The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Guest Gumballthechewy

Always useful to say where "around here" may be located.

Doesn't it say on the side?

<---

Edited by Gumballthechewy

Guest Gumballthechewy

Nope.

And if it did lots of people who may have it listed do not update the location if they move.

Oh, I'm only ever on here using an iPhone so...

But Christina Lake anyway, and up a mountain to boot, sitting at around 1000 meters.

Oh, I'm only ever on here using an iPhone so...

But Christina Lake anyway, and up a mountain to boot, sitting at around 1000 meters.

Bad memories of Christina Lake. Many years ago (early 1970's) I was in the area coming back from skiing Red Mountain, when a semi jacknifed and I barely managed to steer around it before ending up in a snow bank. Luckily I nor my girlfriend at the time were injured and no serious damage to my car.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Bad memories of Christina Lake. Many years ago (early 1970's) I was in the area coming back from skiing Red Mountain, when a semi jacknifed and I barely managed to steer around it before ending up in a snow bank. Luckily I nor my girlfriend at the time were injured and no serious damage to my car.

Wow... At least no one was hurt.

You'd have worse memorys if you came out here nowadays, every summer our town swells with... ugh *shudders*... Albertans...

Anyway, here's some pic! :)

62DFE0AD-BDE7-40C1-9FF7-A53231D17A3A-3308-0000073652B593B4.jpg?t=1355614780

DE317DC5-F1E0-485D-95A2-27F0DD8B40F6-3308-00000736295BC313.jpg?t=1355614756

58CAE516-269A-4A6B-82C2-F066283F00DD-3308-00000735E24388F3.jpg?t=1355614713

Vancouverites drive like insane people when it snows. They either drive like nothing is wrong and end up skidding all over the place, or else they drive defensively as though there's 10 feet of snow on the ground and end up doing 30 km/h the entire time they're on the road. A team mate of mine was stuck in traffic today in Abby because of a bad accident. She had to drive on the shoulder of the wrong side of the road just to get off the hwy and she was still an hour late to our game :rolleyes:

Guest Gumballthechewy

Vancouverites drive like insane people when it snows. They either drive like nothing is wrong and end up skidding all over the place, or else they drive defensively as though there's 10 feet of snow on the ground and end up doing 30 km/h the entire time they're on the road. A team mate of mine was stuck in traffic today in Abby because of a bad accident. She had to drive on the shoulder of the wrong side of the road just to get off the hwy and she was still an hour late to our game :rolleyes:

Vancouver is the worst place to drive around when it snows. That year it dumped a ton around four or five years ago I was down there at the time driving around Abby and people where off everywhere, skidding through stop signs and red lights...

Vancouver is the worst place to drive around when it snows. That year it dumped a ton around four or five years ago I was down there at the time driving around Abby and people where off everywhere, skidding through stop signs and red lights...

And that is why I don't want it to snow. People here can't drive in the snow. For those who like snow, move to Alberta.

I'm hoping that it actually snows, I want to drift. :P

Lots of morons going 20 kph below the speed limit, nobody should be going under 10 kph in this weather.

* on the main roads

Knowing that they don't have snow tires, its better for them to go slow. I found most of them lack in maneuvering skills and would be scared to see them go 20 kph above the speed limit.

Guest Gumballthechewy

And that is why I don't want it to snow. People here can't drive in the snow. For those who like snow, move to Alberta.

Ha ha ha! Albertians drive worse than Vancouverites!

For snow and people who can drive in it all you have to do is move out the lower mainland, Vancouver is not the whole of B.C.

Ha ha ha! Albertians drive worse than Vancouverites!

For snow and people who can drive in it all you have to do is move out the lower mainland, Vancouver is not the whole of B.C.

Years ago my cousin who grew up in the Hand Hills area of Alberta (my father's birthplace before he got smart and moved to the WetCoast) arrived around Christmas as he had been posted to BC with the RCMP.

It began to snow and he was laughing at the drivers slip sliding away. My father said do not mistke this for the snow he was used to in Alberta. He laughed it off, jumped in his new 1972 Dodge Charger to go to the liquor store... and promptly introduced it to a telephone pole at the bottom of our street.

He was heard to exclaim as he slid out of sight this is not snow - it is ######## grease.