The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] 4 Teams Interested in Edler

J529

I could see a deal with philly with the centre pieces being couturier for edler

To Philly: Edler, Schroeder Hansen

To Van: Couturier, Simmonds / Grossman, 1st or 2nd

If its simmonds then pick becomes a second if its grossman its a 1st

Schroeder gives philly a replacement centre for Couturier and his contract might be a bit less than Couturiers then depending on cap hits Hansen replaces simmonds giving them an extremely hardworking player for the 3rd line while edler bolsters their somewhat weak d core. If they elect to give grossman + 1st then potential for a good pick if mason melts down and salary wise canucks fill 2 holes with roughly the same cap hit as edler leaving them able to sign a decent top 6 replacement and add some solid veteran 6th / 7th dman.

Id love parros ( if ufa) for the 4th line and hansens vacancy opens the door for nystrom on the third giving Vancouver grit throughout the lineup.

Iam also wondering if a blockbuster could be had with the rangers

Edler + for Del Zotto Boyle & JT Miller

I know that probably has to many moving parts but could really fillout the roster that way as well

Edler package to...

TB for 1st 2015 (Connor McDavid draft year) + Connelly + Koekkoek

PHI for 1st 2015 (Connor McDavid draft year) + Couterier + Grossman

OTT for 1st 2015 (Connor McDavid draft year) + Neil + Ceci

EDM for 1st 2015 (Connor McDavid draft year) + Yakupov + Musil

Meh...wishful thinking.

:)

If Edler lived up to his potential on a yearly basis, I would NEVER trade him. But he just isn't that guy, so I'm interested in seeing what he may be moved for.

I don't know enough to suggest what we could get, but I hope it would be a legit, young forward, to start.

I could see a deal with philly with the centre pieces being couturier for edler

To Philly: Edler, Schroeder Hansen

To Van: Couturier,  Simmonds / Grossman, 1st or 2nd

If its simmonds then pick becomes a second if its grossman its a 1st

Schroeder gives philly a replacement centre for Couturier and his contract might be a bit less than Couturiers then depending on cap hits Hansen replaces simmonds giving them an extremely hardworking player for the 3rd line while edler bolsters their somewhat weak d core. If they elect to give grossman + 1st then potential for a good pick if mason melts down and salary wise canucks fill 2 holes with roughly the same cap hit as edler leaving them able to sign a decent top 6 replacement and add some solid veteran 6th / 7th dman.

Id love parros ( if ufa) for the 4th line and hansens vacancy opens the door for nystrom on the third giving Vancouver grit throughout the lineup.

Iam also wondering if a blockbuster could be had with the rangers

Edler + for Del Zotto Boyle & JT Miller

I know that probably has to many moving parts but could really fillout the roster that way as well

Archived