The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

This is his first big contract. Ring or not, he deserves it. His career could end tommorow you just never know.

Peyton is in his late years. He's trying to be one of the greats. Plus it's not like he took a massive paycut or anything.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. I don't begrudge him the money that he signed for, he just crippled his team in doing so.

If that's your preference and somebody is willing to give it to you, then there's nothing wrong with getting the money. He fulfilled his dream at the beginning of his career. Now Seattle just needs to draft well.

I think he's both. He's riding off of his very hot start so he's cashing in right now when it's probably his only chance at a big time contract. At the same time, Seattle treated him fairly and allowed him to become the QB he is today so in that sense, he loves the city and the fans for allowing him to flourish.

Can't blame a guy for getting what he can. If they're (front office) willing to hurt their cap, then it's not his fault. Right now there are too few good QBs. Supply and demand. The supply is low and the demand is high.

When you are looking at how much it actually will "cripple the team", you should look at his cap hit.

( ~ 7M - 18.5M - 18.8M - 21.7M - 23.2M) is pretty similar to the Jay Cutlers 17M (2016), Tony Romo's 20M (2016), Carson Palmer 7M-17M-20M-20M

Cam Newton's is very similar. 13M-19.5M-20M-21.5M-23M-21M

Now compare that to Drew Brees 26M-27M (2016-17) and another guy who cashed in after a superbowl Joe Flacco 28.5M-31M-24.7M

Another thing you have to consider is that guys like Brady and Peyton made their money and are still playing almost solely for their hunger to win and their legacies.

I feel like some of you guys are just writing your own narrative based on your dislike for Seattle.

Sources:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/russell-wilson/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/2016/cap-hit/quarterback/

When you are looking at how much it actually will "cripple the team", you should look at his cap hit.

( ~ 7M - 18.5M - 18.8M - 21.7M - 23.2M) is pretty similar to the Jay Cutlers 17M (2016), Tony Romo's 20M (2016), Carson Palmer 7M-17M-20M-20M

Cam Newton's is very similar. 13M-19.5M-20M-21.5M-23M-21M

Now compare that to Drew Brees 26M-27M (2016-17) and another guy who cashed in after a superbowl Joe Flacco 28.5M-31M-24.7M

Another thing you have to consider is that guys like Brady and Peyton made their money and are still playing almost solely for their hunger to win and their legacies.

I feel like some of you guys are just writing your own narrative based on your dislike for Seattle.

Sources:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/russell-wilson/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/2016/cap-hit/quarterback/

Way to lie bruh! Flacco's cap hit will really spike next year, and it's expected he'll rework the contract to lower the cap hit. 14 mill cap hit this year.

Same with Brees. Big Ben did the same this year.

Way to lie bruh! Flacco's cap hit will really spike next year, and it's expected he'll rework the contract to lower the cap hit. 14 mill cap hit this year.

Same with Brees. Big Ben did the same this year.

Even if they do, Wilson's cap hit is right in line with the other guys.

You really say bruh unironically?

Edited by Crom!

Also Brandon Boykin traded by Eagles to the Steelers for a 5th round pick.

Was one of the few decent corners last year. He was a good slot guy but apparently they didn't think he would be able to match up against the mostly bigger receivers on the outside.

Chip doesn't like his corners any smaller than 5 foot 11 I guess.

The off-season purge continues.

Kendricks is next most likely on the chopping block Eagles have depth at inside linebacker now and in the secondary.

When I say depth I don't mean in terms of talent but rather the sheer amount of bodies they have to fill the backup positions.

Walter Thurmond converting from slot corner to safety in a Tyrann Mathieu like role as center fielder.

I find it interesting the 2 best coaches in the leauge Belichick and Caroll signed ex Eagles dbs Bradley Fletcher and Cary Williams.

Maybe they think surrounded by a better scheme and talent that those players will actually be very solid.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Chancellor is the highest paid SS. What more does he want.

It has more do with how the contract is structured. I think it was something like his cap hit in the final years of the deal is really high so it would be easy for the Seahawks to cut him if he had a down year this year or got hurt for an extended period of time.

