The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Sestito

Pennywise!

He's been playing very well this season. It seems like he's finally developing into the 3rd Round Pick where he was drafted. His fighting has improved a lot from what I've seen and he's now tapping into his offensive skill. Not saying he'll be a goal scorer for us but a tough guy with some skill is a very nice thing to have in the bottom 6.

He's been playing very well this season. It seems like he's finally developing into the 3rd Round Pick where he was drafted. His fighting has improved a lot from what I've seen and he's now tapping into his offensive skill. Not saying he'll be a goal scorer for us but a tough guy with some skill is a very nice thing to have in the bottom 6.

Yeah and he's injuring his own teammates. What a stupid hit attempt. Keep your feet on the ice and not swinging up in the air.

I love you too.

LOL good to have you here Tom.

I agree with the O P, he made some pretty nice passes tonight too. He can do more than just stand in front of the net on the power play, I think he's got some talent that's being developed correctly. Last year when we got him I was very disappointed with him, and thought he had no skill whatsoever. If he continues to progress like this, I'd like to see him locked up here for a while.

I've been saying it from day one he can play a regular shift.

42 goals in his last year of junior and about half a PPG in the AHL.

While idiots here say he's the worst player in the league...

Completely agree… he just needed or still needs more chances to fine tune his game and gain confidence. I've seen improvements in all areas of his game this season. 6'5 228 with some skill is exactly what we need in that bottom six.

I hope I am to… Kassian is improving as well. I can see more confidence in his game.

but man 2 PP goals with Sestito on the ice is a real big WTF why haven't we been doing this all year and i hope it turns out to be a regular thing.

but man 2 PP goals with Sestito on the ice is a real big WTF why haven't we been doing this all year and i hope it turns out to be a regular thing.

Agreed… Sestito looks comfortable now form what I see… as of late he's been able to bring out his skill so I can see why Torts is trying it now. And because our PP has been so dreadful.

I *still* say that Sestito should be with the Sedins.

He's a huge, immovable body in front of the net who has proven he can roof that puppy in tight quarters and let the pucks bounce off of him into the net. His lack of top speed not a problem with the Sedin play style, and you can be damn sure that if "Marchand" punched Daniel in the face even once, the little rat's nose would be a few sizes bigger. Nobody would take liberties, that's for sure. It was the same with Gino and Bure, or Semenko and Gretzky.

I think it's the same kinda deal as Anson Carter; it's an improbable fit, which in the past has been exactly what works with the Sedins. Burrows, Klatt, Carter? All third-fourth liners in their past yet it works out.

I think it's worth the try. If Sestito keeps working hard, he should earn the shot to play there.

*sigh*

That's just the recent one. I don't often take an "I told you so" moment, but, haters...

I told you so.

Go Sestito.

(edit: I'm not calling surtur a hater, but his quote is relevant. I'm calling any haters a hater...)

Archived