The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Any good MMOs scheduled?

:D

I know this is going to sound bad but it seems like most games just try to mimic wow. I haven't played in a few years but have been getting that itch lately.. Im thinking about getting back in to it, any if you guys still play wow? Is it finally dieing out? Isn't there another expansion coming out?

I know this is going to sound bad but it seems like most games just try to mimic wow. I haven't played in a few years but have been getting that itch lately.. Im thinking about getting back in to it, any if you guys still play wow? Is it finally dieing out? Isn't there another expansion coming out?

I've played WoW on and off since Pandaria came out. It's still a great game, there's no doubt about that. The devs listen to their customers, PvE content is pretty good from what I hear. However, next expansion looks like it might be the best one in a long time. They are doing a stat squish, so that health pools, damage, and healing is all smaller (from what I hear closer to BC/Wrath numbers), the expansion is focused on an old BC era, and the devs are doing more talk around PvP than I have ever seen before. I'm very excited....I would definitely recommend it.

As with all games there are classes that have their "flavour of the month" OPness to them, but with recent developments to things like LFR (looking for raid) which makes it easy for casual players to gain access to raiding content and being able to do cross realm/no team arenas (you just have to be in a party with 2, 3, or 5 players depending on which arena you want to do...) they've made things very accessible. It still has it's hard parts like Heroic fights (my brother had 375 attempts on heroic 25m Lei Shen) and higher rating in Arena is always hard to attain.

Feel free to PM me with any questions as this is just a general overview since I don't really know what type of player you are/things you're interested in. I can definitely elaborate more.

Also, new character models coming out either 5.4 or 6.0.

Yea me and my buddy been thinking about getting back into WoW. I heard the next x-pac will let you start at lvl 90... I just want to reroll a toon with full BoA via bg's, that's so fun wrecking peeps just like back in the lvl 49 twink days. Last I played was a warrior in Cata and actually tanked the LFR raids which was kinda wierd seeing 24 people waiting on you to attack something lol.

I've played WoW on and off since Pandaria came out. It's still a great game, there's no doubt about that. The devs listen to their customers, PvE content is pretty good from what I hear. However, next expansion looks like it might be the best one in a long time. They are doing a stat squish, so that health pools, damage, and healing is all smaller (from what I hear closer to BC/Wrath numbers), the expansion is focused on an old BC era, and the devs are doing more talk around PvP than I have ever seen before. I'm very excited....I would definitely recommend it.

As with all games there are classes that have their "flavour of the month" OPness to them, but with recent developments to things like LFR (looking for raid) which makes it easy for casual players to gain access to raiding content and being able to do cross realm/no team arenas (you just have to be in a party with 2, 3, or 5 players depending on which arena you want to do...) they've made things very accessible. It still has it's hard parts like Heroic fights (my brother had 375 attempts on heroic 25m Lei Shen) and higher rating in Arena is always hard to attain.

Feel free to PM me with any questions as this is just a general overview since I don't really know what type of player you are/things you're interested in. I can definitely elaborate more.

Also, new character models coming out either 5.4 or 6.0.

I'm thinking ill probably get back in to WoW. Not gonna lie though, I had a tendencacy to let it consumer too much of my time, there was just too much to do and I had multiple characters. My main focus though is pvp, rated battlegrounds and arena mostly. It's good to hear that youre saying there will be improvements. It was always annoying having a FOTM class but I guess that's just the way it is. I had a shadow priest, rogue and warrior, not sure which one I'd start playing..

Whats the official release date for the next expansion do you know? I may have to preorder it to boost one of my lowbies to 90.. Do you know if I can boost like a level 7 character to level 90? That would be crazy..

I'm thinking ill probably get back in to WoW. Not gonna lie though, I had a tendencacy to let it consumer too much of my time, there was just too much to do and I had multiple characters. My main focus though is pvp, rated battlegrounds and arena mostly. It's good to hear that youre saying there will be improvements. It was always annoying having a FOTM class but I guess that's just the way it is. I had a shadow priest, rogue and warrior, not sure which one I'd start playing..