Essentially his guaranteed money is done and there is nothing left for the remaining 2 years on his deal.

He obviously thinks he should be paid along with Thomas as a top 5 S overall not just for strong safeties.

Sherman said he supports his move because he does not get talked about as much as Thomas or Sherman for being a key part of the secondary and defence in general.

Plus with Thomas questionable to start the year he is trying to put a little pressure on Seattle like Marshawn Lynch did last year and show that the defence would be really affected without their top 2 safeties back there providing that support and confidence for the corners in the pass game and linebackers in the run game to play aggressively and know they have backup.

Chancellor is a rare safety who has the size and speed to cover Jumbo WR's and TE's in the modern game.

He can stuff the run like a linebacker and is still athletic enough to keep up with receivers and running backs in space.

One of the keys probably in the Super Bowl win was Chancellor playing injured so they couldn't use him to cover Gronkowski and instead KJ Wright got burned for a big td.

Edited by Chip Kelly

So just curious are you guys buying the Chip doesn't like black players culture/ can't relate to them talk?

Boykin brought it up again and said Chip felt uncomfortable among a group of black players.

Lot of smoke has to be some truth to it. Could just be sour grapes that Riley Cooper is still not gone while all the outspoken black players got cut already.

I found it interesting Chip says he won't trade Mychal Kendricks not yet at the very least considering Eagles have depth at inside linebacker the same way they had depth at corner now.

So just curious are you guys buying the Chip doesn't like black players culture/ can't relate to them talk?

Boykin brought it up again and said Chip felt uncomfortable among a group of black players.

Lot of smoke has to be some truth to it. Could just be sour grapes that Riley Cooper is still not gone while all the outspoken black players got cut already.

I found it interesting Chip says he won't trade Mychal Kendricks not yet at the very least considering Eagles have depth at inside linebacker the same way they had depth at corner now.

Seems like Chip doesn't want outspoken guys on his team. He wants his player's to not question anything. Chip seems like a d-bag to me.

Only reason Cooper wasn't cut was cause of his new contract. It would make no sense.

I'm not really buying it. I mean it Boykin is the first person to say this about Kelly. Nobody at UO said anything about it so I'm not sure. I think he is just pissed that some of his buddy's got cut and he got traded

Just because a lot of people jump on something doesn't mean it's true. Once upon a time people killed each other for being witches.

The race card being played is stupid. Chip hasn't said or done anything that could be taken as racist. All he did was get rid of a bunch of players then Stephen A. Smith concluded the only logical explanation was that Chip was racist for cutting black players and not Riley Cooper. Then McCoy jumped on the bandwagon then Tra Thomas and now Boykin is.

The flaw in this is that logic is stupid and riddled with holes.

Riley Cooper wasn't cut because he was signed to a large deal the previous year before Chip Kelly ever had control over the roster. His contract still being new would actually cost the Eagles more money against the cap if they cut him. It is literally cheaper to keep him on the roster another year. People also forget he was in Chip's doghouse most of last season.

In addition Chip didn't just cut black players.

Nick Foles: Confirmed White

nick-foles-look2.jpg

Todd Herremans: Confirmed White

092314-todd-herremans-600.jpg

Evan Mathis: Confirmed White

Evan-Mathis-released-06-11-15.png

James Casey: Confirmed White

20130930_hcs_sy4_105_0.jpg

Todd Herreman's remarked on it himself..

“I feel he is equally racist to all races … which I guess would make him … not racist,” Herremans wrote.

In addition it isn't like Chip is replacing all these black athletes with white ones. 5 of the 6 drafted players the Eagles took were black. Murray is Black. Mathews is half black. Gore who they tried to sign was black. Maxwell is black. Thurmond is black. etc etc.

I don't see it as a problem with black culture. Keep in mind their are also still black players on the team who have "black culture" and everyone he released was given a specific reason. The better players like McCoy it was style related. The same reason Foles is gone.

Here is Chip Kelly not bonding with black culture man Jason Peters

FrequentAromaticAmericanshorthair.gif

The whole situation is stupid with a few butthurt former players still mad they weren't wanted.

• Upvote 1