The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Taking a break from work so my thoughts on Canucks

Cancuker

I think this team has missed it's window of opportunity for a cup. They've always had a solid team during the season, yet always missing that extra factor in the playoffs. Previous years the team was lucky with injuries, sure we had Salo who injured himself putting skates on. A random Kesler injury here or there but overall have been pretty lucky in regards to injuries.

The management has always been scared to pull the trigger when needed to. Time and time again the decisions made for trades/callups have been totally atrocious. The first line has been the only one that was consistantly the same, younger players not ever given a chance to put good time in.

They'd rather rehash older players and give them the time because the younger guys don't have experience. Ever thought of giving it to them? Let's pay Edler big money but not Ernhoff, let's give Wellwood ice time over a younger player, etc etc. This place is like a graveyard for rookies and minor league players. Why would you trade Hodgson (ya I went there) before the playoffs. Letting go of Grabner (Ya I went there too) and watching them play great. Bottom line, development sucks, hence the reason we have Ebbett centering the second line currently.

Some sort of move has to happen, when will management realize that you can't just coast anymore. This time injuries have played a part in your season and aren't able to come up with solutions. The whole Scheinder/Luongo fiasco should of been taken care of last year. Am I the only one who doesn't care if you don't get fair market value for Luongo? I'm not saying I'm pro Luo or Corey, just figure out what you want to do already and pull the trigger. Pick a goalie to trade and finally do something for once.

Either way, I don't think anyone can argue with me that this team is getting farther and farther away from a cup. Does AV do anything besides chewing gum on the bench? Even during timeout's it's the assistants doing most of the talking.

Thanks for reading

Archived