 PM.

Posted Image

#94 Chuck in the Truck

Chuck in the Truck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Team is to soft ,so what if he shouts lets go to the crowd .I was there was quiet building so good for him and looked good on eager.

#95 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,875 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Did Eager play again after that fight?

I would say Kassian pretty much neutralized his role. Which is what we're going to need more of in the playoffs.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#96 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I would say Kassian pretty much neutralized his role. Which is what we're going to need more of in the playoffs.

I think Kassian also neutralized his head.
Posted Image

#97 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Looked to me like he didn't win anything, Eager got the take down and Kassian celebrates......me no understand? :blink:

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#98 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yes actually, because I can afford tickets.

u seem to be the one who is arrogant.... we have enough fans, dont need any yankee ones.

#99 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Pretty sure Eager didn't return to the bench.
Posted Image

#100 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,875 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Looked to me like he didn't win anything, Eager got the take down and Kassian celebrates......me no understand? :blink:

I guess you didn't see the blood trickling down his face, and the fact that he had to go to the dressing room.

Takedowns are a small part of a fight. Kassian connected with the biggest hit and did the most damage, therefore he won.

Oh, and even with the takedown, Kassian was on top of him. So it was hardly a convincing takedown.

Edited by DeNiro, 20 January 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#101 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Eager left the game leaking blood everywhere. :blink:
Posted Image

#102 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

No way I liked it! we need that, this team has been labeled soft and weak for so long, Kassian comes in and hits like a truck and fights like a beast and I don't think we should tame that at all! as long as he doesn't do anything to get him in trouble like he has in the past. I love the Hodgson for Kassian trade, guys like this are so hard to get and teams that have them don't trade them, Kassian was a beast tonight and if he keeps this play up he's in for a great season.

#103 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Kassian is getting better at fighting. before he would just lower his head and swing widly, but tonight he stood there toe to toe with Eager and cut him open.

After Eager got caught with the cross, he stumbled alittle bit which caused Kassian to lose his balance, then Eager with his dirt tactics, rabbit punches and wrestles him to the ground.

Kassian 1 - Eager 0

B)

#104 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

i like it. kassian played like a beast. dont be a hater bro
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#105 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

I love it.

This team needs more attitude.

#106 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

So after his fight, anyone else notice his little victory celebration? I love Kassian and really thought he played well today, but anybody else think that antics like that are unnecessary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BUXekjZLXB0

Just wait until one of our Canucks is on the losing end and someone celebrates. I guarantee all of your jimmies will be rustled.

So should Kassian be less confident after he beat up Eager? I sometimes find it funny what some of these morons post on this forum. Total nonsense!

Posted Image

#107 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

So Eager westled Kassian after Kassian smoked him and cut open his face that he had to leave the game and didn't come back and Eager wins? maybe to Oiler fans since over the last few season to win for them was to lose, so in those terms then sure Eager won the fight ;)

#108 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

So should Kassian be less confident after he beat up Eager? I sometimes find it funny what some of these morons post on this forum. Total nonsense!

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

#109 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,423 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

And wait until they whine about someone being cocky towards us!

Not even sure how Kassian was being cocky honestly?

He was gesturing to the crowd to get us fired up & actually making some noise, it's not like he did the "lights out" thing Asham did or the hands around the waist for the belt that Tie Domi did along time ago.

His "antics" had nothing to do with arrogance or showing disrespect to eager or the Oilers for losing the fight, it was merely to get the crowd excited after being dead silent for plenty of minutes.

I have no problem with it.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 20 January 2013 - 11:51 PM.

zackass.png

#110 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Kassian is getting better at fighting. before he would just lower his head and swing widly, but tonight he stood there toe to toe with Eager and cut him open.

After Eager got caught with the cross, he stumbled alittle bit which caused Kassian to lose his balance, then Eager with his dirt tactics, rabbit punches and wrestles him to the ground.

Kassian 1 - Eager 0

B)

The only way Eager knows how to fight is either to hug someone or to hump someone. the dude can't even throw a clean punch if his life depended on it. He is just a big gorilla with a temper tantrum of a 5 year old kid. Sometimes I wonder how he can function normally in our society.

Posted Image

#111 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

u seem to be the one who is arrogant.... we have enough fans, dont need any yankee ones.

You've got a real classy Canadian attitude, eh?

#112 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I was at the game and the fight got the crowd going... It was dead at the time and we needed something to get our boys back into playing hockey to get a goal.

Just sucks that right when Kassian stepped into the box, everyone suddenly became quiet and nobody was cheering again.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#113 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Not even sure how Kassian was being cocky honestly?

He was gesturing to the crowd to get us fired up & actually making some noise, it's not like he did the "lights out" thing Asham did or the hands around the waist for the belt that Tie Domi did along time ago.

His "antics" had nothing to do with arrogance or showing disrespect to eager or the Oilers for losing the fight, it was merely to get the crowd excited after being dead silent for plenty of minutes.

I have no problem with it.

He wasn't. I just thought that a celebration like thatdcould cause trouble. People here take things and develop a pure mob mentality.

#114 NZCanuck

NZCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I actually thought Kassian couldn't have played that better. Very rarely is a fight justified with 5 1/2 minutes to go in a tied game by someone playing on the first line. He saw the team needed a lift, took on a true fighter, sent him to the changing room and got both the crowd and the team into the game (The Nucks seemed to get a second wind after the fight).

He is going to have up & down games but if he can get the consistency going, even at a slightly lower level than tonight, than he is exactly what this team has needed for a long time.

#115 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

I could also use emoticons too. :picard:

Stop posting nonsense threads. Kassian beat the crap out of Eager and tried to cheer the crowd like Hordichuk used to do. The stupidity in creating a thread and giving it a title like "Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?" is what makes me question your IQ. The team has lost two games yet people try to find negatives even in some positive aspects of the game.

Posted Image

#116 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,204 posts

The only way Eager knows how to fight is either to hug someone or to hump someone. the dude can't even throw a clean punch if his life depended on it. He is just a big gorilla with a temper tantrum of a 5 year old kid. Sometimes I wonder how he can function normally in our society.

He's what i would call an "aggressive hugger". He would grab on to you, shake you wildy while throwing small rabbit punches lol.

#117 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Shades of WWE superstar Mick Foley. Just needed to raise the invisible mr. socko as he headed to the box! :towel:
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#118 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

I could also use emoticons too. :picard:

Stop posting nonsense threads. Kassian beat the crap out of Eager and tried to cheer the crowd like Hordichuk used to do. The stupidity in creating a thread and giving it a title like "Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?" is what makes me question your IQ. The team has lost two games yet people try to find negatives even in some positive aspects of the game.

Posted Image

#119 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Great game for him and a good fight but if I'm an NHL enforcer out there I'm making a mental note to wipe that smile off his face. Too cocky just yet; maybe after he beats a few more tough guys can he gloat. And of course it goes without saying that if it was Eager doing this after cutting Kassian while winning a fight he would be considered the biggest d bag in the history of hockey here at hypocrite central. After all Eager checked a Sedin!!

#120 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

He wasn't. I just thought that a celebration like thatdcould cause trouble. People here take things and develop a pure mob mentality.

Some of you people are so overly sensitive and dramatic with your reactions to these harmless celebrations. Its called emotion and its part of being a human. If you want to see non-emotional beings play hockey, then maybe you should go back to playing NHL 13 on your PS3. People here tell it like it is, if you don't like the responses then don't come up with stupid threads.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.