Canucks Community

Name That Goalie!

Rate this topic

Suits

No guesses yet? :(

I'll give a hint if necessary.

I will give it a go.

Could you give me a hint though please.

Apparently Latvia is selling sold one of its ghost towns for 3M, to a Russian company apparently....

Is that true?

Yeah, Skrunda was sold friday for 1.55 million lats, its a pretty cool town to visit if you like kind of creepy things. Here is an article for you to read about it.

Skrunda sold

Edited by LatviešuCanuck

Yeah, Skrunda was sold friday for 1.55 million lats, its a pretty cool town to visit if you like kind of creepy things. Here is an article for you to read about it.

Skrunda sold

Yeah I read about it somewhere and I thought it was pretty cool considering it had everything, like club, hotels and all that.

Okay.

That's not the Edmonton Oilers.

so it can't be Grant Fuhr....

I will give it a go.

Could you give me a hint though please.

Skrunda sold

Interesting read, is the general public allowed to go there and look around?

Interesting read, is the general public allowed to go there and look around?

If you would like, I been there twice. Theres a few old Soviet posts in Latvia you can go to, if you go through the desks you can find their documents, plans, other interesting things. If you go near Viļāni the Soviets had a hidden milatary base which still stands. Korosta just outside Liepāja is part of the Soviet war fortress.