The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

I am now the new GM of the Buffalo Sabres! :)

I would like to thank Krazz for giving me this oppurtunity to GM, Nucklehead_16 for showing me the ropes this season by letting me be his AHL GM, and Edler23 for putting this team in great shape so far this season!

My Current Lineup is:

Vanek - Roy - Pominville

Kotalik - Hecht - Leino

Stafford - Gaustad - Boyes

Foligno - Ennis - Kaleta

Regher - Ehrhoff

Myers - Leopold

Sekera - Commodore

Miller

Enroth

Current Trading Block: Jonas Enroth, Ville Leino, and Nathan Gerbe. Looking to shed some cap, as well as get a 2nd line LW. Please PM offers or contact me via MSN at gocanucksgocdc@hotmail.com

I am now the new GM of the Buffalo Sabres! :)

I would like to thank Krazz for giving me this oppurtunity to GM, Nucklehead_16 for showing me the ropes this season by letting me be his AHL GM, and Edler23 for putting this team in great shape so far this season!

My Current Lineup is:

Vanek - Roy - Pominville

Kotalik - Hecht - Leino

Stafford - Gaustad - Boyes

Foligno - Ennis - Kaleta

Regher - Ehrhoff

Myers - Leopold

Sekera - Commodore

Miller

Enroth

Current Trading Block: Jonas Enroth, Ville Leino, and Nathan Gerbe. Looking to shed some cap, as well as get a 2nd line LW. Please PM offers or contact me via MSN at gocanucksgocdc@hotmail.com

Disappointed that there aren't more news articles for me to read. I might just have prize incentives for best news articles of the month or something of that sort to make the site more lively next season. :emot-parrot:

On that note, a warm welcome to Tyler Seguin for taking over the Buffalo Sabres. With unfortunate circumstances needing Edler23-, the 2-year Buffalo GM veteran (WCNHL + VHL), to attend to, Tyler Seguin will be stepping in to manage a strong team ready to contend for the playoffs.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At this time, I would like to extend my gratitude to SOB for MVP, Kanucks25, Chimon and BunBun for their hard work in their respective fields so far. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that these four have done a marvelous job thus far and will be looking forward to be working with them in the coming future.

Finally, I'd like for all teams that have AGM positions filled to please post in this thread so that I can update the first post. This is just for the reference for teams during trade deadline when they cannot reach the main GM.

I've also received some questions regarding the cap during the playoffs. In lieu of the upcoming trade deadline, there will be no salary cap restrictions during the playoffs (like the IRL NHL). Adding to this, roster limitations will be increased to 25, +2 from the original 23.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On the topic of the trade deadline, I feel there are a few issues I need to go over:

- When teams are trading for pending UFAs, please do not feel that they will be signing with your team just because you've traded for their services. In cases of players who are loyal to their original teams, they may only act as rentals for the playoff run and not return to your team. Expecting pending free agents to automatically re-sign with your team is naive and the risk of rentals should be put into play.

This message is mainly directed at the two agents - to take the best interests of your clients into account.

- The trade deadline will encompass most of Wednesday, January 18 (tomorrow). I will be online from 3PM - whenever, with multiple breaks in between to answer questions, concerns and supporting the two player agents and trade tracker. The end of the trade deadline will close at 11:59PM of the same day, and no other trades will be processed if submitted past this deadline. If trades talks are ongoing past the cutoff period, the trade tracker will use his best judgment (along with mine) to decide whether particular trades will pass through (depending if we allow a sort of grace period or not).

- With teams defining themselves as "sellers" or "buyers" I urge all GMs to make deals as fair as possible for both sides. Although it has not happened yet, trades are closely monitored. Do not take advantage of your fellow GMs, especially if they are ignorant on a particular player/aspect of the sim league. General Managers who are found consistently taking advantage of others through immoral ways will be warned and reprimanded.

- For teams who have the reputation of repeatedly "flipping players," I advise you to keep an eye out for who you trade, who you trade for, and who you're intending to trade (again). These actions may lead to unsatisfactory results during contract negotiations, clauses being waived, or off-season free agency.

- Keep in mind that although roster restrictions and cap restrictions will be more lenient during the playoffs, that this will not be the case for contracts and cap restrictions before the playoffs. If teams are found not compliant with the restrictions (50 contracts, 64.3/48.3), they will be penalized after the trade deadline.

