The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Yahoo Fantasy League - Season 4

Peaches

• 2 weeks later...

Three questions @Peaches

In settings it says roster changes are "Daily - Tomorrow". Does that mean make changes. before midnight, the day before? or does that mean roster changes become active right away? 

You said during the draft that goalies are 3 and 5 points for wins and shutouts. Was that a mistake or are the settings not updated for that?

Based on daily/tomorrow roster changes and unlimited games, that means our lineups are basically set based on who plays that day, rather than who is hot/better/easier schedule. Just wondering if I'm having a brain fart, or that's actually the rules. Most leagues I've played in have 1 week roster changes to make managing more important or at least games limits on positions. 

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I think daily tomorrow means you put your active players who are playing that day in your lineup. For the other questions I'm not sure

Thanks.  Just seems odd to have bench players, when every player will still be active for pretty much every game. 

On 10/5/2016 at 1:58 AM, Art Vandelay said:

Three questions @Peaches

In settings it says roster changes are "Daily - Tomorrow". Does that mean make changes. before midnight, the day before? or does that mean roster changes become active right away? 

You said during the draft that goalies are 3 and 5 points for wins and shutouts. Was that a mistake or are the settings not updated for that?

Based on daily/tomorrow roster changes and unlimited games, that means our lineups are basically set based on who plays that day, rather than who is hot/better/easier schedule. Just wondering if I'm having a brain fart, or that's actually the rules. Most leagues I've played in have 1 week roster changes to make managing more important or at least games limits on positions. 

Peaches doesn't go on CDC as much as he used to. You can also try and contact him on Yahoo.

Daily tomorrow means swapping players on the bench will take effect right away, only as long as the player hasn't started his game yet. However I've found that picking up undrafted players means they enter your lineup the next day.

I don't know about the goalie points.

There was a max amount of games last year, not sure if it was changed intentionally or not. But with unlimited games, it basically means the more active you are, the better you'll do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well this pool has gone to ****. The person running it, has Carey price on injury reserve for no reason. Another guy is dropping and picking up players depending on who is playing that day, because we don't have game limits. And a few guys aren't even changing rosters.

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Well this pool has gone to ****. The person running it, has Carey price on injury reserve for no reason. Another guy is dropping and picking up players depending on who is playing that day, because we don't have game limits. And a few guys aren't even changing rosters.

He probably just hasn't been on since Price came back. It is a more casual league after all.

If you were looking for something more active, I did offer you a position in CDC Puck earlier...

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

He probably just hasn't been on since Price came back. It is a more casual league after all.

If you were looking for something more active, I did offer you a position in CDC Puck earlier...

I've never done anything like that before, so I wasn't sure I had time for it (I just started my own business this summer). I knew this was going to be casual, but I guess I assumed more from it. Either way, casual/active, I am going to win! :o

4 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I've never done anything like that before, so I wasn't sure I had time for it (I just started my own business this summer). I knew this was going to be casual, but I guess I assumed more from it. Either way, casual/active, I am going to win! :o

My offer still stands should you feel you have time for it.

Is your business Vandelay Industries? :P

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

My offer still stands should you feel you have time for it.

Is your business Vandelay Industries? :P

I probably do have time, but looking at the threads, it looks very in-depth. How much time is usually spent to stay up-to-date?

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

I probably do have time, but looking at the threads, it looks very in-depth. How much time is usually spent to stay up-to-date?

I go on for about 5-10 minutes every day, but I'm also a commissioner so it's a bit different. Perhaps someone like @Phil The Thrill can give a better answer.

Any other questions though just PM me. I don't want to take over this thread with posts about a different league.

21 hours ago, Master Mind said:

I go on for about 5-10 minutes every day, but I'm also a commissioner so it's a bit different. Perhaps someone like @Phil The Thrill can give a better answer.

Any other questions though just PM me. I don't want to take over this thread with posts about a different league.

@Master Mind @Art Vandelay I usually spend about 10-15 minutes on fantrax to set my line-up each day on my phone . Easily done on my break at work.

Being someone who was new at first I was spending more time discussing trades and such over the summer. So I guess allocate an extra 15-30 mins a week to discuss trades when you start if you want to make a mark on your team at first.

• 5 months later...

Archived