The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Gear - UK motoring show... now with Season 12 and SPOILER WARNING

This Devils Workday

whoa, was that the original resolution of the video?

i think we are seeing a new James May develop before our eyes(!) :lol:

Hammond lost heaps of speed breaking and turning around. i reckon the jet slowed up a bit while doing the vertical u-turn but it had the advantage.

what did you think of the self-parking Lexus?

It was a HDTV video but that is only the res of my screen not the video.

Lols i have noticed abit of a change with all of them Hammond seems to have seen a stylist or something and May is getting even more like those chairs were from his place.

Yea during the Turn he lost soo much speed just to turn around then re-build it back up where as the plane used gravity to turn around.

The lexus was interesting i think it was good but never let any of those 3 near anything Computer/technical related or mechanical given there race against the stig when they built the kit car. Still laughing at the stig getting arrested.

yeah, i'm not too fond of the shaggy hair....reminds me of Top Gear dog. whatever happened to him?(the dog)

i demand a rematch! it was also funny how Bugatti sent over two Veyrons yet they still won't let The Stig take it for a lap around the track <_<

Hammond seems to have more of a grip on technology than the other two :lol: the whole self-parking thing still needs a lot more development but even then, the camera at the back really helps for someone with a bad neck/back.

Cops: you have the right to remain silent

Stig: *silence* :D

I was wondering the same thing about Top Gear Dog maybe we should write in and ask.

Lols maybe they could try Clarkson's idea and strap both Veyrons together during the rematch :P I thought they had let stig take it around the track but now that i think of it i don't remember seeing it. I like the ep where Rover wouldn't let them test the new car they were making so May had to do a report as though he was test driving it.

Yea hammond knows abit more about gadgets than the others and can live with them but Clarkson and May are shocking! to say the least. Anything Technical and i would be worried going near it after they had touched it. As for the Lexus it is pointless designing something for a target consumer who can't buy it. The technology is great and usefull once they prefect it and make it available at a price ppl who would use it can pay but all this will happen over time i guess.

Lols i wonder if he was laughing or anything under the helmet i guess not he is the stig after all did you know they say on really warm days he sheads his skin like a snake.....

currently on vacation with The Stig's African cousin..? :P

i can't quite see how two Veyrons strapped together would get a better result :lol:

Bugatti are going to have to cave in and let the lap happen. i don't remember May's phantom Rover test either..

GBP 83k :blink: how many Peels could you buy with that!

well he (or rather his "African cousin") is gonna be shedding a lot of skin in Africa :D

If so we may see him next ep as they are going to Africa as you know :P i think it will be a good episode.

Lols it would be a big failure it is just Clarkson's usual add more power will solve the issue solution as usual like strapping 2 massive outboards to his Toyboata's original idea.

(i just had an idea as to how 2 outboards on it may actually work :blink:)

Yea i hope we do get to see how it goes around the track do you think it will top the time sheet? i don't think it will i think that the straights aren't long enough for it to use it's top speed advantage over the more nimble cars. You don't remember it? it was quite an old episode but basically rover wouldn't let them drive the car and they go to a car yard and go for a test drive, may has to do a normal report on it while the sales guy is in the car and not give away what he is actually doing they had hidden camera's and mikes everywhere.

you have 83,000 GBP? as you could buy 8 with that :P I would buy the shell then buy a bigger bike motor and maybe Quad bike size wheels that would be a crazy ride :P

:lol: they think up the craziest rumors about him.

i predict there will be a lot of dust, animal jokes, hilariously oddball cars and a race between Captain Slow and a cheetah :lol:

this world needs a JATO-powered Veyron! a Mythbusters/Top Gear collaboration..?

i don't think so either, acceleration isn't quick enough. i reckon the Koenigsegg CCX + custom rear wing would remain on top.

sadly my memory failed me that time. do you know which season/episode it was from? i'll need to go and dig it out :(

uh....check back in about 10 years and i might just have 83k :P

i think the suspension needs to be worked out too.

i came across a site some months back that listed what looked like every Stig "rumor". i can't find it now

African Safari

the third "big one" of the season took the boys to Africa, in a challenge from the Botswana/Zimbabwe border to the Botswana/Namibia border. the main hurdles were the Makgadikgadi salt pans, the Kalahari desert, and the Okavango Delta reserve.

Clarkson's car was troublesome throughout, May's Merc was almost faultless despite being trimmed down to its shell and Hammond displayed a worrying attachment to his Opel Corsa, which he couldn't bring himself to modify in any way. And in the background lurked the dark shadow of the VW Beetle which all of them agreed (for once) was the most despised car. whoever had his car die on them would have to complete the rest of the journey in the Beetle. and i won't tell you who wound up in the Beetle ;)

quotes:

The Stig intro for this week:

"some say he's seen the lion king one thousand seven hundred and eighty times. and his second best friend is a cape buffalo. all we know is, he's not the Stig, but he is the Stig's African cousin"

Richard Hammond: "this is just the happiest car in the world. i shall call it Oliver. not that we ever name a car on Top Gear, wish i hadn't said that."

RH: "don't knock oliver, er, don't knock my car, it's a fine piece of..

James May: "oh go on, what did you call it then. he's given it a name!"

Jeremy Clarkson: "my car's on fire but in a very specific place"

JM: Can I point something out?

JC: What?

JM: Hammond’s walking around his car muttering about how he needs all of it.

JC: I know exactly what he’s doing.