- Finally, for GMs who need help: ask questions! Most (if not all) of the GMs in the VHL are quality GMs (even if they aren't quality people) who may have hidden insights on the league or fantasy hockey as a whole. If you're learning the ropes, don't be afraid to ask what something means, what they do, or why certain GMs do certain things. Learn to value your players (not overvaluing or undervaluing), and how teams are looking to fill certain roles with certain attributes. All in all, we're all learning here, and it's only fun if we all learn together.

I think I've covered all the bases. I may add onto this when I get home from class, but that should be the gist of it.

With the trade deadline looming, this might be the best time to ask any burning questions, so ask away!

Colorado Avalanche Playoff Roster (Probably)

Landeskog-Duchene-Hejduk

Mueller-O'Reilly-Michalek

Abdelkader-Pahlsson-Purcell

Clark-Fiddler-Kobasew

Yip-Mcleod

Johnson-Hedman

Hejda-Quincey

Elliott-O'Byrne

Martinek

Varlamov

Giguere

Most likely done trading, but will listen to offers improving my bottom 6. Now the focus is on Lake Erie and their Calder Cup run

Signings

small.pngSan Jose Shark's 2009 2nd Round, 43rd Overall pick D William Wrenn has signed a 3-year Entry Level Contract worth 2.25M (0.75M per year).

small.pngSan Jose Shark's 2011 2nd Round, 47th Overall pick F Matt Nieto has signed a 3-year Entry Level Contract worth 2.25M (0.75M per year).

small.png Pending UFA F Dustin Penner has re-signed a 4-year, 19.6M contract extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs (4.9M per year).*

small.png Pending UFA D John-Michael Liles has re-signed a 2-year, 10.5M contract extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs (5.25M per year), including a modified no-trade clause for the duration of the contract.**

small.png Pending RFA G Jonas Gustavsson has re-signed a 1-year, 1.75M contract extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

small.png Pending UFA F Mike Zigomanis has re-signed a 1-year, 0.65M contract extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

small.png Pending UFA F Brad Winchester has re-signed a 1-year, 0.85M contract extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

* With the Toronto Maple Leafs giving up so much to acquire Dustin Penner (Kessel, 2012 LAK 1st, Rights to Oscar Moller), my client decided to reciprocate the their trust by signing a long-term deal with the organization. For a player in his prime, 4 years of security and a high cash incentive was major factor in Dustin's decision to stay in Toronto, even if it may not be ideal for one's Cup aspirations. Dustin looks forward to providing a veteran presence for future Buds and hopes to continue his relatively strong season in the future.

** The decision to stay in Toronto for two more years was no easy decision for my client, John-Michael Liles. Initially wanting to wait until free agency for a Cup contender this off-season, the Leafs showed a strong will to re-sign Liles by conceding to his demands of a lucrative short-term deal that gives my client the right to choose teams he would accept a trade to, should he ever be asked to waive his modified NTC, or ask to be moved himself. If John-Michael does play to the end of his contract, he will only be 33 and still have the fortitude and veteran experience to help any club in the hunt for a playoff spot or the ultimate goal, the Stanley Cup.

Signings

small.png Pending UFA F Dustin Penner has re-signed a 4-year, 19.6M contract extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs (4.9M per year).*

small.png Pending UFA D John-Michael Liles has re-signed a 2-year, 10.5M contract extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs (5.25M per year), including a modified no-trade clause for the duration of the contract.**

This makes absolutely ZERO sense to me.

Toronto has stated it's going through a rebuild which is a long process, and they manage to re-sign two players that are just about out of their prime. You think two players who are at their peek want to be part of a long rebuilding process.

Players like these are the ones that DO go to free agency....

Yeah Chimon is fantastic with negotiations, you should really just shut the hell up unless you deal with him directly. I've dealt with him alot in both of the leagues I am in and have had nothing but a pleasant experience; although I do think he tends to undercut the players he represents occasionally, but I think he'll get alot better with that as things go on, its a learning experience for them too guys; remember, they're doing YOU a favour by being player agents - don't bitch. :P

Yeah Chimon is fantastic with negotiations, you should really just shut the hell up unless you deal with him directly. I've dealt with him alot in both of the leagues I am in and have had nothing but a pleasant experience; although I do think he tends to undercut the players he represents occasionally, but I think he'll get alot better with that as things go on, its a learning experience for them too guys; remember, they're doing YOU a favour by being player agents - don't bitch. :P

Archived