• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TmanVan

[Proposal] Vancouver - Ottawa

Lots of names have been thrown around as potential candidates in a trade for the 3c position : Matthias, Bozak, Dubinsky, Nate Thompson, Weiss before he got injured, Jokinen on waivers, Talbot, etc, etc.

I wanted to add another name to the hat, that I don't think has been mentioned yet: Colin Greening.

Greening is 6'2, 212 pounds, just entering his prime at 27 years old, and still has another year at just over 800 grand on his contract. Last year, his first full season in the nhl, he put up 17g, 20a, 37 points which is a lot more than Lapierre, Malhotra, Pahlsson etc have given us in the past. This year he's currently sitting at 5g, 8a, 13p in 32gp

I know Ottawa is rittled with injuries right now, but their center depth looks like this:

Spezza

Turris

Zibanejad

Greening

Smith

Regin

De Costa

O'Briant

and I don't think it would hurt that much for them to lose him.

I would still rather shoot for Shawn Matthias, but with the season he's having the asking price might be pretty high. Greening seems to be more on par with what price Gillis is willing to pay.

The question is, what does Ottawa need, and what would the cost be?

I remember Ottawa fans saying it would have to be Hansen for Greening.

He is their Hansen

He's way less effective than Hansen is, he just plays the same role on their team. Hansen is the better player by far and is worth way more