The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

torrenting

euphoria/

So I was checking my email this evening and happened to see this email fro my IP provider (Telus).

We are writing to inform you that TELUS has received a report that alleges that your TELUS Internet Service account has been involved in copyright infringement. This report was traced back to your account based on the IP address used at the time of this activity.

At TELUS, we respect our customers privacy: we have not provided your personal account information to the reporter. It is TELUS policy to disclose such information to a reporter in this context only if ordered to do so by a court of law. Please visit http://about.telus.com/community/english/privacy for more information about our privacy practices.

We do, however, want you to be aware that this report was received by us and offer you the following information that may be of help to you:

If you are unaware of this type of activity originating from your account, you may wish to inquire with others who have access to your account.

If you are using a dial-up account, change the account password to ensure that only authorized users have access to it.

You may also want to check your system for viruses, which may explain why this sort of activity is originating from your account.

If the ADSL modem is connected to a wireless router, please make sure that only your authorized computers can connect to it and access the internet. For help in securing the wireless router, please contact the router vendor.

Below is an excerpt from the report that we received regarding your account. We include it in this notice in an effort to help you identify the activity that is in question.

Sincerely,

Adam,

Internet Abuse Team Member

TELUS Communications

Abuse@telus.com

IP Address: //////

Port: //////

Title: Anchorman: The Legend Continues

Filename: Anchorman 2 The Legend Continues [2013] HDRip XViD juggs[ETRG]

Distribution found at: 2014-03-26 05:14:34 GMT

Local time: March 25, 2014 10:14:34 PM

Protocol: BitTorrent

The copyright holder alleges that at March 25, 2014 10:14:34 PM, they were able to connect to the IP address /////. This IP address was assigned to your connection at that time. During the connection they say that they found that portions of the file Anchorman: The Legend Continues was actively being distributed from your connection. They conclude that as they were able to extract a portion of the file Anchorman 2 The Legend Continues [2013] HDRip XViD juggs[ETRG] from your connection that their exclusive distribution rights are being violated. They are asking that the file sharing stops immediately. Please note, we can trace the IP address to your account. The actual file could be shared from any computer behind your router, including ones that connect wirelessly.

Should you want further information on the complaint, please reply to this email.

I will admit, I do torrent some movies and TV shows, and the occasional game, yet I have never seen anything like this before. I do seed some torrents, but I never knew that it could lead to this.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this? Should I be worried? Can I continue torrenting?

thanks.

If you are worried about torrenting, there are other alternative ways for movies and TV shows. You can either get a VPN/proxy as suggested or just stream movies via XBMC/Ice films etc. You could also download movies to your android device using showbox which has all the latest movies and TV shows. I usually just stream all my music and movies thru pandora/netflix/XBMC/showbox/Songza etc.

Telus for some reason has a boner about sending those out yet Shaw does nothing so weird to be honest

Actually. Switch to shaw man, never had a problem ever. I had shaw, switched t Telus for god knows what reason but luckily got out of it and went back to Shaw.

can you use a proxy with Hulu if not then use a VPN that has servers based in the states.

When i tried to watch The Walking Dead with Hola on Hulu it said the episodes are available on the AMC website, and to watch on the AMC website you need to sign in with your wireless provider name and password. Canadians don't have American ISP's.

Canadians don't have American ISP's.

when traveling abroad they sure do.

ever use a WiFi connection in a different country ?

..or using a VPN/Proxy service ........just ask Netflix users in Canada how they get American Netflix.

can you use a proxy with Hulu if not then use a VPN that has servers based in the states.

I do use Hulu and I have access to it. What I meant was that the Walking Dead show just isn't available on Hulu. I would also rather download it then watch it on some stream that isn't Hulu.

Archived