The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need to hold hearing with refs

Matt_T83

Ok that is just f# retarded.

Please explain to me how he could have picked the puck up off the ice and thrown it, without closing his hand on it.

Maybe he had duct tape, or glue on the inside of his palm so the puck would somehow magically stay in place while he did so?

some of you people..... :picard::rolleyes:

Now I've heard everything. A hearing????? Why, because some tinfoil donning Canuck fans think the refs are out to get their team? Suck it up and quit whinning. We lost because we're not good enough....that's it. Jeez, with these posts, it's no wonder we're looked upon as a joke of a fan base.

Anyone else find it odd that the last 4 canadian teams to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, just folded and rolled over in the years following that? Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. Ottawa and Vancouver at least?

All canadian teams that make it to the finals are then doomed to oblivion! The Canucks only made the playoffs cause they were in the weak northwest.

Somebody please prove me wrong. This strengthens my opionion that the NHL under bettman manages the league to ensure american success. But tease the canadian teams to ensure the canadian dollars keep rollling in.

I posted this in another thread, but seems appropriate here as well:

Everybody wants Gillis to spew venom regarding the reffing, yet when Gillis himself ranted prior to game 7 of the Black Hawks series in 2011, we never heard the end of it for the next to year with everyone (Flames, Oilers and Leafs fans) on these boards complaining and it solidified the Canucks and Canuck Nation's reputation as a bunch whiners and snivelers.

Vancouver Canucks general manager Mike Gillis has been fined an undisclosed amount for his comments regarding the officiating prior to Game 7 with the Chicago Blackhawks. After the Canucks lost three straight games to the Blackahwks to even their series, Gillis addressed the media to outline his isuues with the disparity in penalty calls in the series.

"I'm not sure how you explain that discrepancy, but we're going to be very hard-pressed to win hockey games if throughout the entire series, when the score is tight, they get 75 per cent more power plays than we do," Gillis said Monday. "That's the facts we are facing."

It's just the same crap, different year. Might have been cathartic for Burkie when he pulled the old "Sedin is not Swedish for punch me or headlock me in a scrum" beauty or for Gillis in that Hawks series, but who exactly did ranting against the reffing then help? Obviously not the Canucks or we wouldn't be here complaining about it yet again.

The solution to changing the officiating bias isn't to continue to whine and embarrass the officials. I hope Gillis just lets it die, and if he's asked about it today, that he just takes the high road.

Archived