The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Krueger for Head Coach

Ossi Vaananen

4 hours ago, mll said:

This is this weekend from Willes in the Province after speaking to Trevor Linden:

One, Freddy Krueger has a better chance of being the Canucks’ next head coach than Ralph Krueger, and, two, Travis Green remains the leading candidate to coach the Canucks next season.

damn that sucks... Green is probably a good choice, but something inside me just wants to go bigger... we've had good farm coaches over the years, hopefully he can be our next alain vigneault. Willie was absolutely the opposite of what our team needed. If we had a proper coach who knew anything about developement, maybe Tryamkin would still be here. Willie is a tactics coach, woulda been a better fit for our 2019-20 squad. It just sucks that our youngsters the last 3 years, and possibly the next 3, will be learning to be NHLers from coaches who are trying to figure the same thing out for themselves. Gerard Gallant would have been great. Ralph Krueger I hope they can make it happen somehow

One farm coach I would want is that Penguins coach in Wilkes-Barres. When he got promoted from ECHL to AHL, he brought 11 of his players up to the AHL with him. He's figured out a way to turn guys like Rust, Guentzel, Ruwhedel, Murray, Rowney, Sheary, etc. into solid NHLers. If over the next 2 years he can do the same with more longshots like Oscar Sundqvist.... Dominik Simon.... Jean-Sebastien Dea.... Casey DeSmith.... Josh Archibald.... etc.... well then it's time for teams to take notice

There is a HUGE difference between the quality of talent on the North American World Cup team, and the current Canucks roster.  I would not touch this guy with a 100 foot pole!  What did he do when he was coaching a bunch of young up-and-comers like the Oilers only a few short years ago?  Yeah - NOTHING!

1 hour ago, BureMostExciting said:

There is a HUGE difference between the quality of talent on the North American World Cup team, and the current Canucks roster.  I would not touch this guy with a 100 foot pole!  What did he do when he was coaching a bunch of young up-and-comers like the Oilers only a few short years ago?  Yeah - NOTHING!

It's all relative I think. He actually got a complete garbage roster to play .500 hockey. It was actually a peak season among a huge number of valley seasons around it under different coaches.

Archived