The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Alex Kerfoot to sign with Colorado Avalanche

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

????  Luongo has been playing great this year and recently noted "I could play another 10 years if I feel this great!".

I wrote that before the season in August for crying out loud! :lol:

I sincerely hope that Luongo continues to hold on and stay in the league for many years to come, but if at any point in the future he goes into a prolonged slump, the Panthers will dump him.  His contract runs for another 4 years.  He'll be 43 years old when it expires.  I'm not optimistic on his chances of being on an NHL team at 43 years of age.

luongo-contract1.png

14 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I wrote that before the season in August for crying out loud! :lol:

I sincerely hope that Luongo continues to hold on and stay in the league for many years to come, but if at any point in the future he goes into a prolonged slump, the Panthers will dump him.  His contract runs for another 4 years.  He'll be 43 years old when it expires.  I'm not optimistic on his chances of being on an NHL team at 43 years of age.

luongo-contract1.png

I think if any current goalie not named Miller will be playing into their 40s it will be Lou.  He loves the game.  He loves Florida.   Florida loves him and he is playing better right now as nearly 40 than he has in years.   I could see him playing out his contract with at least a 50-50 probability and most certainly for a two or three more years.   The guy is a fitness freak.

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think if any current goalie not named Miller will be playing into their 40s it will be Lou.  He loves the game.  He loves Florida.   Florida loves him and he is playing better right now as nearly 40 than he has in years.   I could see him playing out his contract with at least a 50-50 probability and most certainly for a two or three more years.   The guy is a fitness freak.

From your lips to God's ears.  *fingers crossed* 

Archived