The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need to hold hearing with refs

Matt_T83

What I want to know in all this is WHERE IS MIKE?

Burke, Quinn, Keenan heck even Nonis probably would have said something,

Gillis just sits on his hands.

was he even in San Jose last night? I don't recall even a shot of him in the arena.

anyone who watched the reffing since the 2011 cup run would not be suprise to see this type of reffing this year.

It just becomes more obvious that the league is getting more and more like the WWF because people will pay and forget about any bad officiating each year.

Remember how the Sedins got abuse after the wristle in 2011? Remember how Rome got the longest playoff suspension but the Bruins got nothing after pushing Raymond for 3 meters and broke his back?

Look at the winner of the Stanley cup in the last few years. They were ALL big sport cities in the State. If you watch closely to those games, you will find that they got away with a lot of the calls than canadian teams.

The offense from this team has been crap. But I did notice that Thornton slash where he got slashed on his hand high side of the stick yet he takes his other hand and starts shaking it while whining very loudly, & the refs called this garbage penalty. Come on!!!!!!

Was it Couture who threw the puck 40 feet away and the refs didn't call this yet they call Henrik gloving away a puck off the faceoff when he clearly had both hands on the stick. Come onnnn!!!!

The reffing for this series alone is off the charts in such a bad way.

the bias isn't team base.. it's market base... Canadian and small usa market had put up with a lot of this type of abuses since Bettman took over. Big hockey market such as the Bruins or Chicago can hand out a lot more abuse than other small market teams in the playoff. Remember the game 7 in the bruins/tempa bay series 2 years ago where 0 penalty had given out?

the whole officiating in the NHL right now is like the pre-gambling incident of the NBA. Refs can give out phantom calls and non calls to shape the outcome of the game in favor of the more favourable market.

It's been going on for the past 5 years.

The Boston series in 2011 was bought and sold.

NHL discipline head was linked by marriage to the Boston owner.

Any series set in the US will have bias, UNLESS the team playing is Toronto, because Toronto has more pull with the owners.

It's all a function of who is making money and who has influence in the owner's group.

All major professional sports are corrupt, do you think FIFA is an exception?

Oh no! Please mister whiner guy, don't beat the crap out of me! What period were these 12+ cross checks in? I must have missed them. Anyway, bottom line is Canucks are down 3-0, because they can't score, not because of the reffing. Of course, it's much easier to think that your team got a ref job than admitting there's something wrong with its core.

So you admit that the deal I proposed to you is a crap one? Because I have a thousand dollars here that says you know it's a raw deal. Why don't you just concede that your opinion is that of an internet tough guy who thinks 230 lb men using hockey sticks like melee weapons behind the play shouldn't take a toll on one's ability to win? Crosschecks don't look so bad when you're in your laz-e-boy covered in Doritos dust, do they? But yeah, I'm the one being an antagonistic tough guy because I say something radical like pieces of lumber hurt. :rolleyes:

Please go cheer for another team. I'm sure you think you're a huge fan but please, you disgrace this fanbase with your ignorance.

We all know, I think, that ultimately the NHL is first and foremost "a business". We as fans, as with any business, invest our time and money into said business by our watching on TV, listening on the radio or by the most devoted fans, attending games. As a fan of any of the mediums that I've mentioned we have a right to expect to be entertained by a fair contest, or at least as fair as one can give. I feel that the current situation in the NHL, especially within the referee and disciplinary camps has reduced what was once the greatest game in North America, to nothing more than a pre-determined show. If were gonna settle for this kind of garbage, we might as well hire Vince McMann for league president. Now there's a guy that knows how to stage a show. If you want to get the Americans into it, perhaps stop the game and get one player from each team to take a microphone and trash talk each other like they do in the WWE. Oh what the hey, bring back the illuminated puck. It was good for a laugh, you have to admit that. If your gonna have the outcome of games allready decided by a bunch of hockey wannabees (referees), or their controlling interest, then at least give us something for our money.................

If your really want to make a strike against the attrocius reffing that canadian teams are being subjected to, then hit them in the pocket book. Don't buy beer or hot dogs or anything at games, for the tv and radio viewers, don't buy any products that are advertised during the games. If bettmans' worried about revenue, then that should get his attention. If products are being advertised during something that you knew was a sham, would you buy that product? Treat the advertisers like the refs treat us, then canadian teams won't be able to subsidize the weak american teams anymore. See if that's in bettmans plan........................

Archived