The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Request to all media!

Rhinocook

As a hockey fan and a die hard Canucks fan I have one request of all media surrounding our Canucks.

PLEASE STOP ASKING THE GOALIES AND COACHES ABOUT THE GOALIE SITUATION!!!!!

None of you interviewers are going to come up with a new way of asking about the "coin toss" or what the goalies think the reasoning is behind the decision.

You are not going to finally get AV to show his hand and give you his true thoughts on the subject.

You are not going to gain any new insight into the situation.

Let it go! Please. We are so sick of hearing the same crappy questions that elicit the same non-committal responses from the players and coaches. Can't you tell by the look in the players and coaches faces that they think you are fools for even asking??? And we the public are really sick of it as well!

Chasing this "story" with no new events to report is really really poor journalism. It only serves to make you all look inept. At what point are you going to realize that no one is going to tell you anything new????

I would really rather here you ask players about the wins in a row, about injury recovery, about line changes, about the super skills comp, about upcoming games........ anything!!!!

Pick yourselves up out of the gutters and start asking something that will get us fans (who you are working to impress and entertain) something to talk about around the proverbial water cooler.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Figure it out!

Hey! Minnesota is coming to town. They made some major upgrades to their offense this off season. What do our defencemen feel they are going to be up against? How are they going to deal with it? See what I just did there? I DIDN'T ask about the goalies!!!! And I cook for a living!!!! Maybe I should change careers!

I'm not for the goalie questions but I'm also not into generic questions like this as they usually demand generic answers.

I would ask Hank if he's looking forward to becoming our frachises all time #1 scorer tonight after we spank the wild.

I'd also Ask him how he feels about accompanying that with a hatty ;)

next time av lou or cory is interviewed, they should have kb stand in the background waiting for the inevitible question. at that time he should call thier phone. when av, cory lou answer, make it look like the call is very important and walk out on the interview.

not just to be rude, to let them sit there and speculate if its a call about a trade.

If you really hate the media boycott it. If we all stopped buying the paper it would stop.

This will never happen though, its just like flipping over a dead crow to look at all the maggots, as gross and wrong as it is, it feeds our curiosity.

That's my point!!!! There are TONS of other things I would love to know about the team and players! That is the medias job, to know what questions to ask!

Hey! Minnesota is coming to town. They made some major upgrades to their offense this off season. What do our defencemen feel they are going to be up against? How are they going to deal with it? See what I just did there? I DIDN'T ask about the goalies!!!! And I cook for a living!!!! Maybe I should change careers!

Archived