The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Is There So Much Hate Towards Luongo

Nic JF

I think both Luongo & Schneider are great, unfortunately we can't keep them both. Luongo will most likely ask for a trade. He's driven, he wants a cup, wouldn't it be hilarious if he wins one with his next team? I can totally see this happening, cause it'd be payback for driving another goalie out of town. We truly are a goalie graveyard. Wonder how long it will be before fans turn on Cory?

Because he melts down at the most inopportune time and has such a fragile state of mind. Always thinks the world is out to get him and question his abilities. You think people around the league say Luongo is fragile and inconsistent they're just making stuff up? Remember a few years ago he was voted the players most GM's would build a team around and hyped to death. Ya people hate him for no reason....right.

Ok, if any of you do not hate Lui then you don't have to read.

WHY?

Why do you all hate Luongo?

What has he ever done to us?

Nothing.

Those times in which you say he "melted down", no.

The only reason he "melted down" was because he was the only goalie playing. If Schneids wins today I can guaranty that Lui and Schneids will lead us to the cup.

Anyway, I'm off topic, why do you all hate Luongo? He's never done anything bad to us, or at least not on purpose. So come on, cheer on both of our goalies and GO CANUCKS GO.

He stole game 7 against Chicago for us(and Burrows too)

He stole the Nashville series and the San Jose series.

And then he went on to be the first goalie to ever win two 1-0 games in the SCF.

Pull your head out of your ass.

Lou needs to meet with the press and clear the air... show that he supports Cory , Av and the team !! It looks like he is pouting by staying silent. If hes a team guy like he says he is...he needs to suck it up....and show team loyalty . A hard task but IMO necessary !

Lou needs to meet with the press and clear the air... show that he supports Cory , Av and the team !! It looks like he is pouting by staying silent. If hes a team guy like he says he is...he needs to suck it up....and show team loyalty . A hard task but IMO necessary !

The contract. And my hate isn't personal, it's more at the contract between Gillis and Luongo, but maybe Gillis knows what he's doing. But as a 41 year fan, I took it as a slap in the face as a Schneider/Auld fan.(Nonis as well as I couldn't stand that trade)

There is a reason why Vancouver is known as the goalie graveyard. Look at how we treated our goalies in the past so far. The fans here are starved for a Stanley cup so when things go bad they usually blame the goalie. I wonder how long it will be before we give Schnieder the same treatment

I think keeping Schneider and moving Luongo is the right move. If Luongo's already being bashed this much now, I don't think he'd be able to live up with it for the next 10 years. I think everybody can agree that he's emotionally weak and it's just going to make matters worse because if we stick with him and trade Schneider, Luongo will probably be gone in a few years after that too. Luongo deserves and needs a change of scenery, and I think Tampa, Florida, Toronto, and New Jersey(if Brodeur retires) would all be options if Canucks officially made Luongo available.

Archived