The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Gear - UK motoring show... now with Season 12 and SPOILER WARNING

This Devils Workday

I want to see how good james blunt actually does on the track, it could be really funny.

I have decided that one of my goals in life is to become pretty famous in the uk so that I might get a chance at driving around the track in the reasonably priced car, and I guess I better some how do that soon because I don't know how much longer TG is going to be on.

Now I just need to decide what I am going to do.....

Basically I am conviced that I would have a pretty good time because I've only ever driven reasonably priced cars, the only thing is that I'd have to get used to the steering wheel being on the other side and shifting woth the wrong hand.....

that was so cool how he got 20s off his lap time.

I also noticed that a lot of people mention how the stig helped them, also they have more than one reasonably priced car, as seen when Jamie Oliver went in s9 e1.

the veyron is super cool. I just watched that TG today and from now on when ever some one asks me what car I want I'll say that and just see if they've even heard of it. ferrari shmari. that car owns all. lol :P

EDIT:

Sadness.

I haven't seen the new top gear yet....

the clip is of the veyron...

in the one with Jamie Oliver he wrecked one on the practice lap...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jysfFHMNm4 the car talk starts at 4:45.... another thing to watch when you get back from work.

TG is totally killing my attempts at studing for finals. :rolleyes:

that was so cool how he got 20s off his lap time.

I also noticed that a lot of people mention how the stig helped them, also they have more than one reasonably priced car, as seen when Jamie Oliver went in s9 e1.

the veyron is super cool. I just watched that TG today and from now on when ever some one asks me what car I want I'll say that and just see if they've even heard of it. ferrari shmari. that car owns all. lol :P

EDIT:

Sadness.

scary story: i asked some guys at a model shop last week if they had the veyron and both of them had never heard of it. one even asked if it was a "bike"

ffs, it's not some obscure garage project, it's a ????ing 1000hp beast.

i'm not fond of the front grille either but it is what it is :)

:| they should be shot!! :P the Guinness book of world records only lists it's actual output at 998 i think not the 1001 it claims to have i have this argument with others all the time i would say it has Peaked for a breif time at 1001 but it would be consistant at 998. That is what alot of tuner drivers don't realise they say that their hotted up car can put out 1000+ but really it will only spike at that for a short period of time.

As for the news top gear episode i haven't even gotten past the first segment of the show and i have a patriotic image to post. i think something from here has won over clarkson :P

:lol: AWESOME STIG LAP WITH IT AND CLARKSONS COMMENTRY IS FUNNY AS!!!!!

This is true he seems to like Aussie cars :)

Another Quote:

Hammond on driving the Renault F1

Hammond: It's absolutely the most glorious machine in the world.

Renault Tech: Wait until you get it into 2nd.

The Car's party piece is good as well :P

Note: Throwing a Grenade in a fridge isn't the safest thing to do it kinda becomes alittle worse and Mentoes and diet Coke will not exploded in your stomach all this thanks to the guys at Mythbusters :P

haha! Hammond went full throttle....for naught point two seconds :lol:

they should have got that car to play the top gear theme. now that would have been something.

i wish i had done the caps while watching. i'm itching to post the cap of Captain Slow on an old, old car. sad to say, he actually looked a part of that car :huh:

Yea i laughed at that as well but even still when you have a car producing the power to weight ratio it is then you too would be scared at putting your foot down as well!

I was thinking the same thing when i was listening to it they might have done better than May when he tried too.

:lol: i agree with you he so looked the part if they had pipes and maybe one of those old hats on him he would have been right at home in it wouldn't he!

and he's already been in a high speed crash. speaking of crash, next week is that race where Hammond crashes :lol:

they have the advantage of using laptops to achieve that tune. May had to use his...ear.

that pink/purple sweater just doesn't cut it. he needs tweed, and a high hat. with a monocle. and whatever oddities they wore in those days :D

Archived