The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider interview in the Province

Gonz

Ok.

Gillis: Luongo, you are going to be traded.

Luongo: Ok, will you explore other teams that I may go to?

Gillis: Yes, this is the nature of a trade.

Luongo: oh yeah.

or

Luongo: Mike, i dont want to be a back up to CS, I want to be traded

Gillis: I know we dont want you to, hes our new starter and theres not very many backup goalies with your pay scale.

Thank you.

It was also assumed that I didn't listen to the interview either..........which is incorrect. This is not the first, second or even third time I've listened to it. I have yet to hear any confirmation that Luo asked for a trade. O-P-T-I-O-N-S does not spell trade....no matter how many ways you attempt to rearrange the letters.........at least not in any dictionary I've consulted.

Fine, dont believe that he asked to be traded. It will still happen just the same. And then your world will fall down around you. If only we were having this discussion right after the playoffs ended when he had choked yet again, you`d be on different sides.

Fine, dont believe that he asked to be traded. It will still happen just the same. And then your world will fall down around you. If only we were having this discussion right after the playoffs ended when he had choked yet again, you`d be on different sides.

But I never said he didn't ask for a trade I said there is nothing that says he asked for a trade. You provided nothing and then got all pissy when we didn't make the same leap in reality. Your opinion is totally fine..just don't treat it like a fact until you can show that it is or at least make a good case man.

You seem mad. I believe you've gotten yourself all worked up. Keep calm rfus. Goosfraba. If you're so angry that you're going to cheer against Canucks players maybe the Canucks aren't your thing?

Im alittle annoyed, not sure why. I just dont see it as a leap with all the circumstances. I mean, common sense would say he asked for a trade, wouldnt it? can you atleast give me that?

Im not cheering against anyone, Im trying to make a case that he asked to be traded .

Common sense says there is no evidence to say that. It's fine to believe he did or assume he did though based on your interpretation of the evidence just don't pretend that your interpretation is a fact.

Stop spending so much time trying to be right.

Archived