Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Proposal] Vancouver - Ottawa

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Lots of names have been thrown around as potential candidates in a trade for the 3c position : Matthias, Bozak, Dubinsky, Nate Thompson, Weiss before he got injured, Jokinen on waivers, Talbot, etc, etc.

I wanted to add another name to the hat, that I don't think has been mentioned yet: Colin Greening.

Greening is 6'2, 212 pounds, just entering his prime at 27 years old, and still has another year at just over 800 grand on his contract. Last year, his first full season in the nhl, he put up 17g, 20a, 37 points which is a lot more than Lapierre, Malhotra, Pahlsson etc have given us in the past. This year he's currently sitting at 5g, 8a, 13p in 32gp

I know Ottawa is rittled with injuries right now, but their center depth looks like this:

Spezza
Turris
Zibanejad
Greening
Smith
Regin
De Costa
O'Briant

and I don't think it would hurt that much for them to lose him.

I would still rather shoot for Shawn Matthias, but with the season he's having the asking price might be pretty high. Greening seems to be more on par with what price Gillis is willing to pay.

The question is, what does Ottawa need, and what would the cost be?

#2 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

I remember Ottawa fans saying it would have to be Hansen for Greening.

He is their Hansen

#3 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

He is their Hansen

He's way less effective than Hansen is, he just plays the same role on their team. Hansen is the better player by far and is worth way more
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#4 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

He is their Hansen

Most fans over value their own teams players though while undervalueing other teams. Ask Vancouver fans what they think the price would be for say..... Dion Phaneuf, and then compare with what Toronto fans would demand in a trade proposal..wide margin.

#5 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

He's way less effective than Hansen is, he just plays the same role on their team. Hansen is the better player by far and is worth way more

Most fans over value their own teams players though while undervalueing other teams. Ask Vancouver fans what they think the price would be for say..... Dion Phaneuf, and then compare with what Toronto fans would demand in a trade proposal..wide margin.

Either way he won't be cheap. One of those guys whos more valuable to his team than his trade value

#6 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

I like Greening but not for Hansen.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#7 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Greening is a winger, not a center so he wouldn't fill the need
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#8 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Tsn says center, eliteprospects says center/left wing, and a few other sites say center/left wing as well. Not sure if he was a center converted to wing or the other way around, but he obviously has some experience.

#9 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Tsn says center, eliteprospects says center/left wing, and a few other sites say center/left wing as well. Not sure if he was a center converted to wing or the other way around, but he obviously has some experience.

Takes 1.2% of the teams draws. I think that answers your question.

#10 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

omgzz guyzzzz letz traed Kesler+ for Spezzzzzzzzzzza

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.