Whats the official release date for the next expansion do you know? I may have to preorder it to boost one of my lowbies to 90.. Do you know if I can boost like a level 7 character to level 90? That would be crazy..

I've seen more posts in the Arena forums by devs than ever before, it looks like they are sincerely taking a good look at PvP.

Rogues and Warriors are both really good right now. Rsham KFC for wars and RMP/D for rogues are both godly comps. I pretty much strictly Arena - at least that's my focus, so yeah. Currently around 2k in 3's (Which is 50 points shy of Duelist which is top 3% in arenas.).

I have no idea when the official release date for WoD is, but from what I hear is that if you pre-order it they'll just give you a free 90...no levelling involved to get there and you don't have to have it created beforehand afaik.

I've seen more posts in the Arena forums by devs than ever before, it looks like they are sincerely taking a good look at PvP.

Rogues and Warriors are both really good right now. Rsham KFC for wars and RMP/D for rogues are both godly comps. I pretty much strictly Arena - at least that's my focus, so yeah. Currently around 2k in 3's (Which is 50 points shy of Duelist which is top 3% in arenas.).

I have no idea when the official release date for WoD is, but from what I hear is that if you pre-order it they'll just give you a free 90...no levelling involved to get there and you don't have to have it created beforehand afaik.

2k damn... that last 50 points will be a battle cause there will be other dudes battling for it too, lol. I've been playing since beta, the only Xpansion i didnt play was WOTLK.. I may as well preorder but I don't know which class I'll want. It's cool theyre going to (hopefully) fix the character animations finally though. I play ally on Tichondrius, it's been a while so I hope that it's still a populated server, always wanted to try out Horde though especially since it seems they have the overall better PvPers, maybe that's changed though.

2k damn... that last 50 points will be a battle cause there will be other dudes battling for it too, lol. I've been playing since beta, the only Xpansion i didnt play was WOTLK.. I may as well preorder but I don't know which class I'll want. It's cool theyre going to (hopefully) fix the character animations finally though. I play ally on Tichondrius, it's been a while so I hope that it's still a populated server, always wanted to try out Horde though especially since it seems they have the overall better PvPers, maybe that's changed though.

For Ally right now the PvP go to realms are Kel'Thuzad, Sargeras, and Darkspear (Would recommend KT out of those three though, overall good community and good players - that's where my Ally's are. Don't do Darkspear, bunch of Swifty fanboys there...). For Horde it's Tichondrius, Mal'Ganis, and Kil'Jaeden.....I don't play on any of those but from what I hear Mal'Ganis is pretty good. :)

Any questions, feel free to ask in here or send me a PM.

For Ally right now the PvP go to realms are Kel'Thuzad, Sargeras, and Darkspear (Would recommend KT out of those three though, overall good community and good players - that's where my Ally's are. Don't do Darkspear, bunch of Swifty fanboys there...). For Horde it's Tichondrius, Mal'Ganis, and Kil'Jaeden.....I don't play on any of those but from what I hear Mal'Ganis is pretty good. :)

Any questions, feel free to ask in here or send me a PM.

Hmmm I wonder what I should or what's the cheapest... Pay for server change for 3 of my 90's or faction change to horde on Tich.. I have like 4 under level 10 chars with full boa gear I don't want to lose that gear.. If I were to just send that gear in the mail back to one of my main guys I can bring it with me in the faction change right? I don't want to lose the gear incase I eventually want to level something else up.. Will I lose anything in a faction change??

Hmmm I wonder what I should or what's the cheapest... Pay for server change for 3 of my 90's or faction change to horde on Tich.. I have like 4 under level 10 chars with full boa gear I don't want to lose that gear.. If I were to just send that gear in the mail back to one of my main guys I can bring it with me in the faction change right? I don't want to lose the gear incase I eventually want to level something else up.. Will I lose anything in a faction change??

You can send your BOA gear to any toon on any server as of the latest patch, you just put "Name"-Server for example Sloanalo-Kel'Thuzad and I could be sending this from my toon Sloanful-Bonechewer (one's Horde and one's Ally).

