The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smokers..

nux4lyfe

Pretty sure here in NC it isn't. Gas stations all over the place here have ashcans and cigarette butt receptacles just outside the door. I'm not in BC or Canada so I could care less what the law is there. I was merely making a point via the magic of imagination. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I forwarded this complaint to the management company for Metropolis at Metrotown via email:

On Sunday afternoon around 4 pm I was near the SuperStore/Chapters/Theatre entrance and there was a young mother with two young children with smokers all over the place contrary to your signage - "No Smoking on Plaza". The mother asked several smokers to move away from her children as they were blowing smoke virtually in the faces of the children. All she received was profanity laced abuse and threats.

I intervened and also received abuse and threats.

I tried to find a security guard in the area without success.

If you are not going to enforce your No Smoking rules then why bother to post them?

I received this response:

Thanks for your email and for bringing this incident to our attention. We are very truly sorry that you were treated this way by smokers breaking our policies. We are frustrated by those individuals that continuously challenge the rules and regulations of the property by smoking in prohibited areas. We have taken a number of measures to try and reduce smoking at entrances including more signage, designated smoking areas far away from the doors and increased security patrols. Enforcing the no smoking regulations is challenging but we do take it very seriously and continue to explore ways to achieve compliance. I apologize that you have to experience this when you visit our property and we will work harder at enforcing the regulations.

Thanks again for your email. I appreciate your feedback.

The key thing is to complain and keep doing so.

Archived