The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zalewski is here wearing #40

Shamu101

Agreed he'll be as good as any NHL player in the league

He has potential to bring this team to the playoffs

Yeah, no. He projects as a 3rd/4th liner, maybe if he improves enough he could fill in on the 2nd but I don't think that's realistic. And that's in likely a couple years time for him to be successful at this level.

If it didn't know any better I'd think you were the guy's brother. Maybe sister? More likely you're a young fan from the Vernon area who is a fan of the Vipers, and by extension, Zalewski.

Can anyone here give a little scouting report on this guy? I tried to google and couldn't find much other than some of his college stats.

Check out all the details in the Mike Zalewski Talk thread in the prospects forum.

The only reason this kid is playing is because of a pre-arranged deal with Gillis. He agrees to sign with Vancouver, if they agree to play him in 10 games so it burns a year off his ELC; and get a decent paycheck out of the rest of this season.

That's not how the slide on ELCs work. ELCs only slide for players in junior or outside of North America under a certain age. Zalewski is both too old and signed to play in a pro North American league (NHL/AHL) so his contract can't slide if he just doesn't play.

So much for your theory.

Archived