The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If we go into next season.............

Bodee

this would be nice...

Trade: Luongo and Raymond for Weiss and Theodore

(wont ever happen, Weiss is practically untouchable + NMC/NTC on both)(Thomas Kopensky?)

Acquire: Doan (or anyone to play that top 6 role for 3-5 million

Leaves us about 2 mil to play with to grab some defensive depth.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($4.550m)

Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Stephen Weiss ($3.100m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)

Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Jose Theodore ($1.500m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,095,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,105,000

Let's say we get weber next year in free agency I think the least that he would sign for and that's a long shot is 6.5 but i dont think thats enough if we get him I see us signing him between 7 -7.5 mil range 7 or 8 year deal which I don't see happening cause gillis said that no one gets paid more than the sedins he could sign for 7mil cause of the hometown factor cause lets face it he could easily make 7.5 to 8 mil on the open market the only way I see weber playing here is if he takes a massive discount for like 6 million a year that I would do but the problem is weber wont because he"s worth way more than that and that's why I see him not coming here.

this would be nice...

Trade: Luongo and Raymond for Weiss and Theodore

(wont ever happen, Weiss is practically untouchable + NMC/NTC on both)(Thomas Kopensky?)

Acquire: Doan (or anyone to play that top 6 role for 3-5 million

Leaves us about 2 mil to play with to grab some defensive depth.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($4.550m)

Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Stephen Weiss ($3.100m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)

Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Jose Theodore ($1.500m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,095,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,105,000

To start off with I would pursuing Shane Doan hard, if the Canucks succeed in signing him then they should acquire key pieces in the Luongo trade.

Van: Roberto Luongo

Fla: Marcel Goc, Jose Theodore, Quentin Howden, 2013 1st or 2nd Round Pick

The Doan contract should be for 3 years @ 14 million. With a NTC for the first year.

We could go out and sign Peter Mueller to a 1 year deal at 1 million, he could fill in for Kesler.

Re-sign Weise for 750k.

Sign Kurtis Foster to 1 year deal worth 1.35 million.

Alberts needs to be moved to a desperate team for a 7th round pick or something, he is a huge pylon. Tanev has proven he can play, take a look at his plus/minus (regular season and playoffs). Then look at Alberts, not as good with the puck, slower, not very physical. Sat out this years playoffs and was a -8 in the run to the finals. The speedy forwards on Chicago and Boston made him look stupid. Don't see how you could sit out Tanev for that guy!

Also, he has a cap hit of 1,225,000

Move Alberts to make cap room!

Part of the problem as I see it is we have a top line which despite Burr's best efforts gets bullied in the playoffs. Now Kassin 3 years down the line may be the answer but he is not the answer now. We need to:-

Either bring in a hefty beast, like Clowe (this guy handed Parros his ass in a sling) to replace Daniel (onto 2nd line) or some one like Doan to replace Burr (onto 2nd line) Either of these moves (or similar players) would take the heat off the 1st line..........especially if we could also put someone like Weber on the first line D.

In my view however, that would not be enough. In either one of the above scenarios the other acquisition is still required on the 2nd line for the same reason. So if Daniel is replaced by Clowe then the 2nd line RW has Doan on it. If Burrows is replaced by Doan then the 2nd line LW has Clowe on it.

We need someone on hand on each line........defence and attack who can "push back" so the 3rd would see Higgins and Hansen get Kassian/Bitz/Weise (I'm no fan of Bitz though) and the 4th would see Lapierre and Manny get Volpatti.

I'm actually fine with our D right now... It would be preferable to acquire another No.5-6 D-man, but that can be addressed later on before the trade deadline... However, if we could add a piece, I'd be all for it... if not, I think our current healthy D are solid...

Let's say we get weber next year in free agency I think the least that he would sign for and that's a long shot is 6.5 but i dont think thats enough if we get him I see us signing him between 7 -7.5 mil range 7 or 8 year deal which I don't see happening cause gillis said that no one gets paid more than the sedins he could sign for 7mil cause of the hometown factor cause lets face it he could easily make 7.5 to 8 mil on the open market the only way I see weber playing here is if he takes a massive discount for like 6 million a year that I would do but the problem is weber wont because he"s worth way more than that and that's why I see him not coming here.

Our team is o/a lacking in push back. We are NOT soft in a playing sense, we just don't seem to have the ability to make teams respect us. Oh sure they probably admire the Sedins and our o/a play but in how many dressing rooms do they say "Just bully them, apart from Bieksa, they have no come back"

Archived