The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Gdt] - Canucks @ Flames - April 5, 2012

canucktican

I wonder if Gillis is kicking his own butt for signing the flopping seal to a no cut contract? :lol: The loss tonight was not a goal tending loss it was the lack of wanting to play hockey by the guys in front of Schneider.

The first two periods the Canucks were out there for a pleasent Saturday evening skate; then, when the Flames turned it on, the sleeping pretty boys could not get back to playing hockey.

You've been watching hockey for 30 years so you are at least 30 years old and this is how you bitch and moan in the forums?

Please, if it drags you down so much that you have no hope for anything and are so disappointed in this team - there are 29 others to cheer for instead. And don't give us the "I'm a loyal fan forever" B.S.

Quit er whining, Nancy. And grow a pair.

I'm fairly new to the GDThreads, but it seems that all the normal, reasonable posters stop posting after the 2nd period?

Guest BuckFoston

So, you've got the Canucks as a guaranteed stanley cup winner then eh? Must be nice to be this blind. I call it the way it is and the way I see it. Always have, always will. When the team plays well, I will praise them. When they don't. Well, they will get my opinion on that too. I hardly expect my team to win every game. Only a complete moron expects this. I also don't expect all the fans to agree with my opinion on things. We each see things differently. So enlighten us please. What exactly did you see from tonight's effort and from the effort from this team in the last several months that has given you such unwaivering blind hopes of a championship? How about didly.

@ Buckfoster.

Ok. nice to know that you are not a completely blind homer. You will have to get used to some of us being rather harsh on the team at times though. We have our own passion for the team and we generally go off on rants when the team is playing brutal hockey or if we really have a beef with the way a player is playing. This is called caring. Wanting to see the best from your team and being totally disappointed with them at teams for lack of effort usually.

The Canucks have me concerned. I would love nothing more then to see the cup hoisted by Henrik this season. But unlke last season where I really believed that could happen. What I have seen in general from the Canucks this year does not cause me to have high hopes. Maybe this is on purpose so that thier fans don't expect it. A way to take the pressure off a bit. We are a hockey freak market and the majority of the fans here know the game very well and know exactly what they are seeing and also know what is a reasonable expectation based on that perception. We have the blind homers who all have the Canucks as cup winners even in non playoff years. The rest of us will comment and critique and for the most part we are telling it the way it is.

Going into the playoffs. I have the Canucks getting through round 1 inspite of the many issues. I have hopes that this warm up round will cause them to find their game. They clearly are not playing at the high standards of last year's team. In fact, their play of late has not been very good. Even when they win, they look bad doing it. I just don't see the Canucks team that can win it all showing up to play right now and i have not seen this for some time now. I believe that this team is there and that this can happen. I definately hope that they find themselves before it is too late

Archived