Nice^^^, one of the last things I remembered doing was grabing all the BoA gear... Good to know I can mail it to any toon, be interesting to level a BoA monk thru bg's and 5mans and try out that class.

Monks are pretty good, but quite under-represented due to being "the new class"..... Windwalker's (punch monks) have quite an interesting play style....

As it stands:

Ranged Faceroll classes: Mage and Hunter. Ranged "Higher Skillcap" classes: Shadow Priest and Warlock.

Melee Faceroll classes: Warrior and somewhat Enhancement Shaman. Melee "Higher Skillcap" classes: Rogue and WW Monk.

And healers ranking (since I play pretty much only healers, hah) Resto Shaman> Resto Druid > Mistweaver Monk > Holy Paladin > both Priest healing specs.

You probably didn't need to know this, but oh well. :P

Monks are pretty good, but quite under-represented due to being "the new class"..... Windwalker's (punch monks) have quite an interesting play style....

As it stands:

Ranged Faceroll classes: Mage and Hunter. Ranged "Higher Skillcap" classes: Shadow Priest and Warlock.

Melee Faceroll classes: Warrior and somewhat Enhancement Shaman. Melee "Higher Skillcap" classes: Rogue and WW Monk.

And healers ranking (since I play pretty much only healers, hah) Resto Shaman> Resto Druid > Mistweaver Monk > Holy Paladin > both Priest healing specs.

You probably didn't need to know this, but oh well. :P

Sure... now enhance shammies get the love, where was that in TBC when i got stun locked by dual rogue teams haha. Literally couldn't do anything lol. Sucks disc priests aren't near the top anymore, I use to love getting 1000 hk's just healing myself(and sometimes others) in AV at the chokepoint.

Sure... now enhance shammies get the love, where was that in TBC when i got stun locked by dual rogue teams haha. Literally couldn't do anything lol. Sucks disc priests aren't near the top anymore, I use to love getting 1000 hk's just healing myself(and sometimes others) in AV at the chokepoint.

Well, disc and shadow were both really OP 2 patches ago (specifically Shadow though), Holy was the best healer last patch, this patch other healer's are just better options, but I've seen good players play all of those specs well. However, Holy is better than Disc atm.

And I'm not sure when the last time you've played was, but thankfully Rogues can't stunlock people forever due to CC's having diminishing returns now. Also, AV has a reinforcement limit on it too. :P

P.S. Enhancement 2h Shams with Sulfuras and Windfury totem say hello. :emot-parrot:

Well, disc and shadow were both really OP 2 patches ago (specifically Shadow though), Holy was the best healer last patch, this patch other healer's are just better options, but I've seen good players play all of those specs well. However, Holy is better than Disc atm.

And I'm not sure when the last time you've played was, but thankfully Rogues can't stunlock people forever due to CC's having diminishing returns now. Also, AV has a reinforcement limit on it too. :P

P.S. Enhancement 2h Shams with Sulfuras and Windfury totem say hello. :emot-parrot:

So Shadow priest and warriors (arms) are good still (in pvp)? I rememeber people saying Shadow was going to suck because we lost that ability to trade HP's with another player and also warriors were only good at tanking..

So Shadow priest and warriors (arms) are good still (in pvp)? I rememeber people saying Shadow was going to suck because we lost that ability to trade HP's with another player and also warriors were only good at tanking..

Shadow Priests are on the lower end of the spectrum, but Warriors are definitely not. I think right now for casters it's Frost Mage > Aff Lock > Ele Sham > Shadow Priest, so pretty low...

Shadow Priests are on the lower end of the spectrum, but Warriors are definitely not. I think right now for casters it's Frost Mage > Aff Lock > Ele Sham > Shadow Priest, so pretty low...

Oh well I'll just have to role with my warrior / rogue for a while then when I come back.. Any tips on NOT letting the game consume too much time? lol... I find it hard to play in moderation sometimes

Archived