JM: He’s formed an emotional attachment, hasn’t he?

JC: It’d be like saying to him: ‘could you cut bits off your wife?

JC: "why don't all cars have no doors? when i come to power, i'm going to make it a rule 'cause this is just better"

RH (on his lack of need for lion-proofing his car): "oliver will protect me"

JC: "if we ever do a program called the back end of an animal"

RH: "this week, on too late to look"

JM (observing an elephant): "that one's lifting its sort of paw up a bit, like a dog does. hoof, whatever you call it"

JC: "there's a man over there with the best combover i've ever seen in my life."

JM: "that is...he's got four partings as a result of that. you're bald, live with it!"

RH (trying to dump the cow's head into May's tent): "um, hang onn that's my bag in james' tent...this is my tent!"

JC: "i'm 47 years, i've never been speechless"

Yea i noticed that as well (before i seen this post)

It was a great episode.

Made me laugh when Oliver started sinking Hammond nearly had a heart attack!! and his comment about how he would practice if a lion attacked.

Clarkson's car was soo bad

May's was in ok condition but wasn't really suited to what they were doing.

I also liked when they were sneaking the cows head into the tent then the hippos came then Hammond noticed somthing out of place!!!

That was also a funny as section of the ep.

i just watched that bird bit again...oh my :lol:

yeah, i thought Hammond was going to start bawling or something.

did Clarkson really think that a bunch of cans tied together would stop a lion? :P

Hammond needs to work on better preparing pranks in the future

ah, Mr Combover's expression was priceless

"elephants, rally special stage, combovers...everything's here"

i'm a rapidshare hound and thanks to some really dedicated guys, i can get the links within hours ;)

how's the quality on that site?

haha left for dead!

that should have been another challenge, to get a lion to test the lion-proofing

i agree, the Pole still pwns :P

next week is the rocket man on rollerblades ep...trying to kill Hammond again ;)

Do you know when they are showing the ep where hammond crashed in that GT race?

That would have been an awesome challange Hammond would be sitting worried what the lion would do to Oliver maybe jump out and put himself between oliver and the lion :P Clarkson would be very nervous about the lion getting through and would kinda look around all lost and may would say how his door is going to work because he some how has thought it through and lions don't like Mercs or something :P or he could throw tampons at them....

I don't know if they will be able to think up one to beat the pole challange. It was just a great episode like when the army guy pushed clarkson into the water :P

Now that sounds cool although if you were the rocket guy would you be worried about Hampster running you over?

tonight, The Stig tests a tube train. Richard tests a pair of shorts. and i try a hand at running.

Clarkson's Stig intro: Some say that to unlock him you have to run your finger down his face like that (runs his finger down an audience member's face) and that if he were getting divorced from Paul McCartney, he'd keep his stupid whining mouth shut. All we know is he's called the Stig.

May: But i think maybe the reason why i always tend to drive a bit too slowly is that i'm always thinking about the John Lewis kitchen department.

Clarkson on Hammond bringing "Oliver" into the UK (the Opel Kadett from last week's Africa special): Richard, he only wants a British passport.

Hammond: Listen, it's real. He loves me and he's coming home. That's a fact.

Clarkson: I'm going to be sick.

Hammond, on the Mitsubishi iCar: So basically the seats absorb your eczema and the roof lining absorbs your farts.

Clarkson, before driving the Caparo T1: If this all goes wrong, i'll do the Team America secret signal.

caps:

2015600502_da0524fd0d_m.jpg

2015600516_33667694be_m.jpg

2015600528_894cb5938f_m.jpg

2015600544_33667694be_m.jpg

2015600562_e83e9de32c_m.jpg

2015600578_af43974f44_m.jpg

The Stig was hilarious in this ep, especially that newspaper on the tube scene :lol:

tonight, The Stig tests a tube train. Richard tests a pair of shorts. and i try a hand at running.

Clarkson's Stig intro: Some say that to unlock him you have to run your finger down his face like that (runs his finger down an audience member's face) and that if he were getting divorced from Paul McCartney, he'd keep his stupid whining mouth shut. All we know is he's called the Stig.

May: But i think maybe the reason why i always tend to drive a bit too slowly is that i'm always thinking about the John Lewis kitchen department.

Clarkson on Hammond bringing "Oliver" into the UK (the Opel Kadett from last week's Africa special): Richard, he only wants a British passport.

Hammond: Listen, it's real. He loves me and he's coming home. That's a fact.

Clarkson: I'm going to be sick.

Hammond, on the Mitsubishi iCar: So basically the seats absorb your eczema and the roof lining absorbs your farts.

Clarkson, before driving the Caparo T1: If this all goes wrong, i'll do the Team America secret signal.

caps:

2015600502_da0524fd0d_m.jpg

2015600516_33667694be_m.jpg

2015600528_894cb5938f_m.jpg

2015600544_33667694be_m.jpg

2015600562_e83e9de32c_m.jpg

2015600578_af43974f44_m.jpg

The Stig was hilarious in this ep, especially that newspaper on the tube scene :lol:

Agh i need to get this ep it sounds like it will be good and from the Hammond and May quotes "interesting"

oh it would be cool to work on topgear especially if you got to test the cars :P

Yea it is usually the car he is driving that has a fault when he crashes :P although he did hit an iceberg on land......

:lol: ppl are always going to complain about things they do damaging stuff like when clarkson hit that tree one time or when he drove the landrover up the hill in scotland i think they had an issue with that too.

Archived