The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT 2-1 loss to Preds

Ryan kesler the beast

the blind cheerleaders will find any excuse they can for this team when it is plain and simply playing like crap

Bigger question: are they playing like crap or this is really just as good as they are? Like crap to me would imply they are playing below their abilities. I am not so sure anymore.

Missed my first game this season last night ...did put on a killer thrash show tho at a venue with no tv's..... Just finished the PVR .... KASS great game... Why he isn't utilized more when he seems to be the only guy on his game lately is just bizarro world....no 1st pp time... No overtime chances.... No linemate to finish off his dishes that doesn't possess hands of stone.... I understand they're preaching patience with him but geez we could use some offensive help right now instead of a snake bitten overplayed top two lines....

In other news...

Please remove hammer from the pp.....

Welcome back Stanton !

And if they are playing like crap. What the hell are you going to say that is going to make them play better? Hmmm. Thats what I fawking thought.

I always laugh when people talk about bag skating or benching stars. Humilitating struggling professionals isn't going to somehow magically make them play better. They know they are playing like crap and don't need someone to tell them that. Or, that is simply as good as they are. What the coaching staff needs to do is build/rebuild the system around the players to maximise their success. Is that happening under the current coaching scheme? Hmm...sometimes, but often not.

Well Gaborik, lets not get carried away.

Lets make this a little bold, so I will ask, do you see any Canucks players in the top 30 for points?

Answer is nope...

How about top 30 for goals scored?

Answer is nope... I see Martin St. Louis 5'8" with 25 goals scored at 38 years old and not playing with Stamkos...

I for one am very tired of all the excuses from this team... just get it done and win some games against some meaningful teams.

Lets make this a little bold, so I will ask, do you see any Canucks players in the top 30 for points?

Answer is nope...

How about top 30 for goals scored?

Answer is nope... I see Martin St. Louis 5'8" with 25 goals scored at 38 years old and not playing with Stamkos...

I for one am very tired of all the excuses from this team... just get it done and win some games against some meaningful teams.

Boston doesn't either. Are they a bad team too then? And St Louis is an extremely skilled player that was good even before Stamkos. Stop kidding yourself.

Edit. Blues have steen who is having a career year if im not mistaken as the only one in the top 30.

Boston doesn't either. Are they a bad team too then? And St Louis is an extremely skilled player that was good even before Stamkos. Stop kidding yourself.

Edit. Blues have steen who is having a career year if im not mistaken as the only one in the top 30.

and yet they're still averaging almost half a goal per game more than we are...

and the Blues have 43 more goals than we do, so they're still getting more production from their guys overall even if Steen is the only one in the top 30.

Injuries suck, but if we can't win without a few people in our lineup, we're never going to. Injuries happen. Our production cannot afford to be that fragile!

We're not winning because we're 22nd in the league for G/G (2.44). Our scoring problem has just continued from the last season. In fact, our scoring was better last season (2.54). Here's hoping they can figure it out soon and the hockey gods will finally, finally let poor Burr get a goal and that will open the flood gates.

Go, Canucks, go! Get Points for Torts!

We got 8 goals in past 7 games... at least most players on Boston's rooster can drive to the net and put one in... that goes the same for St Louis..

Now by your statement above "And St Louis is an extremely skilled player that was good even before Stamkos. Stop kidding yourself." it would either indicate the Sedins are not good players or they can't play witout eachother because they are not producing on a top line.... who's kidding who here?

Wake up and smell the bull****... we got shut down in 7 games by a a goon team with the help of zebras followed by two exits during the last two playoffis, one in 5 games and sweep last year due to the same issue which has been haunting us for years, lack of scoring and we got the so called "skilled players" ...

Injuries suck, but if we can't win without a few people in our lineup, we're never going to. Injuries happen. Our production cannot afford to be that fragile!

We're not winning because we're 22nd in the league for G/G (2.44). Our scoring problem has just continued from the last season. In fact, our scoring was better last season (2.54). Here's hoping they can figure it out soon and the hockey gods will finally, finally let poor Burr get a goal and that will open the flood gates.

Go, Canucks, go! Get Points for Torts!

The goals will come for Burr. I'd bet my life on it.

He's all heart all effort.

Problem is that he's evidently rusty and doesn't have the strength he usually has. Once he regains strength hell light the lamp.

Lord knows where else we'll get goals from... to be honest I was extremely disappointed with daniel last night. I'm 100% convinced he's saving it for the Olympics.

The talent him and hank have doesn't just dissappear.

The goals will come for Burr. I'd bet my life on it.

He's all heart all effort.

Problem is that he's evidently rusty and doesn't have the strength he usually has. Once he regains strength hell light the lamp.

Lord knows where else we'll get goals from... to be honest I was extremely disappointed with daniel last night. I'm 100% convinced he's saving it for the Olympics.

The talent him and hank have doesn't just dissappear.

I agree about Burr playing with all heart. He doesn't know any other way. Even not scoring, he's an asset on the ice. He's always hounding the puck. Like Kes, he often draws more than one guy's attention in front of the net, freeing up someone else to score. And last night he was doing great controlling the PP. I'm sure he is a little rusty, though I haven't seen any evidence of his lacking his usual strength. He just seems like he can't catch a break and worse, like knowing that we need scoring and he's not providing any is weighing on him. I could actually feel the anxiety coming off of him before his jaw was broken and 2 games back it's already returning. I think a big part of it for him is he just needs to remember he's awesome and calm down. ...And maybe make a sacrifice to the hockey gods because if the poor guy didn't have bad luck this season he wouldn't have any luck at all. :(

I don't know what's the deal with Hank and Danny. I hope with Hank it was part of the injuries. To be honest, I'm glad the Iron Man streak is over so he can finally just sit whenever he needs a few days to rest or heal. He'll do his team more good missing a few games and then playing at a higher level when he returns than staying in and only able to give it a fraction of his normal level. As for Danny, I'm hoping it's just a lull right now. He's still doing the right things most games, just not getting rewarded for it. I can't imagine he's holding anything back for the Olympics though I do fear that the Olympics are a point of stress for both Hank and Danny.

and yet they're still averaging almost half a goal per game more than we are...

and the Blues have 43 more goals than we do, so they're still getting more production from their guys overall even if Steen is the only one in the top 30.

So now you are invalidating your previous point completely to make a new one to divert away from the topic. You don't even know what you are arguing against at this point. I'm done with you.

Archived