The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Yo Face In The Twilight Sparkle Party

Rate this topic

Gerg

I agree with chiklets.

He's not that good looking and he definitely is not as cool as other vampires.

I personally don't think he's good looking AT ALL, and even though I had really low expectations for the movie itself, I was still disappointed.

Nikkie Reed is gorgeous though.

I personally don't think he's good looking AT ALL, and even though I had really low expectations for the movie itself, I was still disappointed.

Nikkie Reed is gorgeous though.

haha

He did look better with the makeup. But without makeup....:P

Same here. I didn't really even want to watch the movie to begin with but just tagged along cuz my friends wanted to watch and I had nothing else to do.

k

am checked teh intarweb for twilight and found this

http://www.cracked.com/article_16878_if-tw...ore-honest.html

win?

I skimmed through it.

I lol'd.

haha

He did look better with the makeup. But without makeup....:P

Same here. I didn't really even want to watch the movie to begin with but just tagged along cuz my friends wanted to watch and I had nothing else to do.

Twilight became a huge hit with my cousins (ages ranging from 15 to 31) and I, so we all decided to make it a movie and dinner night. We were laughing from start to end, and we laughed at parts of the movie when she shouldn't have. Terrible. I can't believe people are actually calling it one of the greatest movies of this year.

I read a bit, and even that plotline bored me

Can't imagine going through what, 5 books of that?

Hay, I actually read all FOUR books. I liked them, except for the last one, which was totally lame.

Twilight became a huge hit with my cousins (ages ranging from 15 to 31) and I, so we all decided to make it a movie and dinner night. We were laughing from start to end, and we laughed at parts of the movie when she shouldn't have. Terrible. I can't believe people are actually calling it one of the greatest movies of this year.

I never read the books so I never got into the craze.

haha... I totally laughed at a lot of the scenes that weren't meant to be funny as well. It's probably only being called that because it did well at the box office.

Edited by Canuck_83

haha... I totally laughed at a lot of the scenes that weren't meant to be funny as well. It's probably only being called that because it did well at the box office.

Have you seen the recent Canucks podcast? I think it's the New Years Resolution one. Rob Davison said that he's reading the Twiligh series.

"I like the vampire, the sci-fi, and the love story. It touches me."

When I heard that I was like WTF!!! LMAO.

haha

Ya, bringing in the money doesn't always mean quality

Twilight (I base it on hearsay) and Nickelback are prime examples of that.

Have you seen the recent Canucks podcast? I think it's the New Years Resolution one. Rob Davison said that he's reading the Twiligh series.

haha

Guh, whatta wimp

Edited by Gerg

haha

No, I haven't. haha

Ya, bringing in the money doesn't always mean quality

Twilight (I base it on hearsay) and Nickelback are prime examples of that.

For sure. I know some people who've read the books and didn't like the movie. But some of that might have to do with the hype and their expectations/excitement. I also know some that are reading the books because of the movie though. lol

i just finished The Alchemist

i almost wish they'd make a movie out of it but i bet they'd turn it into some indiana jones junk.

so the verdict is NO on reading Twilight?

It depends. Most of the guys I know who have read the book think its just a major cheeezfest. And all of my girl friends LOVE the book. It's a hit or miss.

A buddy of mine basically told me the details of the entire series in about 10 minutes the other week thinking I would be like "HEY, CAN I BORROW THE BOOK?".

It made me not want to see nor read it even more, haha.

haha

His planned backfired. :P

i just finished The Alchemist

i almost wish they'd make a movie out of it but i bet they'd turn it into some indiana jones junk.

so the verdict is NO on reading Twilight?

Depends on whether or not you're into vampire/human love stories I guess. I haven't come across a person that has read the books and not enjoyed them though.

haha

He did look better with the makeup. But without makeup.... :P

Yeah, I only watched it because my friends dragged my to it. I really don't understand the obsession with Edward. I also don't get what's so good about the book. I really don't think it's something special, but if it can get people that don't usually read, to do so, then hey, I'm all for it.

Okay. Send me the link when you're done, k?

But seriously, he's really not that attractive, and his acting in that movie lacked. It was terrible.

The actor who played James was effing gold. Gorgeous.

He could suck my blood anytime.

Me with normal hair. I usually have it crazy :lol:

wqwncn.jpg

you could use some eyeliner. Your eyes might even themselves out a bit.

And here's the thing about Twilight-

It's not GOOD reading.

It's not GOOD writing. It's basically bubblegum pop in a book.

BUT. Reading in any capacity is a good thing, so regardless, all the teenagers that actually picked up a book and read gained something that they would not have if they were watching TV or hanging out online and reading text speak.

Yeah, I only watched it because my friends dragged my to it. I really don't understand the obsession with Edward. I also don't get what's so good about the book. I really don't think it's something special, but if it can get people that don't usually read, to do so, then hey, I'm all for it.

Yah. I don't get the obsession either.

I never read the books so I can't comment on them. But, I agree, if it gets people to read then it's all good. :)