The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Toronto officially a better team than us now?

vcrguy

I personally think the difference is even though the leafs look better on paper, the reason why they're not as good as they should be is due to chemistry. And by that I mean they acquire too many players from trade/free agency and it leads to just slotting in players and hoping they produce. You need a bit of organizational development and players to break through but when majority of the players are t, you won't have much chemistry and won't succeed much. Just my take on it...Nucks have a core which has been together for a while so their leadership and experience is just superior I think.

That's a big reason why, I believe as well. Another reason why Chicago has been so good.

You agreed that on paper they look better, and I made my claim near the start of the season. My reasons still will remain the same as I posted before, we'll see how they do the rest of the season as well as the Canucks. Not too long ago Canucks were in a similar losing streak.

All in all, two great Canadian teams.

That's what people said before, yet they still fail. I think the 2011-2012 season they were hot up until December, then started free-falling after Christmas.

Much different team. They now have:

Kadri, Lupul (full season), van Riemsdyk, Raymond, Bolland, McClement, Clarkson, Franson, Gardiner, Fraser, Ranger, Bernier

+ Carlyle as coach.

Way too early to write them off. 2 weeks ago Canucks were out of a playoff spot. Now they are in 6th place. Things change quickly.

Archived