The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

hi.

I live in Edmonton Alberta .

right now i am laughing my donkey off at you people worried that it is going to snow 3cm. while already, us here in good old Alberta already have about 15cm of the stuff and it is currently -20 out.

But hey, I used to be one of those Vancouverites... in the happy land of few winters....... those were the days....

...I'd be worried.

Vancouver isn't like Edmonton buddy its not as flat, try getting to work by getting down or up huge donkey hills....west van is complete b*tch...I live out here N. Delta and have a couple of huge donkey hills to get up and down from and can hardly do that.....

And the snow here is completely different then Edmonton's, it freezes like hell out here, at least in Alberta the snow is crisp and driveable, while in Vancouver with the ocean and all the snow turns to a complete b*tch to get around.

Edited by Sir Menace

...I'd be worried.

Vancouver isn't like Edmonton buddy its not as flat, try getting to work by getting down or up huge donkey hills....west van is complete b*tch...I live out here N. Delta and have a couple of huge donkey hills to get up and down from and can hardly do that.....

And the snow here is completely different then Edmonton's, it freezes like hell out here, at least in Alberta the snow is crisp and driveable, while in Vancouver with the ocean and all the snow turns to a complete b*tch to get around.

Packed Down snow is just as slippery as ice.

Also, underneath that 15 cm layer of snow, is ... ice. Dude, don't try to act like 3 cm is ANYTHING like 15 cm. I remember last year, we got a solid 2 feet here in Strathroy, Ontario.

Ah, good times.

Also, there are hills in Edmonton. Even then, 3 cm doesn't make a big difference on a hill. Seriously, it doesn't.

Also, do you have winter tires? That might be why its hard to get around.. Either way, stop trying to pretend 3 cm is as much as a detriment as Vancouver.

Edited by Kottke

Packed Down snow is just as slippery as ice.

Also, underneath that 15 cm layer of snow, is ... ice. Dude, don't try to act like 3 cm is ANYTHING like 15 cm. I remember last year, we got a solid 2 feet here in Strathroy, Ontario.

Ah, good times.

Also, there are hills in Edmonton. Even then, 3 cm doesn't make a big difference on a hill. Seriously, it doesn't.

Also, do you have winter tires? That might be why its hard to get around.. Either way, stop trying to pretend 3 cm is as much as a detriment as Vancouver.

its not even 3cm, its more like 10+ cm here.

Its snowing pretty good again here in North Delta...the centre of the low looks like its pushed into the Lower Mainland now...what they said was the heavy accumulation of snow (10-30cm) will happen this evening and overnight...wonder what the slushfest will look like tommorow