The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why not try Higgins with the Sedins?

CanuckLeaf

I don't think I even recall any significant stretch where Burrows has struggled. I keep waiting for it but he still seems to be thankful just for playing hockey and he shows up every game. So if your waiting for Burrows to struggle with the Sedins.....it ain't gonna happen. The point is can we export some of that "Burrishness" into the second line? We need a player on the first who can at least cycle and can be hard-nosed on the puck, at least enough to give room to the Sedins, Higgins might do that. I say its worth a try. Because if it works, the second line could be one ornery handful to contain.

This is a good idea, Higgins is all about TRY . He's also a lot more talented than most people give him credit for. I think he would be an upgrade on Burrows simply because he's a bit bigger and tougher to push off the puck. He's also a very smart player and takes very few dumb penalties, Burrows has a tendency to get rattled and do silly things costing his team. Higgins is very level headed.

Actually, I said it the other way around - when the Sedins struggle with Burrows, not when Burrows struggles with the Sedins! I agree, Burrows is amazingly consistent. Sedins at least once or twice a year have a period where they seem to slow down or get complacent or something. Putting someone else on their line would be to spark them, not as a demoting of Burrows.

I really don't understand this thread at all. Why would you change Sedin Sedin Burrows? If they start to dry up or get pushed around you go back to Kassian or perhaps Booth. Higgins is a versatile 2nd, 3rd or 4th liner with a good work ethic and decent defensive and offensive skill set. He is also a LW that can play centre, not an RW.

And for those that keep talking about how good Kesler and Burrows are together. On the Pk and in a 3rd line checking role they definitely had some good chemistry. I don't really recall there being a ton of offensive chemistry though, certainly nothing that approaches the play of the Sedins and Burrows.

Why do you hate the fact that Kassian was taken off the Sedin line? Were you actually watching hockey? Or were you watch Kassian score a lot?? The Sedins were struggling big time with Kassian on that line. We dont need Kassian to score, we need the Sedins to score. It was almost an immediate impact when Burrows was put back on the Sedin line. They had more jump , and I think they even assisted on Tanevs game winner if I am correct??? Since then its all been uphill. Putting Kassian back on the Sedin line would be a STEP back for this team...Kassian hasnt played long enough with the Sedins to understand how they play. Hes a great player but hes not quite ready yet. I think Burrows and the Sedins will retire a line together...If it aint broke dont fix it!

Archived