The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

auto racing/motorsport 2013

aeromotacanucks

• 3 weeks later...

Rumours about Kimi Raikkonen going to Ferrari...

on this week we will know.

personaly I don´t think it´s a good idea. Kimi and Alonso? the Spanish driver will complain A LOT...

Apparently will be decided in 48 hours. Apparently Will Buxton heard a rumor of Kimi to Ferrari, and Alonso to McLaren since button hasn't re-upped. Still doesn't solve the second Ferrari seat next year, but I feel it goes to Hulkenberg with Massa racing in a different series

pretty sure Perez is giving the money that Mclaren needs...

Well he sure isn't there on talent, all he does is dive bomb people and hope for the rules to protect him if the other guy goes off track.

Fred is actually the highest earning driver in motorsport I believe, but the real issue is winning a title. He's had enough of chasing Vettel, wants a fair chance against him

few things about F1...

the Singapore GP was dominated by Vettel. end of story, he´s the winner of this year, take a holiday and let´s see who will be the 2nd place...

Alonso did a brilliant start...

Raikkonen, from 13 to 3rd. this guy will kick Alonso´s ass in 2014...

Massa. Lotus next year?

Sauber was "bought" by Russian companies. so in Russia Sauber will drive you?

and this thing of Aviation institution will help Sauber. if Sukhoi designers work on it Sauber´s cars will run at 2.000km/h doing turns at 1500km/h...

why 2 races in USA? next year? wouldn´t be better one race on another country? what about a race in Africa? Americans love Formula-1 so much to have 2 races? and why a race in Austin? Miami or LA wouldn´t be better?

a race in Russia, sounds nice. Moscow wouldn´t be better? Sochi is good but Moscow or St.Peterburg have MUCH MORE tradition...

why Brazil always end the season? it´s rainning in São Paulo. why not a race in Brasilia (our Capital)?

I'd like to see Massa at Lotus next year, but that team sounds like it needs new funding to stay on track, not sure if he can offer that compared to Maldonado

Sauber is having an 18 year old russian pay driver race for them next year, its sickening for him to make the jump from a feeder series like Renault 3.5 or whatever he is in, compared to one of the actually talented drivers in GP2 or 3

For the U.S. it makes great sense to have 2 american races. There are plenty of die-hard f1 fans here, even if nascrap is more popular.

The first race has been in Austin because its a good track that has dedicated owners to run a GP. The first time it was ran, it was the race of the year. No other city has the combination of FIA certified track, and commitment like Austin does, at least until now with New Jersey/New York.

The second GP being essentially in New York is a great PR move as celebrities will show up like in the races in Monaco. I have no clue what the track layout will be since its a street race, but the New York skyline contrasted with F1 racing is a sure money maker for sponsorship dollars.

Track location in russia and brazil go back to my point about Austin. Plus, Sao Paulo has a ton of tradition behind it and is a great track

I agree with Massa on Lotus. but Brazilians fans want to see him in McLaren because everybody knows what happened when a Brazilian driver raced for McLaren. and in 2015 Honda will give their engines so imagine McLaren+Honda+Brazilian driver? last time it happened the world discovered Senna...

the Russian teenager will be a mistery. but when Putin wants Bernie must say "ok", and the car can drive by itself. Russians do this with spacecrafts and planes, a self driving race car wouldn´t be so hard for them...

I´m not sure about 2 races in USA. ok there´s a lot of F1 fans in USA but everytime F1 tried fix a place in America they failed. looks like Americans don´t like see a champion where´s no American driver race in. New York will be another Monaco and can you imagine the security measures to avoid terrorist attacks?

Like. 22 cars racing in NY with celebrity starts on it. the FBI and CIA will spy even the drivers communications...

Canada have much more tradition in F1 and the fans in Canada really like F1. why not a second race in Canada?

the "market question" isn´t that real. the US economy isn´t that big as it was in the past and new markets are coming. Mexico will be back, Russia. why not return to Argentina and Portugal where people really like and buy F1 products?

São Paulo is good but the race survive only because the tradition of the Brazilian history and because our market is growing as well as our economy. Bernie wants the race in Brazil because Interlagos is a really good track and not designed by Tilke...

Please don't compare an over the hill Massa to Senna

Austin has done anything but fail, and the jury is out on NJ/NY. Yes precautions for terror attacks will be put in place but that is nothing new to f1 or new york.

More sponsor dollars for a second race in the biggest, most iconic city in north america than trying to find a location in Canada. Where would the race be? Montreal is the only proper track for cars that fast in canada

The U.S. economy may not be as strong as it was, but its still a superpower, especially in such a commercialized area like F1. I feel like I'm a broken record with the whole sponsorship/race track combo to explain why other south american countries haven't been tried yet

I´m not comparing Massa with Senna. I´m saying that the Brazilian media and people want to see Massa in McLaren because the history told what happened with Fittipaldi and Senna...

Senna (the master), Piquet (the badass), and Fittipaldi (the mouse) where the 3 best F1 drivers Brazil ever had. while the world claim Senna as a super-hero in Brazil people argue to see who was the best, Senna, Piquet or Fittipaldi...

why not Toronto or even Vancouver? INDY race in Toronto and raced in Vancouver. a "street race" in Toronto would be nice, but I dream with a race in Vancouver (the "Pacific GP"). Imagine a F1 race in Vancouver passing near Rogers Arena...

USA is a superpower but why instead Austin a race in Road America or any traditional road course in USA? Nascar race in some as well as INDY does. US have great road courses, why not use them?

even in Russia. Sochi is only because for publicity and develpt the region. Putin wanted a race in Moscow near Pulkovo Airport, the "Moscow Ring".

just imagine. what would you prefer? a race in New York or a race in Washington DC? since it´s a street course why not do it on the Capital? imagine "The world championchip goes to Washington". really, racing near white house and other important places...

I would preffer Washington...

South American countries can´t afford what Bernie Ecclestone wants (in terms of money), Argentina wants a race but can´t afford pay tons of Euros for a race but they have great racetracks and Brazil afford this because we´re the biggest economy in the region. but for fans a race in Mexico is welcomed if the track isn´t designed by Tilke...

and Score of Canucks!!!!!!!

Some interesting thoughts on F1.

A race in Washington would be sweet, but the layout of the city isn't really conducive to having a race circuit, and I really don't see a city that has millions commute in from 2+ hours away every day shutting down for the better part of the week just to have a race.

Personally, I'd like to see F1 go to either Sonoma or back to Watkins Glenn instead of NYC.

Some interesting thoughts on F1.

A race in Washington would be sweet, but the layout of the city isn't really conducive to having a race circuit, and I really don't see a city that has millions commute in from 2+ hours away every day shutting down for the better part of the week just to have a race.

Personally, I'd like to see F1 go to either Sonoma or back to Watkins Glenn instead of NYC.

Plenty of good road courses in the US, Road America, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, for a Street Circuit how about Long Beach or Detroit, they seemed to work ok for Indy cars and the Rolex Sports car series.

Archived