The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN-PHI BLOCKBUSTER

To PHI: Ryan Kesler, Alex Burrows, Jannik Hansen, Jordan Schroeder + VAN 2014 2nd

To VAN: Scott Hartnell, Jakub Voracek, Wayne Simmonds & Sean Couturier

Forward Groups for both teams:

VANCITY

Sedin Sedin Voracek

Hartnell Couturier Simmonds

Higgins Richardson Kassian

Booth Lain Dalpe

Sestito

PHILLY

B. Schenn Giroux Read

Lecavalier Kesler Burrows

Raffl Schroeder Hansen

Rinaldo Hall Downie

Rosehill

FLAME AWAY

So Schroeder is playing for both teams? OP's got some splaining to do.

Fixed.

You could argue Kesler>Simmonds, but even then it's an overpayment by PHI.

Its more equal now.

Even Holmgren would hang up on that. Huge overpayment by Philly.

Holmgren is crazy though, I'd think he'd consider it.

Simmonds ? Kesler

Hartnell>Burrows

Voracek>Hansen

Couturier>Schroeder

Why does PHI do this?

Kesler is better than all of those players. Burrows is better than Hartnell, only thing is Hartnell can fight as well. Added a draft pick to balance it out.

I am.

I just don't overrate our players like others on CDC..

Here's an example.. http://forum.canucks...n-tbl-proposal/

I consider Kesler better than Simmonds but I think your point is valid. If you were to go on a site like the Flyers HF where similar talks have happened I have not seen 1 Flyer fan agree that they would do any proposal that involved Simmonds going for Kesler.

A common trade seen here of Simmonds and B. Schenn was brought up by a Canuck fan and some of the responses are below. People weren't even concerned with Schenn it was Simmonds that was to valuable to give up.

Absolutely not. Simmonds isn't going anywhere.

I wouldn't trade Simmonds alone for Kesler.

It's not that I think Simmonds is worth more but he's on a steal of a contract and is exactly the player we would look for once traded.

Simmonds is pretty much untouchable at this point. I would actually venture to guess that Voracek would be easier to acquire despite being the better player, if that makes any sense. The staff and management seem very high on Simmonds, hence why he gets the "A" when someone from the leadership group is out of the lineup.

It's fairly amusing to look at the fans on both sides as they are often on very different spectrums as far as value goes. I don't know if everyone is overrating Kesler or underrating Simmonds or vise versa but as a Flyers fan who saw how poorly this team started and how they rampaged back into a playoff spot while Simmonds has posted 33 points in 35 games despite not being on the Giroux line and the chaos he causes in front of the net dictating the kind of hockey that is being played... He has been a monster for the Flyers and moving him just seems counter productive even for Kesler.

With all the young players they have Simmonds should be at the back of the list of players moved to fill other holes.

So I don't think your remark on Kesler and Simmonds is as bad as people are giving you credit for haha.

I am.

I just don't overrate our players like others on CDC..

Here's an example.. http://forum.canucks...n-tbl-proposal/

In my opinion, more people underrate our players on these forums. There are people on here that would offer Kesler + 1st round + Jensen/Schroeder/Kassian just for Simmonds. Which to me, is WAY more annoying than a trollish looking Kesler + pick for Stamkos thread. I can't take those proposals seriously enough to be annoyed by it.

In my opinion, more people underrate our players on these forums. There are people on here that would offer Kesler + 1st round + Jensen/Schroeder/Kassian just for Simmonds. Which to me, is WAY more annoying than a trollish looking Kesler + pick for Stamkos thread. I can't take those proposals seriously enough to be annoyed by it.

I don't think anyone on here would offer Kesler+1st+ for Simmonds..

I agree a blockbuster with Philly may be a perfect fit, but this deal doesn't make sense.

First, we get more veterans than young core pieces for the future. Second, why would they trade their core pieces if they are looking for a cup run? Including Hartnell makes no sense.

Kesler, Burrows and Bieksa are all players that fit their team well.

Archived