The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

SIGNING: The Detroit Red Wings have signed unrestricted free agent forward Chris Higgins to a three year deal.

Chris Higgins: 3 years, $ 10.0 million dollar contract ( $ 3,333,333.00 per season ).

* deal includes full no-movement-clause for the duration of the deal.

v-logo.jpg

A few notes from last season that are worth repeating...

1. League executive team

The members of the league executive team were put in place to help lighten my load and ensure my wife doesn't file for divorce. They are volunteers, contributing their time and effort to help make this game the best one on CDC. You will not always agree with them. Heck, we don't always agree with each other. But they are to be respected at all times. Abusive, disrespectful attitudes and harassment towards the agents or the league as a whole will NOT be tolerated, and from this point on will result in IMMEDIATE dismissal, no exceptions. If you disagree with a players refusal to waive a NTC, or didn't sign that player you wanted, please remain professional about it and move on to your next plan. It happens to all of us. But directing your frustration in an inappropriate manner towards the executives will not be tolerated. If you can't control yourself, perhaps this isn't the place for you. We're here to have fun, it's still just a game.

2. Player issues regarding ice time

There have been a number of these issues brought up to various teams around the league. While some have corrected these issues, or are taking strides to correct them in a timely manner, others continue to draw things out and/or make excuses and argue the with the players position. This post serves notice that if a player request, be it for more ice time, to be moved, etc. is not addressed within a reasonable timeframe, the player will hold out, taking up a roster spot but not collecting any points for your club until the situation is dealt with. Thankfully, no situation has come to that yet, but a few may be getting close. If that happens, it will be posted in the thread. Once things go public, don't expect to get the same value you would have before. It's in your best interest to keep on top of those situations. Everyone likes to complain about parity in this league, how there are some powerhouse teams and some that might have a tough time beating an OHL roster. We are trying to address this issue through greater enforcement of a rule that has been in place since day one, leaving it up to the GMs to improve and stay on top of managing their roster while still nudging things towards a more balanced league. If everyone cooperates, things will be much easier, and won't take away from the game at all, but add to it.

SIGNING: The Detroit Red Wings have signed unrestricted free agent forward Chris Higgins to a three year deal.

Chris Higgins: 3 years, $ 10.0 million dollar contract ( $ 3,333,333.00 per season ).

* deal includes full no-movement-clause for the duration of the deal.

v-logo.jpg

good that the wings are not longer in our division..would have been bad blood i guess...good luck there for chris though

Hey all, I am heading over to Vancouver Island for the weekend for a little vacation. I hope to have internet there but no guarantees.

Thanks,

Nail

Sounds nice, I will be sitting on my deck having some ice cold beverages, with the BBQ grilling away, while overlooking Vancouver Island as I do most evenings this summer...lol

My life is a vacation B) and I have internet with a view ;)

Sounds nice, I will be sitting on my deck having some ice cold beverages, with the BBQ grilling away, while overlooking Vancouver Island as I do most evenings this summer...lol

My life is a vacation B) and I have internet with a view ;)

Guessing you live somewhere on the North Shore?

Hotels have wifi too :P

Guessing you live somewhere on the North Shore?

Hotels have wifi too :P

The North Shore of Van is like a sacred site to MTB riders such as myself , I was taken there in 97 place blew my mind , I came home to Aus and started building trails

This is the trail that my friends and I have spent the last 6 years building , it is constantly evolving

SIGNING: The St.Louis Blues have signed unrestricted free agent forward Brenden Morrow to a four year deal.

Brenden Morrow: 4 years, $ 14.0 million dollar contract ( $ 3,500,000.00 per season ).

* deal includes full no-trade-clause for the duration of the contract.

v-logo.jpg

Archived