The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Flames dealing Tanguay and Sarich to Avs for Jones and O'Brien... interesting.

Avs win that one big time. Tanguay will be motivated to end his career on a high note where he scored a Stanley Cup GWG and Sarich is a steady dman. Jones is overpaid and SOB is SOB :P

Avs win that one big time. Tanguay will be motivated to end his career on a high note where he scored a Stanley Cup GWG and Sarich is a steady dman. Jones is overpaid and SOB is SOB :P

I dunno...

Jones overpaid, especially for last year, but the 2 previous years he was a 20 goal+, 35-40 point guy. If he gets to that level, still overpaid, but not by much. For all the flak Shane O'Brien gets, there were some stretches where he was the best defenceman on the Canucks, on a winning team. He's a decent defenceman and for $2 million a year, a solid addition, especially to Calgary where they could really use a guy like him.

I dunno...

Jones overpaid, especially for last year, but the 2 previous years he was a 20 goal+, 35-40 point guy. If he gets to that level, still overpaid, but not by much. For all the flak Shane O'Brien gets, there were some stretches where he was the best defenceman on the Canucks, on a winning team. He's a decent defenceman and for $2 million a year, a solid addition, especially to Calgary where they could really use a guy like him.

I agree, that's why as even as the trade was I will have to give the edge to Calgary, ever so slightly.

I think Tanguay had to go in Calgary. He is a great two way player who will be 34 years old in November with three years left on a hard to move contract, limited NTC. 3.5m cap hit for him at age 36 might be a stretch for a guy whose plus minus and minutes on the ice are in decline. Moving him while he has value is a great option, glad they did it. Plus this leaves more roster room for Backlund.

Dates To Remember

1st Buyout window - June 18-25, 2013

CDCGML 2014 Entry Draft - June 20, 2013 @ 5:00pm Pacific Time

Deadline to file for Arbitration - June 22, 2013 @ 5:00pm Pacific Time

Deadline to qualify pending RFAs - June 25, 2013 @ 5:00pm Pacific Time

Deadline to sign pending UFAs - June 25, 2013 @ 5:00pm Pacific Time

Initial Offer Phase of Free Agency - July 1, 2013

Free Agency Negotiations Open - July 5, 2013

2nd Buyout window - September 23-30, 2013

Start of Initial Contract Extension Discussions - February 1, 2014

Trade Deadline - TBA (Same day as NHLs, 8:00pm Pacific Time)

Full Contract Extension Negotiations Open - March 15, 2014

Deadline to sign 2012 draft selections - June 15, 2014 5:00pm Pacific Time

So anyone on the UFA/RFA lists as of say tomorrow morning, is a bonafide UFA or RFA open to receiving offers in the new month, right?

I don't want to lose a draft pick for tampering if i fire in an offer, and followup question, the offers may come in at 2 minutes after midnight in the first, but if say they come in at noon on the 3rd, they would get just as much weight as if they came in at the top of the new month?

So anyone on the UFA/RFA lists as of say tomorrow morning, is a bonafide UFA or RFA open to receiving offers in the new month, right?

I don't want to lose a draft pick for tampering if i fire in an offer, and followup question, the offers may come in at 2 minutes after midnight in the first, but if say they come in at noon on the 3rd, they would get just as much weight as if they came in at the top of the new month?

Anyone still listed on those charts as of right now will either be a Restricted Free Agent if they are in italics, or an Unrestricted Free Agent and teams can send their offers in beginning at midnight on July 1st. All offers carry the same weight, so if one team sends it in at 12:01am and another team sends theirs in at 3:30pm, it's not going to give anyone an advantage.

Do NOT expect any responses. Those will start coming on the 5th.

Thank you, the Rangers have been hard at work paring down the talent and making critical decisions that may affect who is signed heading into next offseason. Months of working on the minutia of a deep, talented cap compliant roster: time sink. Starting to work on the big picture with some UFA/RFA money: priceless.

REPORT: Sources confirm that Dennis Seidenberg has hired Mike Vanderhoek of the Vanderhoek Association as his representative.

v-logo.jpg

holy seids

sadly to expensive for our organisation ..would have been fine to have him on the side of the hoff

would have been better if his contract has been expired next season while bouw is heading into free agency next year :)

Archived